Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4691640 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #16275 on: August 10, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
anyone else just look at the standings lately?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: August 10, 2014, 04:39:42 PM »
Is Sung Woo going to open up Korea for us, recruiting wise?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: August 10, 2014, 04:48:43 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: August 10, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
Davis is better than Holland. In my heart and on the stat sheet.

just seems like maybe would have been nice to keep one of the two rested.  probably stupid i know, but when you win seven in a row, it's easy to feel like you're going to have ninth inning lead in every game to come.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: August 10, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

just seems like maybe would have been nice to keep one of the two rested.  probably stupid i know, but when you win seven in a row, it's easy to feel like you're going to have ninth inning lead in every game to come.

I just said that because I have believed for a while. I don't understand why Davis isn't allowed to get the save every now and again? Would it throw Holland of his game mentally? Do those two get along enough that it wouldn't be a big deal? Does Holland get pay incentive for number of saves?

I agree with you though. Bring Herrerra in the 8th tonight, Davis in the 9th. Holland if necessary.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: August 10, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
Going to a game alone is kind of peaceful...just get to chill and focus on the game.....that is until the single most unattractive hammered group of ladies decide to post up next to you and one of them decide to scream over and over for San Fran while down 7-1.  It was awesome.  Kept trying to engage me and I was just like  :don'tcare:

go Jays!

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: August 10, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »

I just said that because I have believed for a while. I don't understand why Davis isn't allowed to get the save every now and again? Would it throw Holland of his game mentally? Do those two get along enough that it wouldn't be a big deal? Does Holland get pay incentive for number of saves?

I agree with you though. Bring Herrerra in the 8th tonight, Davis in the 9th. Holland if necessary.

the royals assistant g.m. recently said that they weren't sure if davis could be a closer or not. he said that in response to a question about whether or not they had thought about trading holland..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: August 10, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
Going to a game alone is kind of peaceful...just get to chill and focus on the game.....that is until the single most unattractive hammered group of ladies decide to post up next to you and one of them decide to scream over and over for San Fran while down 7-1.  It was awesome.  Kept trying to engage me and I was just like  :don'tcare:

go Jays!

it really is great. i did that for one of greinke's complete game shutouts in 09. was the best experience of my baseball watching life.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
Guys the save stat is such a joke. When you win every night (like the Royals) then you get lots of save chances. Holland needs more rest.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
Boston - 3
LAA - 1

Top of the 9th

Tigers - 5
Blue Jays - 5

Bottom of the 14th.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
OMG Guys look at this picture from the star website

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: August 10, 2014, 05:22:58 PM »
art.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: August 10, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
So guys I was listening on radio a bunch today. Denny is such a stud. He kept clowning how bad the Giants were all weekend, and brought up like 3 times how stupid it was to bunt Escobar over with Dyson. Also, when Gregor Blanco stole 3rd in the 9th, down 3, Denny was like "If you know why Blanco stole in that situation, please let me know. Its right there on the scoreboard, 3 run deficit, 9th inning, there is absolutely no logical reason to steal." His old ass doesn't give and eff and I love it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar
Jarrod Dyson on the Royals taking advantage of Tim Lincecum’s slow delivery in the running game: “That’s what we do. We abuse everybody.”

WE ABUSE EVERYBODY   :love: 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: August 10, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
look, they've had 11 innings to score another run.  they just can't, call the game for toronto and move on.  there's no need to stay here for another three or four hours.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16290 on: August 10, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
Jarrod Dyson on the Royals taking advantage of Tim Lincecum’s slow delivery in the running game: “That’s what speed do.”

:love:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: August 10, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »

go Jays!

it really is great. i did that for one of greinke's complete game shutouts in 09. was the best experience of my baseball watching life.
that will change come October

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: August 10, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »
So guys I was listening on radio a bunch today. Denny is such a stud. He kept clowning how bad the Giants were all weekend, and brought up like 3 times how stupid it was to bunt Escobar over with Dyson. Also, when Gregor Blanco stole 3rd in the 9th, down 3, Denny was like "If you know why Blanco stole in that situation, please let me know. Its right there on the scoreboard, 3 run deficit, 9th inning, there is absolutely no logical reason to steal." His old ass doesn't give and eff and I love it.

His TV appearance later in the game didn't go so well.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: August 10, 2014, 05:33:33 PM »
  :love:   :love:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »

Meh. I'll assume he was awesome and that you have no idea what you're talking about. "Hey Hall of Famer Denny Mathew's didn't do so well on TV." Yeah ok stupid.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
International fanbase
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: August 10, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
Jarrod Dyson on the Royals taking advantage of Tim Lincecum’s slow delivery in the running game: “That’s what we do. We abuse everybody.”

WE ABUSE EVERYBODY   :love: 

I don't remember the Royals ever having swagger....*boooinnggg*

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: August 10, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »

Meh. I'll assume he was awesome and that you have no idea what you're talking about. "Hey Hall of Famer Denny Mathew's didn't do so well on TV." Yeah ok stupid.

No. it was terrible. He said barry shouldnt get in due to character flaws. Then when asked what about all the racists that are in the hall of fame back when that was the way baseball was, he said their characters flaws didn't improve their abilties. :facepalm:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
you guys, just how great is this? don't worry. i'll answer. it's great. watched with seven, meathead and stevesie. we all agreed it was great. great? yep great. hot damn, you guys. just one hot damn piece of ass we all watched today.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: August 10, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
Dub and Sundance Kid are shipping out to the minors (because they are minor league posters) so some spots are opening up here in the big leagues soon. Saying 'roid heads shouldn't be in the hall isn't that surprising, or controversial. Denny is still a stud.