Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003330 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7500 on: July 21, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
approved, this one should work for anyone interested

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: July 22, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
Traveling to Europe to catch Rugby World Cup and the Chefs play in London.

What card should I get and put this trip on? I only have a SW RR that I've had for 6 plus years and an AmEx I've had for a couple years now. I'm as amateur as amateur gets with this stuff. I literally only know how to use my RR points.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: July 22, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
Amex wins the award for fastest card delivery.  Received it this morning, about 36 hours after I applied.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: July 22, 2015, 02:24:16 PM »
i mean if you would've said rolling stone was going to do something on one of the miles bloggers then they probably picked the one i would've guessed. could you imagine that loser gary leff, mommy points or darius in rolling stone?  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: July 22, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
With wide ears, Buddy Holly glasses and a shock of strawberry-blond hair, Schlappig resembles Ralphie from A Christmas Story if he'd grown up to become a J. Crew model.

WOW!

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: July 22, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »
LUCKY!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/ben-schlappig-airlines-fly-free-20150720

seems like calling the people running freq. flier programs idiots is a good way to get your dick slapped.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: July 22, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
i mean if you would've said rolling stone was going to do something on one of the miles bloggers then they probably picked the one i would've guessed. could you imagine that loser gary leff, mommy points or darius in rolling stone?  :lol:

The darker element of the Hobby is said to network at these events. If you have the skills, you may get an invitation to join one of the bands that operate anonymously around the world. These groups use secure servers and private e-mail groups to communicate. "There's one that I'm on," says Gary Leff, referring to an online group, stressing that he joined only to monitor the chatter. "Others I've had access to don't know."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/ben-schlappig-airlines-fly-free-20150720#ixzz3geX7EUku
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: July 22, 2015, 03:08:41 PM »
LUCKY!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/ben-schlappig-airlines-fly-free-20150720

seems like calling the people running freq. flier programs idiots is a good way to get your dick slapped.

On a recent international flight, an attendant maneuvered an unwitting Schlappig into an empty row, administering what he delicately terms a surprising and unwanted hand job. ("It was a disaster," he says. "I tried to get out, but there was no point.")

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/ben-schlappig-airlines-fly-free-20150720#ixzz3geXNuTLJ

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: July 22, 2015, 03:11:39 PM »
LUCKY!

On a recent international flight, an attendant maneuvered an unwitting Schlappig into an empty row, administering what he delicately terms a surprising and unwanted hand job. ("It was a disaster," he says. "I tried to get out, but there was no point.")

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/ben-schlappig-airlines-fly-free-20150720#ixzz3geXNuTLJ

I am curious if that was a male or female.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: July 30, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDY7&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1515202307

I just got the email saying I was approved.  It was a tough decision on whether to use your link or SD's, but I chose Sys because I thought he prolly needed the points more than SD. 

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
Got a targeted Amex platinum thing in the mail. 100k Amex points or whatever, $200 airline fee credit, plus other perks.  $450 annual fee. Worth it?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7515 on: July 30, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »
Got a targeted Amex platinum thing in the mail. 100k Amex points or whatever, $200 airline fee credit, plus other perks.  $450 annual fee. Worth it?

The airline fee credit doesn't include actual flights and you have to select one airline right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: July 30, 2015, 11:44:12 PM »

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FDY7&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1515202307

I just got the email saying I was approved.  It was a tough decision on whether to use your link or SD's, but I chose Sys because I thought he prolly needed the points more than SD. 

you made the right choice, for the right reasons.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: July 31, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »

pete....we're through.

jk. also, I'm goiong to be putting links to the best offers on the first post of this thread. if you'd like me to add your referral links to it you can send them to me and I'll add them (including duplicate referrals to my own). That way it's easy for everyone to choose whose referral link to use for whatever bullshit pete reason they want. sys, I added yours above. Also, please let me know if we have links that aren't the best offer, etc. I'm doing this because A) it's easier for me to reap valuable referral bonus points and it's easier than me digging up links of my referral every time someone needs one B) to keep links to non-referral best offers there so people don't have to search this thread and travel blogs for them.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

pete....we're through.

jk. also, I'm goiong to be putting links to the best offers on the first post of this thread. if you'd like me to add your referral links to it you can send them to me and I'll add them (including duplicate referrals to my own). That way it's easy for everyone to choose whose referral link to use for whatever bullshit pete reason they want. sys, I added yours above. Also, please let me know if we have links that aren't the best offer, etc. I'm doing this because A) it's easier for me to reap valuable referral bonus points and it's easier than me digging up links of my referral every time someone needs one B) to keep links to non-referral best offers there so people don't have to search this thread and travel blogs for them.
Stud move, both for you and the goE community
I'm purple down

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: July 31, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »

pete....we're through.

Stud move, both for you and the goE community

yeah, this was a good call.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: July 31, 2015, 01:40:21 PM »
those links expire

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »

pete....we're through.

I feel shame.  I am only going to use your referral links going forward. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
actually, after doing some flyertalk searches I think this should work for everyone

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330

open an incognito tab and keep entering this link until you get hit with the 50k offer after $1k spend

Got it on the first try.  Applied.  Thanks, SD!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
SD, RD, and the gang, I have a dilemma.

I have been forced to use a company-pay card (company pays all bills on it).  It has a terrible points program, and they are trying to force us to use it for all work travel spend.  Just a terrible set of circumstances here.

Well, I am thinking that many of my cards are essentially obsolete.  I noticed that Steve Dave said that he cancels some of his, and then later re-applies for them.  Below are my current cards.  Since I have to use my company card to buy most travel expenses, I really won't have much occasion to use my Delta and American cards.  Do you guys think I should cancel these?  Should I just hold them in the event that I want to buy a vacation ticket retail (e.g. get the bonus points for buying a Delta ticket with the Delta card, etc.).  Is it better to have more or less active cards, when it comes time to try for new cards?  Thoughts?

Current cards:
Chase Sapphire Preferred (this is going to turn into my everyday card)
Southwest Visa Preferred
American Airlines Advantage MasterCard
Delta Skymiles American Express (this gives me one free round trip companion ticket every year, with purchase of one full fair ticket).
Marriott Signature Visa
Stupid work card diners club master card piece of crap

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: July 31, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »
I'll give you a strategy this weekend Pete.