Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006348 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7425 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
Also, the Mrs. has some side gigs every now and again. Maybe about one project per year. Is that enough to consider her a business owner? Should I try to get the Ink?

yes

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: July 09, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »
your wife is the most legitimate business owner itt

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured, but wanted to make sure the rest of you hadn't gone to jail for credit card fraud or something.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: July 09, 2015, 08:38:16 AM »

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured, but wanted to make sure the rest of you hadn't gone to jail for credit card fraud or something.

I legitimately own a message board and a domain for a travel blog that I never got off the ground you son of a bitch

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »

I legitimately own a message board and a domain for a travel blog that I never got off the ground you son of a bitch

Sounds more like a mogul than a business owner to me.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: July 09, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
Amateur question here:

Is there any way I can get my Delta miles to transfer to something else like SPG? I only fly Delta into like 3 airports and would rather use those points elsewhere. TIA

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: July 09, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
Amateur question here:

Is there any way I can get my Delta miles to transfer to something else like SPG? I only fly Delta into like 3 airports and would rather use those points elsewhere. TIA

just go somewhere new. I mean I imagine Delta flies to more than three places you want to go. sheesh.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
Amateur question here:

no

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »
how do you guys keep track of so many cards?  you can't carry them all in your wallet, do you just throw them in a drawer somewhere?  does award wallet let you know if an annual is about to hit, or how else do you keep track of all of those?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: July 09, 2015, 09:05:16 AM »
how do you guys keep track of so many cards?  you can't carry them all in your wallet, do you just throw them in a drawer somewhere?  does award wallet let you know if an annual is about to hit, or how else do you keep track of all of those?

spreadsheet on google docs

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:53 AM »

I generally use one at a time for the signup bonus plus Sapphire for travel/restaurants and Freedom for bonus categories. And I have a google docs spreadsheet that I'm bad at updating but I've only hit the annual fee once on accident and I just had them reverse it and canceled the card. google docs are fantastic, BTW.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »
yeah, you have like 60 or 90 days or something to cancel the card after the fee posts and have them remove the annual fee.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: July 09, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »
yeah, you have like 60 or 90 days or something to cancel the card after the fee posts and have them remove the annual fee.

did not know this, thanks

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:34 AM »
I have my spreadsheet on Dropbox. Also, just added apply date and cancel date to the spreadsheet recently since I didn't have those on there before.

I have 1 tab for open cards and 1 tab for closed cards.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: July 09, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
Amateur question here:

just go somewhere new. I mean I imagine Delta flies to more than three places you want to go. sheesh.

My point is that I have loads of United Miles and SW points that I actually use and accrue and these Delta ones seem like a real waste. Plus, I really hate Delta and the only reason that I fly them is because all the other airlines times to small airports suck.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7440 on: July 09, 2015, 09:35:22 AM »
Amateur question here:

My point is that I have loads of United Miles and SW points that I actually use and accrue and these Delta ones seem like a real waste. Plus, I really hate Delta and the only reason that I fly them is because all the other airlines times to small airports suck.

If you continually fly Delta, then you're going to continually have Delta points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: July 09, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »
you can use them for crappy stuff like shopping with miles or something but it's a terrible redemption

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: July 09, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
I have loads of United Miles and SW points that I actually use and accrue and these Delta ones seem like a real waste. Plus, I really hate Delta and the only reason that I fly them is because all the other airlines times to small airports suck.

what in the

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: July 09, 2015, 10:08:43 AM »

Personalized shoeboxes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: July 09, 2015, 10:12:24 AM »
I keep running out of time on weekends to do this, but I need to organize the dates on all my chase cards.  I'd planned to get a new CSP and then I'd be good for a while holding it, Freedom, Ink and a Hyatt and IHG with the annual free night being worth the annual fee, but that 5 apps in 2 years rule might eff me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: July 09, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
I keep running out of time on weekends to do this, but I need to organize the dates on all my chase cards.  I'd planned to get a new CSP and then I'd be good for a while holding it, Freedom, Ink and a Hyatt and IHG with the annual free night being worth the annual fee, but that 5 apps in 2 years rule might eff me.

keep in mind the 5 apps in 2 years is for ALL credit cards, not just chase cards. I'd be unable to get another UR card for the rest of my life.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: July 09, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »

keep in mind the 5 apps in 2 years is for ALL credit cards, not just chase cards. I'd be unable to get another UR card for the rest of my life.

Damn, I'll def be out of the chase game for a bit then.  Guess it might be time to learn how to use excel or something.  #MainAdministrator

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: July 09, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
Also, the Mrs. has some side gigs every now and again. Maybe about one project per year. Is that enough to consider her a business owner? Should I try to get the Ink?

i hope your wife calls them "side hustles" for her street cred.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »

Damn, I'll def be out of the chase game for a bit then.  Guess it might be time to learn how to use excel or something.  #MainAdministrator

the new rule only applies to the Chase proprietary products though. So CSP/Ink/Freedom.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:17 AM »

the new rule only applies to the Chase proprietary products though. So CSP/Ink/Freedom.

Got it.  CSP is the only one I really need to add to my lineup anytime soon though.  Until I do, my Hyatt card's what I use for those bonus categories when I'm not trying to get spend or have a periodic bonus with a different card.