Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005397 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7650 on: August 27, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
just got the 100k Amex Plat. $450 annual fee not waived but comes with lounge access, $200 airline credit, other elite stuff.

http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/amex-plaitnum-100k-business-gold-75k/

pretty big commitment.  hope it pays off for you.

well, I'm very good at this so I'm pretty positive it will

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: August 27, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
i have confidence in you, sd.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: August 27, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
i have confidence in you, sd.

also, should clarify some of the benefits more. On top of 100k MR points that are worth at least $1k even if you just book flights through Amex (and a lot more if you transfer to the right partner):

-Lounge access to Delta lounges, Priority Pass Select, and Amex Centurion Lounges (very elite lounges but not a ton of locations yet, currently in 6 airports DFW, LAS, SEA, LGA, MIA, SFO with HOU on the way).

-$200 per calendar year for airline reimbursement. You have to select one airline unfortunately but then you can spend whatever on it (drinks, upgraded seats, ticketing fees, boarding early stuff, checked bags, etc.) and the card automatically reimburses those charges. Since this is per calendar year I'm going to make sure to spend at least $200 this year and then I'll get another $200 before I pay the fee again (which I won't, I'll cancel it).

-Some pretty nice hotel booking privileges via Amex Fine Hotels http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2012/05/17/understanding-virtuoso-and-american-express-fine-hotels-resorts/

-SPG Gold Status

-$100 Global Entry reimbursement (I'm TSA pre already and OMA doesn't have a global entry sign up place so I'll probably not take advantage of this)

So, like, I'd have to be a pretty big dumbass not to make this pay off a lot

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: August 27, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
For Chase cards, is there an easy way to check the date you received your bonus?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: August 27, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »
For Chase cards, is there an easy way to check the date you received your bonus?

I think you can look at your UR points history and see when the points posted to the account, if it is a UR points card...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: August 27, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »

I think you can look at your UR points history and see when the points posted to the account, if it is a UR points card...

yeah that's what I thought but I can't find it easily

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: August 27, 2015, 04:17:58 PM »
Click View Ultimate Rewards (on the right)
Click See More Activity (on right)
If needed scroll to the bottom and click View More

You should be able to tell when there was a large points earn.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: August 27, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »

it won't go back far enough, it stops scrolling at May. There is a date of "total points redeemed since..." But that doesn't necessarily tell me when I received the bonus.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: August 27, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »
Has anybody doing the incognito AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card deal had the card in the past? I thought you could only get that reward once in your lifetime and I got it like 5 years ago. Anybody had luck getting it more than once?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: August 27, 2015, 04:24:58 PM »

it won't go back far enough, it stops scrolling at May. There is a date of "total points redeemed since..." But that doesn't necessarily tell me when I received the bonus.

Look at all your old statements (click See Statements) and check for the big earn under the UR Summary (page 2).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: August 27, 2015, 04:31:41 PM »

Look at all your old statements (click See Statements) and check for the big earn under the UR Summary (page 2).

this works for active cards, I just realized I was looking for an old United card. Hmmm.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
Tried to use my Chase Ink to pay my comcast internet bill and get the 5x points. But it is classified as "miscellaneous" by Chase. How can I fix this?

Also, I need a new bonus. Done all the Chase proprietary cards for me and my wife, two Avios, one AA, (haven't been able to use any AA/Avios points), have a SW companion pass, done Hyatt cards for both, and have done United cards for both. what's next?

A) No idea

B) You've really beat the crap out of Chase, nice work. Citi Premier 50k, SPG Amex (when it goes to 30k), 75k Hilton Citi are options.

hey steve dave, can you send me an spg 30k referral link? Is this better than the Citi Thankyou Premier? Citi has some shitty airline partners.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »

this works for active cards, I just realized I was looking for an old United card. Hmmm.

I can still see statements on a closed CSP card.  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
well I think I removed it for some reason and can't see it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: August 27, 2015, 05:17:49 PM »

Tried to use my Chase Ink to pay my comcast internet bill and get the 5x points. But it is classified as "miscellaneous" by Chase. How can I fix this?

Also, I need a new bonus. Done all the Chase proprietary cards for me and my wife, two Avios, one AA, (haven't been able to use any AA/Avios points), have a SW companion pass, done Hyatt cards for both, and have done United cards for both. what's next?

A) No idea

B) You've really beat the crap out of Chase, nice work. Citi Premier 50k, SPG Amex (when it goes to 30k), 75k Hilton Citi are options.

hey steve dave, can you send me an spg 30k referral link? Is this better than the Citi Thankyou Premier? Citi has some shitty airline partners.

I only have the biz version, does that matter to you? (It shouldn't btw, it's a better card)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7665 on: August 27, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »
Also, with Amex, you can't post a link for some reason. PM me whatever email you are currently using. It shows up immediately though (referred mrs Dave to it recently)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: August 27, 2015, 05:20:03 PM »

A) No idea

I only have the biz version, does that matter to you? (It shouldn't btw, it's a better card)

still no fee the first year?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: August 27, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

Has anybody doing the incognito AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card deal had the card in the past? I thought you could only get that reward once in your lifetime and I got it like 5 years ago. Anybody had luck getting it more than once?

Unfortunately I'll be able to tell you in like 2 weeks. I thought I had the biz before but it was actually the personal (twice). Always check the spreadsheet first. But, I've already gotten the $100 in flight credit, there's minimal spend, and there's no fee so WGAF.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: August 27, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »
Some of you need to implement the shoebox organizational system.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: August 27, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »

A) No idea

still no fee the first year?

yeah, no fee iirc. benefit of the biz is you get open savings so like you spend money at staples or hyatt or other places it automatically credits back like 2% of the purchase to your account. it also gets you lounge access at Sheratons and Boingo wifi at airports and other places for free. the personal doesn't.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »

same exact terms iirc. benefit of the biz is you get open savings so like you spend money at staples or hyatt or other places it automatically credits back like 2% of the purchase to your account. it also gets you lounge access at Sheratons and Boingo wifi at airports and other places for free. the personal doesn't.

Damn, thought you had the Personal. Was just going with it right now for the lower spend. I might still do your Business referral, but want to get the Personal along with something else. What are the best ways for meeting spends right now? Is there still crap with Bluebird? Been out of the game lately.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: August 27, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
I've never done any manufactured spend so I don't know. We, unfortunately, spend enough that it's never been an issue. Especially now that lil sd is here.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: August 27, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
mikey is your guy, Java

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: August 27, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
Anybody got the AMEX SPG Personal that wants to send a referral?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: August 27, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
mikey is your guy, Java

Also pour out your drink for Rams :cry: