Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005852 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #6250 on: October 15, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
steve dave, please use some miles to fly to wherever MIR is stationed and teach him how to do all this.

when i see him in real life again I'll give him the drunken 5 minute talk about it

Cool, but you might want to give it 6 or 7.  He's very stubborn.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: October 15, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
So I'm sharing a hotel room with some friends this weekend, and I booked the reservation. Now one of the four wants to make the hotel split the bill when we arrive so she can get her credit card points...Is that annoying or is my annoyance misplaced?

what's your problem with it? easier than you guys settling up amongst yourselves with antiquated cash like a caveman.

Well the problem is that there is actually a fifth person staying with us on one night only and also we are splitting the gas. And I don't really know the exact amount yet (taxes, fees)...so it would just be a lot easier to calculated what each person owes after the fact and settle up then.
5 people in one hotel room? Man who knew i married some gypsie woman?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »
So I'm sharing a hotel room with some friends this weekend, and I booked the reservation. Now one of the four wants to make the hotel split the bill when we arrive so she can get her credit card points...Is that annoying or is my annoyance misplaced?

what's your problem with it? easier than you guys settling up amongst yourselves with antiquated cash like a caveman.

Well the problem is that there is actually a fifth person staying with us on one night only and also we are splitting the gas. And I don't really know the exact amount yet (taxes, fees)...so it would just be a lot easier to calculated what each person owes after the fact and settle up then.
5 people in one hotel room? Man who knew i married some gypsie woman?

I'd just pretend they are all sharing a king bed and cuddling.   :fatty:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: October 17, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
i will probably never need a delta mileage run. i have 130k skymiles, even after the honeymoon.
is there the equivalent of that for hyatt ever? i would consider that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6255 on: October 17, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »
i will probably never need a delta mileage run. i have 130k skymiles, even after the honeymoon.
is there the equivalent of that for hyatt ever? i would consider that.

yeah, people mattress run sometimes. they don't really do it for the miles, they do it to maintain or get status. like, if you are close to top tier Delta for the next year but need so many more miles you just find a great deal like this and fly to Vegas for the weekend. cheap trip and butt in seat miles towards your status.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: October 17, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
a great place to mattress run is Vegas with the MLife and Hyatt partnership. you can get rooms at the garbage excalibur for like $40 and it counts as a Hyatt night. You can bounce around the cheap MLife properties and get stay/night credits. You then have to decide if you actually are going to stay at the horrible Excalibur or are going to pay for another better hotel to actually sleep at.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: October 17, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
Actually, you can get weeknight rooms at the Excalibur for like $20 if you have Hyatt status. If I lived in Vegas I'd get Hyatt Diamond for the rest of my life.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: October 17, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »
1st class mileage run oppy for you MCI DeltaCats

http://deltamileagerun.boardingarea.com/kansas-city-to-seattle-or-las-vegas-1st-class-526-8624mqms-at-6-1cpm-vacation-delta-mileage-run/

WTF is going on here?  Am I booking with points or cash because it's a lot of points for the cash?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: October 17, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »

http://deltamileagerun.boardingarea.com/kansas-city-to-seattle-or-las-vegas-1st-class-526-8624mqms-at-6-1cpm-vacation-delta-mileage-run/

WTF is going on here?  Am I booking with points or cash because it's a lot of points for the cash?

booking with cash and flying first class in order to get points towards status and a cheap 1st class flight to vegas

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: October 17, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »

booking with cash and flying first class in order to get points towards status and a cheap 1st class flight to vegas

Thanks SD!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »

Should go to seattle instead, imo.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: October 18, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
@steve dave alert:

Hyatt Cabo resort is closed because of a storm or something. Trying to switch to Cabo November 8, returning on the 13th. Would do a redeye November 7 because it's hard to fly east out of SFO. Have like 100k BA miles, 50k AA miles, 25k UA miles, 130k UR. Would prefer economy to save miles. Can BA points be used to book Business/First MileSAAver? Because it seems like there's business availability when I want to fly but not economy and I would consider it if I can use BA miles.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: October 19, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
BUMP, and I actually need to return on the 12th

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
you can use ba miles to book first class etc on aa. log into your ba account and then search for flights using miles and then just select the flight class.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: October 19, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
Hopefully I ca look at it tonight or Monday. Sorry, missed this initially.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
you can use ba miles to book first class etc on aa. log into your ba account and then search for flights using miles and then just select the flight class.

Yeah, Mileage/Business/First MileSAAver shows up as available on AA for 30k miles on Friday, November 7, but not on BA. Call BA?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: October 19, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
@steve dave alert:

Hyatt Cabo resort is closed because of a storm or something. Trying to switch to Cabo November 8, returning on the 13th. Would do a redeye November 7 because it's hard to fly east out of SFO. Have like 100k BA miles, 50k AA miles, 25k UA miles, 130k UR. Would prefer economy to save miles. Can BA points be used to book Business/First MileSAAver? Because it seems like there's business availability when I want to fly but not economy and I would consider it if I can use BA miles.

unless i'm misunderstanding, there is really great availability from sfo to sjd on nov 8th on aa with aa economy milesaaver and great availability on the way back too. leave sfo at 645am and get there at 204pm. you would book with ba points from sfo to lax and then from lax to sjd.

it would be 4500 ba from sfo to lax and then another 7500 from lax to sjd so 12k on way per person and then the same back. so you guys could fly roundtrip from sfo to sjd for 24k ba on aa for the dates you want. that would be economy. are you wanting business/first?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: October 19, 2014, 05:26:24 PM »
@steve dave alert:

unless i'm misunderstanding, there is really great availability from sfo to sjd on nov 8th on aa with aa economy milesaaver and great availability on the way back too. leave sfo at 645am and get there at 204pm. you would book with ba points from sfo to lax and then from lax to sjd.

it would be 4500 ba from sfo to lax and then another 7500 from lax to sjd so 12k on way per person and then the same back. so you guys could fly roundtrip from sfo to sjd for 24k ba on aa for the dates you want.

I meant to say I was switching to cancun. whoops.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »
gee whiz

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6270 on: October 19, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
@steve dave alert:

it would be 4500 ba from sfo to lax and then another 7500 from lax to sjd so 12k on way per person and then the same back. so you guys could fly roundtrip from sfo to sjd for 24k ba on aa for the dates you want.

well that makes more sense.

times like this i ask myself wwrd do? and then i say man, dunno. are those dates like super locked in or can you go a day or two forward/backward? also, it would be a crap load of ba miles to get you there first and back first class. also what about pv or czm? same distance.  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: October 19, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
@steve dave alert:

well that makes more sense.

times like this i ask myself wwrd do? and then i say man, dunno. are those dates like super locked in or can you go a day or two forward/backward? also, it would be a crap load of ba miles to get you there first and back first class. also what about pv or czm? same distance.  :dunno:

I have free Hyatt nights that expire November 30 and was using them at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. Childcare already taken care of which isn't usually easy to arrange. PV Hyatt all-inclusive doesn't open until December. I think since Hyatt is basically throwing away my reservation, I could postpone it and keep the dates if I complained enough, but it would be kind of a pain.

It looked like I could take 30k miles/piece to get there on AA business on a November 7 redeye, but I only have 57k miles. Getting back is a lot easier.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
which red eye type flight are you talking about? seems like they all require overnights. you could take similar flights into czm and then a boat over to playa del carmen and then short bus ride to cancun for 25 aa instead of 60. dunno maybe too much trouble.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
which red eye type flight are you talking about? seems like they all require overnights. you could take similar flights into czm and then a boat over to playa del carmen and then short bus ride to cancun for 25 aa instead of 60. dunno maybe too much trouble.

Yeah the redeyes are overnights and I'd be ok with that.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: October 19, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
I'm plat with Marriott, if I call Hyatt will they status match me to diamond?  Thinking of doing it to help upgrade chances in Kauai in a couple weeks.
emaw