Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983240 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »
If you are staying at a Holiday Inn (or any of the Priority Club brands) in the next 90 days you can book through this link and get an additional 5k priority club points.  

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/global/1/pcr/5kbonuspoints?cm_mmc=DCE-_-PCRSTAYYOU100527-_-USEN-_-BODYCTA#Offers
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:55:58 AM by steve dave »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51:02 AM »
If you already have a reservation in the next 90 days just click the "register for this promotion" link right above the T&C and you should be registered for any stay.  Keep the e-mail confirmation just in case. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »
Better Priority Club points credit card than the Chase 30K one?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:40 AM »
Saw last night that I got 10K SPG points for first purchase on the AMEX business where the bonus was supposed to be 30K after $1K spent.  Not sure if the 10K will be on top of the eventual 30K, part of the 30K or if I'm going to have to call and bitch about not getting my 30K in a few months.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Saw last night that I got 10K SPG points for first purchase on the AMEX business where the bonus was supposed to be 30K after $1K spent.  Not sure if the 10K will be on top of the eventual 30K, part of the 30K or if I'm going to have to call and bitch about not getting my 30K in a few months.

Hmmmm, we have spent $1k on each of our new ones and gotten no bonus yet but the terms said that the 30k was supposed to come 60-90 days after the $1k was spent.  Sounds like you may be calling and bitching.  Did you save the e-mail confirmation or whatevs when you first were accepted?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2010, 08:16:09 AM »

Hmmmm, we have spent $1k on each of our new ones and gotten no bonus yet but the terms said that the 30k was supposed to come 60-90 days after the $1k was spent.  Sounds like you may be calling and bitching.  Did you save the e-mail confirmation or whatevs when you first were accepted?

Yeah.  I know the 30K wouldn't be showing up for a few months but this is a bad omen.  None of these have gone smoothly.  I've got this issue on the AMEX business.  The AMEX regular never showed up in the mail so I had to call and get a new one sent which meant a new card number so I'm anticipating a problem with SPG there.  The Chase card came with a new Marriott number on it instead of the one I told them, so I had to call about that.  We'll see if the 50K gets put on my existing account or if I end up having to do some merger or something.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »

Yeah.  I know the 30K wouldn't be showing up for a few months but this is a bad omen.  None of these have gone smoothly.  I've got this issue on the AMEX business.  The AMEX regular never showed up in the mail so I had to call and get a new one sent which meant a new card number so I'm anticipating a problem with SPG there.  The Chase card came with a new Marriott number on it instead of the one I told them, so I had to call about that.  We'll see if the 50K gets put on my existing account or if I end up having to do some merger or something.

JFC, that sucks.  I've not run into any problems to date.  Maybe you're doing it wrong :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:51 AM »
JFC, that sucks.  I've not run into any problems to date.  Maybe you're doing it wrong :dunno:

Yeah, kind of a pain, but nothing that shouldn't be somewhat simple to rectify in a few months if things aren't going right.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:59 AM »
Better go ahead and call Trim.  Mrs. Dave's 30k SPG just credited.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »
Better go ahead and call Trim.  Mrs. Dave's 30k SPG just credited.

:curse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »
Watch Your Email for BIG Citicard AA Offers
Don't delete your emails prematurely. A reader informed me, his Mom got a targeted offer for 50K AA on sign up and 50K more after a big minimum spend. There is also a thread on Flyertalk about 75K sign up bonuses so watch your emails and keep us all informed if you get a dandy offer. And the first year fees are also being waived. Keep your eyes open.

:surprised: :crossfingers:

Sounds like the BA offer but with AA (which makes it even better)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
sd/sdwife miles accounts update:  Whe have a combined 320,344 miles amongst various accounts with 35k more coming down the pipe this month  This is after cashing in for 2 roundtrips to florida, san fran & hawaii and staying roughly 15 nights at hotels using miles in the last 9 months  :driving:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2010, 09:06:28 AM »
sd/sdwife miles accounts update:  Whe have a combined 320,344 miles amongst various accounts with 35k more coming down the pipe this month  This is after cashing in for 2 roundtrips to florida, san fran & hawaii and staying roughly 15 nights at hotels using miles in the last 9 months  :driving:

Wow! Sounds great Steve. Have a great day!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »

YOU TOO!

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
sd/sdwife miles accounts update:  Whe have a combined 320,344 miles amongst various accounts with 35k more coming down the pipe this month  This is after cashing in for 2 roundtrips to florida, san fran & hawaii and staying roughly 15 nights at hotels using miles in the last 9 months  :driving:

YOU TOO!

Can't wait to text you aa SFO pic sunday.  :driving:

(or will it be SJC???  :crossfingers: )

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »
 :pbj:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »
just got my 30,000 spg points.  :ksu:

also, really amazing deal for people who haven't got an AA deal in the past. also, i think that as long as you haven't got citi AA Visa in the past and only got citi mastercard or amex you are good to go here as well. not 100% though. ton of miles though. ton...

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2010/07/30/so-far-so-good-100000-mile-american-airlines-credit-card-signup-bonus/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »

Mine's still f'd up.  I called explaining I was given 10K for a first purchase instead of 30K for $1000.  I think I explained it as clearly as possible but the chick wasn't tracking.  She kept saying she sees I've got the 30K program and that the points should be there in 8-12 weeks, as though I'm going to get those on top of the 10K I shouldn't have gotten.  I think BSAC will make sure that happens now.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »

Mine's still f'd up.  I called explaining I was given 10K for a first purchase instead of 30K for $1000.  I think I explained it as clearly as possible but the chick wasn't tracking.  She kept saying she sees I've got the 30K program and that the points should be there in 8-12 weeks, as though I'm going to get those on top of the 10K I shouldn't have gotten.  I think BSAC will make sure that happens now.

Did you guys get the bonus prior to paying your first month's bill?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2010, 09:53:13 AM »
also, really amazing deal for people who haven't got an AA deal in the past. also, i think that as long as you haven't got citi AA Visa in the past and only got citi mastercard or amex you are good to go here as well. not 100% though. ton of miles though. ton...

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2010/07/30/so-far-so-good-100000-mile-american-airlines-credit-card-signup-bonus/

I'm still hesitant to do the airline ones because 1) the hotel ones thus far haven't been smooth and 2) I don't fly much and when I do, I get the most convenient flight to my travel plans regardless (not irregardless) of price.  I know you guys have said that AA miles can be used for BA and other section 17 foreigner flights, but they don't help at all when your choice is a nearly free AA flight that'll eff up a schedule for a day vs. a $300 Delta/Continental/Whatever flight that's convenient, do they?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »

My incorrect 10K was credited online before I got the bill and was listed on the bill I received, obviously before I paid it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »

My incorrect 10K was credited online before I got the bill and was listed on the bill I received, obviously before I paid it.

Interesting.  Hopefully mine goes smoothly.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »
spg credited me with 10,000 pts really quickly and then the other 20000 about two weeks later (yesterday). i didn't call in our anything, just checked my account this morning and BOOM it was all there. i'd check your spg account again.

understand what you are saying about the airline miles stuff but 75000 AA miles just for getting a card and using it a couple of times is insane. it'd be enough points that if you planned in advance, you could fly two people to that cancun bball tournament in 2011. the key is just planning far enough in advance. you obviously wouldn't be able to use them just any old time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »
I've gotten the AA visa before.  Really wish I hadn't so I could do this.  Finally talked sdbro and mrs. sdbro into both doing the SPG thing last night.  They are flying to Hawaii next June first class both ways using the BA miles I talked them into and staying 9 nights on two islands basically free now that they are doing th SPG deal.  Trim has awful luck with this stuff.  In the back of my mind I think he's not signing up correctly similar to that berford guy trying to sign up to the message board.  I hope AMEX poster intimidates him when he calls again.