Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983847 times)

yoga-like_abana

Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
jeez louise how long does it take to get accepted or declined for this cc?

Which one?  Usually right away. 
75k signup bonus for the visa.

Instantly.  :gocho:
:embarrassed:

We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. < Just got back on there and read this

I would guess a week then
Yeah thats kinda what I'm thinking now, hopefully sooner.  :crossfingers:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
Today was the day.

50K Marriott points added to correct already existing account, plus bump to Silver ELITE level.

60K SPG points ON TOP OF the 10K that were apparently added inadvertently.

Still have 75K AA miles and 30K Priority Club points en route.

So, do I call SPG and bitch about not getting the corresponding incorrect 10K on the other card?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 11, 2010, 06:21:32 AM »
Wow, that is a great day trim. Would not call lest they take the original 10k away.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2010, 03:21:13 PM »
I got the SPG personal and business cards. Just paid for my $1000 spend on the personal account on Thursday and my SPG account shows the points for that spend right now. I almost hope they screw up so I can call and bitch and get more points.

not the position i'd want to be in. you'll be dealing w/ amex. not spg and certainly not some random airport sheraton or something.

Just got 10K added today for first purchase. My first purchase was July 7th. Here's to 30K more (and hopefully another 40K for my business card).  :crossfingers:
Code: [Select]
Earn   +10000   08/12/2010   SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (AX)
Oh wait, that 10K is for my business card. Crap, probably gonna have to call on the personal one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:25:35 PM by JavaCat »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »
I got the SPG personal and business cards. Just paid for my $1000 spend on the personal account on Thursday and my SPG account shows the points for that spend right now. I almost hope they screw up so I can call and bitch and get more points.

not the position i'd want to be in. you'll be dealing w/ amex. not spg and certainly not some random airport sheraton or something.

Just got 10K added today for first purchase. My first purchase was July 7th. Here's to 30K more (and hopefully another 40K for my business card).  :crossfingers:

Yep, be patient.  You're about to be rolling (nod to Fitz) in at least 70K SPGs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »

Oh wait, that 10K is for my business card. Crap, probably gonna have to call on the personal one.

You were only supposed to get 30k.  So, if you call and bring it to their attention, they may take the extra 10k back :ohno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »

Just got 10K added today for first purchase. My first purchase was July 7th. Here's to 30K more (and hopefully another 40K for my business card).  :crossfingers:
Earn  +10000  08/12/2010  SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (AX)

You were only supposed to get 30k.  So, if you call and bring it to their attention, they may take the extra 10k back :ohno:

Yeah, don't call.  You probably weren't supposed to get that first 10K on the business card and you def aren't supposed to get it on the personal.  You'll get the 30K on each in a few weeks on top of the erroneous 10K.  Just shut up and enjoy your extra 3 and 1/3 nights at the OKC Sheraton.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »

Just got 10K added today for first purchase. My first purchase was July 7th. Here's to 30K more (and hopefully another 40K for my business card).  :crossfingers:
Earn  +10000  08/12/2010  SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (AX)

Yeah, don't call.  You probably weren't supposed to get that first 10K on the business card and you def aren't supposed to get it on the personal.  You'll get the 30K on each in a few weeks on top of the erroneous 10K.  Just shut up and enjoy your extra 3 and 1/3 nights at the OKC Sheraton.

I'm being patient for now. Just worried about the personal side. It seems like everybody here got the 30K pretty fast.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
EXCEPT FOR ME! :curse:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
Yeah, I didn't get mine fast.  I didn't even get the card mailed to me originally and had to get a replacement with a new number.  Just keep all your documentation and it'll work out fine or better in the end.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
I have a offer for 30,000 points just for signing up for a priority point (holiday inn family) card, no annual fee the first year, (after which I'll probably cancel the card), should I pull the trigger, this would be my first foray into hotel rewards CC's, kind of  :ohno: about it
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »
I have a offer for 30,000 points just for signing up for a priority point (holiday inn family) card, no annual fee the first year, (after which I'll probably cancel the card), should I pull the trigger, this would be my first foray into hotel rewards CC's, kind of  :ohno: about it

I don't think that's as good as the SPG one but it isn't bad.  The 30k is the standard sign up for Priority Club card.  Good thing about that is it's PAK headquarters in Manhattan, but that prolly doesn't effect you. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »

I don't think that's as good as the SPG one but it isn't bad.  The 30k is the standard sign up for Priority Club card.  Good thing about that is it's PAK headquarters in Manhattan, but that prolly doesn't effect you. 

why wouldn't that effect me, are you saying I'm only cool enough to pak in 'maha, or that I'm not likely to 'pak at all, I'll 'pak, I will 'pak your fracking face off  :combofan:
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »

why wouldn't that effect me, are you saying I'm only cool enough to pak in 'maha, or that I'm not likely to 'pak at all, I'll 'pak, I will 'pak your fracking face off  :combofan:

No, more that you prolly have a place or two to stay in Manhattan so it would be dumb for you to waste hotel miles on a room :dunno:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

No, more that you prolly have a place or two to stay in Manhattan so it would be dumb for you to waste hotel miles on a room :dunno:

whereas these guys are smelly, old and ugly so they usually pak in the hotel.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »

Yeah this is true  :gocho: I have a friend that got an elite level job in the ksu athletic department, pretty much means I'll be chillin in the pressbox non-stop
I'm purple down

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »

I'm still hesitant to do the airline ones because 1) the hotel ones thus far haven't been smooth and 2) I don't fly much and when I do, I get the most convenient flight to my travel plans regardless (not irregardless) of price.  I know you guys have said that AA miles can be used for BA and other section 17 foreigner flights, but they don't help at all when your choice is a nearly free AA flight that'll eff up a schedule for a day vs. a $300 Delta/Continental/Whatever flight that's convenient, do they?

Just discovering this thread and its rough ridin' amazing.  I have been in this thread literally for three and a half hours. 

My beef is this, when I travel domestically (my number of stamps on my passport :flush: ) my travel is dictated by airline.  I really only fly AirTran, Jet Blue, and United if absolutely necessary and they all seem to have really shitty bonus programs for their credit cards.  I refuse to fly AA, USAirways, Delta, and Continental.  They are all shitty airlines that have mumped me over multiple times, but they have the best points programs, sucks bros, sucks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »

I'm still hesitant to do the airline ones because 1) the hotel ones thus far haven't been smooth and 2) I don't fly much and when I do, I get the most convenient flight to my travel plans regardless (not irregardless) of price.  I know you guys have said that AA miles can be used for BA and other section 17 foreigner flights, but they don't help at all when your choice is a nearly free AA flight that'll eff up a schedule for a day vs. a $300 Delta/Continental/Whatever flight that's convenient, do they?

Just discovering this thread and its rough ridin' amazing.  I have been in this thread literally for three and a half hours. 

My beef is this, when I travel domestically (my number of stamps on my passport :flush: ) my travel is dictated by airline.  I really only fly AirTran, Jet Blue, and United if absolutely necessary and they all seem to have really shitty bonus programs for their credit cards.  I refuse to fly AA, USAirways, Delta, and Continental.  They are all shitty airlines that have mumped me over multiple times, but they have the best points programs, sucks bros, sucks.

I got the 75K AA points anyway.   If I'm in a situation where I can plan a trip far in advance, I can use those to fly first-class somewhere which should be adequate even if you hate AA.  If I'm not going to be in a spot where I an use them, I'll convert them to hotel points and just live in a Starwood hotel for a few months.

If you fly a lot, get cards for all the airlines and rack up the maximum points you can for each and keep your options open.  A small sign-up bonus is better than nothing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:53 AM »

I'm still hesitant to do the airline ones because 1) the hotel ones thus far haven't been smooth and 2) I don't fly much and when I do, I get the most convenient flight to my travel plans regardless (not irregardless) of price.  I know you guys have said that AA miles can be used for BA and other section 17 foreigner flights, but they don't help at all when your choice is a nearly free AA flight that'll eff up a schedule for a day vs. a $300 Delta/Continental/Whatever flight that's convenient, do they?

united doesn't have a bad program. they are combining with continental too. I got 50k united sign up bonus for a Chase visa the other day. enough $or two rt domestics.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »
Earn  +20000  08/17/2010  SPG AX NEW MBR SPEND BONUS-CSR
Earn +10000 08/17/2010 SPG AX NEW MBR BONUS

30K was just added for my personal card, but it was put in as the above lines...two separate bonuses. It was added 13 days after I paid my $1000+ bill. Hopefully for the business card it's not just a 20K bonus on top of my 10K first purchase bonus.

SD, did you stay at a Westin in San Fran and did you redeem SPG points for it? If so, how much? Looking to go to San Fran in Oct. or next March.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »
yeah, stayed at:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1981

It was 10k a night.  Right in downtown San Fran and walked to the Giants game. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
I got enough Priority Club points from last weekend for a free night in Manhattan  :surprised: 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2010, 12:45:36 AM »
WhitlockJason Adding a second credit card. Longtime American Express holder. Want to add a Visa. Any good ones, like say Southwest Visa, free tickets?

goEMAW @WhitlockJason re: credit cards/points/free stuff, check here.  Go cats.  http://bit.ly/9SAUSg

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2010, 12:54:03 AM »
Jason, post here.