Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004513 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #8225 on: December 09, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
i assume you meant the chase Freedom, in which case the answer is no

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: December 09, 2015, 01:16:00 PM »
i assume you meant the chase Freedom, in which case the answer is no

I don't have a Chase Freedom. I only have Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi AAdvantage, Hyatt, or IHG.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: December 09, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »
If I am shopping on Amazon, is there a better credit card to use than my CSP?

the chase freedom, as mentioned, but just this quarter (and every 4th quarter if they continue having it as a 4th quarter bonus category). other than that, no.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: December 09, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
i need a United card stat. What is the best offer out there?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: December 09, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »
mrs. gooch, do you want a chase freedom? There is no reason to not have one. You can PM me your email address and I can send you a little referral.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: December 09, 2015, 01:43:11 PM »
mrs. gooch, do you want a chase freedom? There is no reason to not have one. You can PM me your email address and I can send you a little referral.

:bwpopcorn:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: December 09, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »

Well I have too many applications to get a bonus.....so is it really worth getting?
Actually won't they just deny me completely if I have more than 5 applications?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: December 09, 2015, 01:45:35 PM »

Well I have too many applications to get a bonus.....so is it really worth getting?

no.  wait until you have less than 5 applications and the bonus is 20k.  get it once and keep it.  lotta self-centered sharks in this thread.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: December 09, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »

no.  wait until you have less than 5 applications and the bonus is 20k.  get it once and keep it.  lotta self-centered sharks in this thread.

accurate

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: December 09, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

accurate

I believe earlier in this thread you told me that it was not worth keeping my applications low to get it....

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8235 on: December 09, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »

Rusty :nono:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: December 09, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »

accurate

I believe earlier in this thread you told me that it was not worth keeping my applications low to get it....

sys' point about rustyshark was accurate. the other stuff was as accurate as whatever path you chose re. the chase cards.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »
for married people, it might make sense to have a hybrid strategy on csp.  one person staying under 5 to churn them and the other person disregarding the limit.  i haven't thought about it much, just occurred to me, but it might make sense for some.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: December 09, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »
If she wanted to capitalize on the 10x bonus, the current bonus may be more valuable than waiting for 20k. Depends on how much she wants to spend.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: December 09, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »
If she wanted to capitalize on the 10x bonus, the current bonus may be more valuable than waiting for 20k. Depends on how much she wants to spend.

max is 15k, so no.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: December 09, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
I can't get any bonus right now because I have 6 applications and it is going to be a year before 2 of them drop off to get below 5.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: December 09, 2015, 02:49:08 PM »

max is 15k, so no.

If she got 10k + 15k, then yes. But since she can't get a bonus, then no. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: December 09, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »
OK, so is 35K bonus on United the best I am going to get or should I wait for something better???

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: December 09, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »
OK, so is 35K bonus on United the best I am going to get or should I wait for something better???

a week or so ago, i posted a link and told you to check that link whenever you wanted to find out current offers.  if you get the 35k bonus, you will have gotten what you deserve.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: December 09, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »

It's pretty regularly 50k

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: December 09, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »

a week or so ago, i posted a link and told you to check that link whenever you wanted to find out current offers.  if you get the 35k bonus, you will have gotten what you deserve.

That's too confusing. I just want you guys to tell me.
All I see on that link is that the bonus was 50K in June, but I don't know how often that happens. Like if I have to wait 2 years for a 50K offer I am not waiting.

I see now that there is a business card at 50K, but I don't really want to have to fake a business. Gooch tried that once and got denied.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: December 09, 2015, 03:34:24 PM »
All I see on that link is that the bonus was 50K in June, but I don't know how often that happens. Like if I have to wait 2 years for a 50K offer I am not waiting.

I see now that there is a business card at 50K, but I don't really want to have to fake a business. Gooch tried that once and got denied.

it really isn't confusing once you get used to the format.  if the link is still there, it's still working.  flyertalk is good about updating things.

was the business application denied at chase or at a different bank?  banks are not identical about giving business cards.  chase seems pretty easy.  don't make up a business, just use your legit personal info for the business card that you need for your hobby that involves money coming in and going out.  for example buying and reselling books.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: December 09, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »

it really isn't confusing once you get used to the format.  if the link is still there, it's still working.  flyertalk is good about updating things.

was the business application denied at chase or at a different bank?  banks are not identical about giving business cards.  chase seems pretty easy.  don't make up a business, just use your legit personal info for the business card that you need for your hobby that involves money coming in and going out.  for example buying and reselling books.

I clicked on that link that said it was 55K, had to create an account and then it went to the offer page and it was only 30K.

I'm not sure which bank denied the business card. Gooch will have to answer that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: December 09, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
chase, amex, and citi are all easy business card getting banks. I do own two pretty lol level businesses which I use though. I always set them as sole proprietorship and use my SSN anyway though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: December 09, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
I clicked on that link that said it was 55K, had to create an account and then it went to the offer page and it was only 30K.

when you click on the link, instead of next immediately clicking on the application link, go to the recent posts in the thread and read them.