Author Topic: We were a DC away from 8-4 possibly 9-3.  (Read 3483 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
We were a DC away from 8-4 possibly 9-3.
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
IT is that simple.  Cosh has to go.  Other than that I think the KSU program is bullish.  Levitt is out there looking for a job. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

T42YS

Re: We were a DC away from 8-4 possibly 9-3.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »
Keep CarsyCoff out of the CU and MU games and it's possible those games are won despite the crap defense. Just clean house and be done with it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:15:08 PM by T42YS »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »
I really don't care at all whether Cosh is fired or not.  It won't change anything.  The problem starts at the top.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
could have easily been 3-9

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »
Keep CarsyCoff out of the CU and MU games and it's possible those games are won as well. Just clean house and be done with it.

CCQ was fine against CU.  The offense hasn't been the problem this year.  There is a reason we scored over 40 twice in losing efforts.  
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:18:26 PM »
I really don't care at all whether Cosh is fired or not.  It won't change anything.  The problem starts at the top.

Do you have any suggestions? 

T42YS

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
Keep CarsyCoff out of the CU and MU games and it's possible those games are won as well. Just clean house and be done with it.

CCQ was fine against CU.  The offense hasn't been the problem this year.  There is a reason we scored over 40 twice in losing efforts. 

You seriously think I'm not aware of how much our goddamn defense sucks?

<------------------------Look. Look at that. I've had same goddamn thing up with different emoticons since like the Nebraska game.

I'm saying that the whole program is rotten from the inside-out like Trim. We need to shitcan Cosh on Monday and force Bill to "resign" at the end of the season. Bill's gone senile (how else do we keep running draws and options to the short side of the field w/Carsy) and his coordinators are a pile of crap. We need to get rid of every last vestige of the Wefald era at KSU except for the stuff he already has his name on. It's time to go balls out and take some risks w/Currie and Schultz.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:25:04 PM by T42YS »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »

The T42YS plan (the one re: KSU football, not milk-chugging).

T42YS

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 09:28:03 PM »

The T42YS plan (the one re: KSU football, not milk-chugging).

I SWITCHED TO ORANGE JUICE YOU bad person :surprised:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »

This.

And wasn't Ron Prince, despite a more challenging schedule, also a defensive coordinator away from 8-4 or 9-3? Snyder was supposed to come in, assemble a great coaching staff, and then coach up the leftover youngsters. The team showed tremendous progress last year but has clearly regressed this year (the 7-5 record is a product of an insanely easy schedule.)

Snyder came in and said, "Hey Ron, I'll see your awful dc Tibesar and raise you a Cosh."

It's over.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
So your suggestions are "get rid of Snyder and hire someone else (anyone else)," I'm all for making a change if you have the right guy im place.  I'm not for change for the sake of change.  And to those who think bringing in Levitt as DC and even DC/HCIW would be a bad move I extend an offer to you to provide an example of a better solution. (extra points if it is a feasible one)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:19 PM »
So your suggestions are "get rid of Snyder and hire someone else (anyone else)," I'm all for making a change if you have the right guy im place.  I'm not for change for the sake of change.  And to those who think bringing in Levitt as DC and even DC/HCIW would be a bad move I extend an offer to you to provide an example of a better solution. (extra points if it is a feasible one)

Not hire someone else (anyone else).  Fire OB, let coaches apply, filter down applicants for interviews, competently interview them and hire the best one (not anyone).

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »
I would not have a prob with Leavitt as DC if he isn't HCIW.  Regardless of what his job title is though, I do not see him coming here without the expectation of taking over.  I do not see Snyder doing anything less than trying to hand him the keys on his way out.  With that being my expectation, Leavitt can go ahead and stay the eff away

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
K-State gets its Golden Boy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »
I said it in chat, but our DC is a symptom, not the disease.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »

Not hire someone else (anyone else).  Fire OB, let coaches apply, filter down applicants for interviews, competently interview them and hire the best one (not anyone).

is that allowed  :dunno:

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 12:26:52 AM »

seems like our offense even with terrible players still manages to put points on the board.  to me it seems the defense is the disease.

the disease might be snyder but it certainly isnt snyder's offense...  even with his idiocy tonight regarding coffman vs. klein...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 08:12:26 AM »

seems like our offense even with terrible players still manages to put points on the board.  to me it seems the defense is the disease.

the disease might be snyder but it certainly isnt snyder's offense...  even with his idiocy tonight regarding coffman vs. klein...

We're sixth in scoring offense and seventh in scoring defense.

And keep in mind that the offense has an elite running back recruited by Ron Prince.

Offline W.Churchill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »
One DC,  Two DT's,  One DE,  Three LB's and maybe a partridge in a pear tree.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »
K-State gets its Golden Boy

Oh hell no.  I'll pass on White Turner Gill.  I'd suggest Trim use Al Golden's tie to choke him out.  The parallels between Golden at Temple and Gill at Buffalo are too much to ignore.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »
Not every coach from the MAC is the "white Turner Gill." That doesn't make any sense.

Brian Kelly coached at Central Michigan. He's went on to do big things at Cincy and is now at Notre Dame.

Brady Hoke coached at Ball State. He has since turned around San Diego State and is likely to have several BCS schools offering him a job if he wants it.

Nick Saban and Gary Pinkel both coached at Toledo. Saban, you might remember, has won a pair of national championships at LSU and Alabama.

Some of the all-time greats—Bo Schembechler AND Woody Hayes—got their start at Miami (OH), before taking over Michigan and Ohio State.

Don't bag on the MAC!  :angry:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
 urban meyer coached at bowling green

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »
urban meyer coached at bowling green

I knew I forgot somebody.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 11:42:25 AM »
are any of those guys doing anything innovative?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
Not every coach from the MAC is the "white Turner Gill." That doesn't make any sense.

Hey bad person don't rough ridin' insult my intelligence and talk to me like I'm a goddamned tard.  eff you.  I'm smarter than you.

Every coach you listed was accomplished Golden hasn't done crap.

He's under .500 in the MAC, this is the best team he's ever had and he's going to finish 3rd in his shitty division, and the MAC is down this year.  eff tie wearing Al Golden and eff your rust belt ass.