Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4560706 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #16452 on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Come on wacky!

The Big Train

« Reply #16453 on: August 11, 2014, 02:33:05 PM »
 :Wha:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16454 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16455 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
If you aren't 100% on board with Sung-Woo and this Royals team, you can just get the eff on out of here and go talk about meaningless training camp stuff in the chiefs thread.
Oh look you guys, it's emawmeister trying to be tough over the interwebs again.  :Ugh:

I'm just enjoying this fantastic stretch of #BeRoyalKC and you're trying to bring everyone down. Sad, really.
Not really. I'm enjoying it too. I just wondered why we we're celebrating this guy for a week long. Good for him and stuff.

Because this.

So good.

In the end, this really isn’t a sports story, or at least it’s not a story about sports themselves. It’s a story about what sports does to us. It’s a story about how sports can bring us to a higher place, about why we cling to fandom no matter how bad our team is playing or how far away they are. The reason we’ve all stayed Royals fans through a generation of sadness and failure is because the joy we took from being Royals fans wasn’t derived solely from their success on the field. It was from the joy of being part of something bigger than ourselves. It was from the joy that comes from connecting with others. Being linked together by sadness and failure is far better than not being linked at all.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16456 on: August 11, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »

Come on wacky!

EFF it! I'm in!
You're not fully in until you profess how awesome Sung Woo is and what he means to you on a personal level.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16457 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

Come on wacky!

EFF it! I'm in!
You're not fully in until you profess how awesome Sung Woo is and what he means to you on a personal level.

Gonna win 'em all!
Sung Woo is a neat story and I'm happy for him that he gets to experience this journey with us.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:14:22 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16458 on: August 11, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »
not good enough imo

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16459 on: August 11, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »
Should have been more like, "Sung Woo is a neat great story and I'm happy for him that he gets to experience this journey with us that we get to experience this magical moment with the greatest of Royals fans."
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16460 on: August 11, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »
Oh man, you guys remember how adorable he seemed when he brought his broom to the ball park and he kept sweeping the pre game desk? Oh man, thats was totes adorable.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #16461 on: August 11, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
Going to the game tonight.  Can't wait to see Sung Woo, he's the best thing to happen to KC in maybe forever.  If Sung Woo wasn't throwing out the first pitch I'd be watching from my sofa.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16462 on: August 11, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
46 more times I can watch the Royals? Oh hell yeah  :drool:

Hey guys, CartierFor3, the mod of the Royals thread, doesn't think we're going to make the playoffs.

I do so.

Going to the game tonight.  Can't wait to see Sung Woo, he's the best thing to happen to KC in maybe forever.  If Sung Woo wasn't throwing out the first pitch I'd be watching from my sofa.

I have a softball game tonight and can't see Sung Woo throw out the 1st pitch.  :cry: But I'm a real life Royals fan and all true Royals fans are united as one flesh, so I'll be there in a way.  :)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16463 on: August 11, 2014, 03:56:07 PM »
If Sung Woo posted on the board, would CF3 let him co-mod this mug?  who knows

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16464 on: August 11, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »
See if you guys can figure out who these two mystery Royals game fans are in real life:

Person 1:  Edge of his seat the entire time.  Scores the game.  Brings appropriate props (e.g. broom).

Person 2:  Gets nachos as soon as he walks in the door.  May spend upwards of $50 on beer.  Thinks gambling on Mound Ball is best part of game, and Condiment Race is second best.

Hint:  one of the two is Sung Woo, and one is Pete.  :ohno:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16465 on: August 11, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
Serious post:

Guys one of my best friends in the world passed away 4 years and 5 days ago. He had muscular dystrophy and was only 29 years old. He was in my wedding, we'd been friends since 3rd grade. He loved the Royals, and hated them. Over the years we went to many, many, Royals games and usually talked on the phone several times a week about the team during the season. The last conversation I had with him was about the trade that sent Rick Ankiel to the Braves for Tim Collins. Every time Tim Collins pitches I think of Justin, and how pumped he was for that trade. Justin would get really, really down about the Royals, and in 2008 put his "MLB Fan Affiliation" on Ebay stating he was done with the Royals forever, the Royals bought it for $5  :lol: and invited him to batting practice before a game. He was convinced Hosmer was going to be elite, and we were right on the brink. One of my favorite memories was at my bachelor party (A Royals game) during the 19 game losing streak in 2005. He bought a cotton candy and told the vendor to give it to this like, 13 year old girl who was with her parents, saying it was a gift from me.  :lol:. When he passed, he was buried in a Royals jersey.

Justin's family bought a legacy brick at the K, and I stop by it most times I go to a game. Its like Rany said best,  "It was from the joy of being part of something bigger than ourselves. It was from the joy that comes from connecting with others. Being linked together by sadness and failure is far better than not being linked at all." Justin and my time as friends was during the absolute bottom of the Royals franchise history, when our team had no owner, we traded Dye, Damon, and Beltran for nothing, Ken Harvey was our all star, and we used a #1 overall pick on Luke Hoechevar. Didn't matter, we liked them, and enjoyed watching and talking baseball together. The last game I went to was the Sat. night game against Cleveland a few weeks ago when we were down 5-0 and came back to win, with Billy's 2nd homerun in 2 days. After the game I stopped by the legacy brick, and missed Justin knowing how much he would've loved knowing Billy did spin class, and that me and Slimz had called him that from O-TownCat's seats a few weeks prior.

The Royals mean a lot to me and to this city and community, they meant a lot to my friend, and he'd enjoy this season so very, very much.

This season can end with the fairy tale or the thud of a Ned Yost bonehead move, either way lets enjoy the ride together. If you are at the K and find yourself at the legacy bricks, look for one near the George Brett homerun off Gossage brick, it says "Justin Cole, a true fan". This season is for him.

#BeRoyalKC

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16466 on: August 11, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
If Sung Woo posted on the board, would CF3 let him co-mod this mug?  who knows

duh

See if you guys can figure out who these two mystery Royals game fans are in real life:

Person 1:  Edge of his seat the entire time.  Scores the game.  Brings appropriate props (e.g. broom).

Person 2:  Gets nachos as soon as he walks in the door.  May spend upwards of $50 on beer.  Thinks gambling on Mound Ball is best part of game, and Condiment Race is second best.

Hint:  one of the two is Sung Woo, and one is Pete.  :ohno:

Both Studs who I would party with.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16467 on: August 11, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »
Billy got AL player of the week btw.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16468 on: August 11, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »
Billy got AL player of the week btw.

Wacky let's do this.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16469 on: August 11, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
got kinda dusty in here.

dammit

:buh-bye:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16470 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
That was a wonderful post CF3.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: August 11, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: August 11, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Serious post:

Guys one of my best friends in the world passed away 4 years and 5 days ago. He had muscular dystrophy and was only 29 years old. He was in my wedding, we'd been friends since 3rd grade. He loved the Royals, and hated them. Over the years we went to many, many, Royals games and usually talked on the phone several times a week about the team during the season. The last conversation I had with him was about the trade that sent Rick Ankiel to the Braves for Tim Collins. Every time Tim Collins pitches I think of Justin, and how pumped he was for that trade. Justin would get really, really down about the Royals, and in 2008 put his "MLB Fan Affiliation" on Ebay stating he was done with the Royals forever, the Royals bought it for $5  :lol: and invited him to batting practice before a game. He was convinced Hosmer was going to be elite, and we were right on the brink. One of my favorite memories was at my bachelor party (A Royals game) during the 19 game losing streak in 2005. He bought a cotton candy and told the vendor to give it to this like, 13 year old girl who was with her parents, saying it was a gift from me.  :lol:. When he passed, he was buried in a Royals jersey.

Justin's family bought a legacy brick at the K, and I stop by it most times I go to a game. Its like Rany said best,  "It was from the joy of being part of something bigger than ourselves. It was from the joy that comes from connecting with others. Being linked together by sadness and failure is far better than not being linked at all." Justin and my time as friends was during the absolute bottom of the Royals franchise history, when our team had no owner, we traded Dye, Damon, and Beltran for nothing, Ken Harvey was our all star, and we used a #1 overall pick on Luke Hoechevar. Didn't matter, we liked them, and enjoyed watching and talking baseball together. The last game I went to was the Sat. night game against Cleveland a few weeks ago when we were down 5-0 and came back to win, with Billy's 2nd homerun in 2 days. After the game I stopped by the legacy brick, and missed Justin knowing how much he would've loved knowing Billy did spin class, and that me and Slimz had called him that from O-TownCat's seats a few weeks prior.

The Royals mean a lot to me and to this city and community, they meant a lot to my friend, and he'd enjoy this season so very, very much.

This season can end with the fairy tale or the thud of a Ned Yost bonehead move, either way lets enjoy the ride together. If you are at the K and find yourself at the legacy bricks, look for one near the George Brett homerun off Gossage brick, it says "Justin Cole, a true fan". This season is for him.

#BeRoyalKC

Sounds like a stud.  Stud prank too.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16473 on: August 11, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »

Come on wacky!

EFF it! I'm in!

Gonna win 'em all!
Sung Woo is a neat story and I'm happy for him that he gets to experience this journey with us.
THAT'S CLOSE ENOUGH!!!!!!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: August 11, 2014, 04:57:52 PM »
Damn, CF3, just damn. good stuff. I love sports.