Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006364 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #6900 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
Got my Hyatt card in the mail today. Excited for platinum status and two free nights at any of their properties.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: March 27, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
I canceled my SW card without too much trouble although it is annoying how they have to repeat everything you said back to you like "I understand that you would like to cancel the account today because you don't intend to fly on Southwest in the next year."

Now what card should I get? Gooch has gotten a bunch of them but I haven't gotten any (except SW).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
I canceled my SW card without too much trouble although it is annoying how they have to repeat everything you said back to you like "I understand that you would like to cancel the account today because you don't intend to fly on Southwest in the next year."

Now what card should I get? Gooch has gotten a bunch of them but I haven't gotten any (except SW).

Chase Sapphire preferred through this link.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FCCP&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1511620713

Or, wait until steve dave sends you a link and get the same card

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: March 27, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »

do you guys have a companion pass? if not, did your SW points credit this calendar year?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: March 27, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

do you guys have a companion pass? if not, did your SW points credit this calendar year?

No and no. I think we will have to wait until we are eligible for a new SW cards. When we got our cards they had stopped the business card so we tried to combine our 2 personal cards on the same rewards account but that didn't work so we each ended up with our own SW rewards account.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: March 27, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FCCP&CELL=6RLJ&MSC=1511620713

Or maybe I should just log into Gooch's preferred account and get a referral from there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: March 27, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

Or maybe I should just log into Gooch's preferred account and get a referral from there.

yes, that's a great idea! I have done this w/ my wife.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: March 27, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

No and no. I think we will have to wait until we are eligible for a new SW cards. When we got our cards they had stopped the business card so we tried to combine our 2 personal cards on the same rewards account but that didn't work so we each ended up with our own SW rewards account.

ok, then the CSP is a good option, Ink biz card maybe even better if you're comfortable with a biz card, then get a freedom card for the 5 point quarterly bonus categories. don't get the freedom until it's back up to 20k bonus. def. get a referral from gooch.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: March 29, 2015, 04:18:22 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: March 29, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »
Us air miles moved to AA. BA accounts are mostly locked down while they sort out their hack.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: March 29, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »
Us air miles moved to AA. BA accounts are mostly locked down while they sort out their hack.

I know.  Just found it was a good concise screen grab to capture a bunch of the last few pages, plus letting tonya know there's still 30K frontier miles available for him.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: March 30, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »
yup, my 179k Avios are "gone" as are my wife's.

Her Dividend Miles didn't merge right either for some reason.  Gonna have to email.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: March 30, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »

OK, how did you get that link? The only thing that I can find (after I messaged them) was a refer a friend link where I have to put in the friend's name and email address and then Chase is supposed to email them a link to apply (which takes up to 7 days and which hasn't come through yet after 2 days).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: March 30, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »

OK, how did you get that link? The only thing that I can find (after I messaged them) was a refer a friend link where I have to put in the friend's name and email address and then Chase is supposed to email them a link to apply (which takes up to 7 days and which hasn't come through yet after 2 days).
Use the twitter link

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:39 AM »
Thanks!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: March 30, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
My AA got a nice bump from that combo. Probably will never reach SD levels but it's enough to go places!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: March 30, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »
I'm trying to stay in Chicago in the loop the last weekend in May for a getaway for me and Mrs. CF3. Dates are flexible, but we're planning our trip around the Royals playing in Wrigley. However, all the Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriotts are not taking reservations because of an oncology convention with 33k people. Is there a way around this? I don't want to stay out of the loop.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
I'm trying to stay in Chicago in the loop the last weekend in May for a getaway for me and Mrs. CF3. Dates are flexible, but we're planning our trip around the Royals playing in Wrigley. However, all the Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriotts are not taking reservations because of an oncology convention with 33k people. Is there a way around this? I don't want to stay out of the loop.

certain elite levels will give you guaranteed rooms but you are paying the rack rate for it which is going to be very high. I don't know if you have elite status with any program but you could do that if it was worth it to you.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: March 31, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »

certain elite levels will give you guaranteed rooms but you are paying the rack rate for it which is going to be very high. I don't know if you have elite status with any program but you could do that if it was worth it to you.

I'm like, not that elite. Blog to me SD. How crappy is Chicago staying outside the loop?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: March 31, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »

I'm like, not that elite. Blog to me SD. How crappy is Chicago staying outside the loop?

Well inside the Loop is generally preferred for tourists, but if Wrigley is your main attraction, you could certainly stay in the River North/Miracle Mile/Lincoln Park area and be fine.    Keep in mind that the 33k are not only booking the hotels, but also cramming everything else in the Loop area, so you probably would be better to plan an "alternative" Chicago experience and seek out some of the less touristy spots.   The El system is great in the Loop, but frankly their bus system (at least around the Loop/MM region) is pretty good too.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
81,468 AA miles now in hand thanks to Steve Dave... 

:billdance:

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: March 31, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »

Yeah, I actually prefer north of the river :dunno: . As mikey points out it's very convenient for wrigley via the red line.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:05 AM »
yeah. river north/miracle mile is better than loop/south loop.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: March 31, 2015, 10:55:44 AM »

yeah most of those are booked up too. i'll figure out something guys

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: March 31, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »

yeah most of those are booked up too. i'll figure out something guys

yeah, I just checked. That's about as bad as I have ever seen availability in Chicago this far out. Stuff will open up though. Check back constantly.