Author Topic: (G)Rumblings ...  (Read 34209 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: (G)Rumblings ...
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »
Frank is going to do plenty of crap I disagree with.  However, I am on the Frank train until things start regressing.  

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »
It's just prognostication being fueled by fear of losing.
This

I still think he plays, and if he doesn't, I hope we don't lose.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
Frank is going to do plenty of cac I disagree with.  However, I am on the Frank train until things start regressing.  

Exactly.  There's a difference between trusting that Frank has a plan and being a blind tard.  I disagree with the handling of this situation, I wouldn't do it that way, but I'm going to wait and see how Curt looks and the team looks in KC before my first complete meltdown.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »
I have nothing to add to this thread so I will just post this:  :alleyoop:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
Frank is going to do plenty of cac I disagree with.  However, I am on the Frank train until things start regressing.  

Exactly.  There's a difference between trusting that Frank has a plan and being a blind tard.  I disagree with the handling of this situation, I wouldn't do it that way, but I'm going to wait and see how Curt looks and the team looks in KC before my first complete meltdown.

I'll meltdown if we lost to Va Tech.  Like, you don't even know.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »
If Frank backs down then maybe this was the motivation or C-Kel legit improved (probably some combo).  If he does sit Kelly, then I don't know what the hell is going on, maybe it is pretty serious, but it could also just be Frank trying to control the expectations of the team.  Maybe he is gambling here to get the team ready for CBE/KC.

Look I'm not saying this is some brilliant move, I'm just saying that Frank regularly does this and so far it seems like his head games have paid off.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »
What will the tards say if  :ck: plays and we lose anyway?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »
I don't think i'd want to play for Frank if I was some high recruit. I can see why recruiting has been slightly better than mediocre lately. I'd rather just cash my check at UK or have 4somes at KU.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

CK will be written off as a bad person with ego issues that discipline can't fix.  They will also probably second guess Frank about how long he sat him and say that it should have been a few more games since he obviously doesn't help us anyway.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »

CK will be written off as a bad person with ego issues that discipline can't fix.  They will also probably second guess Frank about how long he sat him and say that it should have been a few more games since he obviously doesn't help us anyway.

This is what I'm thinking. But they also think that Frank can do no wrong. It would be interesting to see which line of thought wins out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »
I'll meltdown if we lost to Va Tech.  Like, you don't even know.

oh I know...I def. know

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »

This is what I'm thinking. But they also think that Frank can do no wrong. It would be interesting to see which line of thought wins out.

I think it would be more interesting to win.  By like 10 or more.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2010, 01:48:36 PM »

Need some clarification..  Am I a tard because I haven't prejudged a decision that Frank hasn't made yet and the potential negative effect that it may possibly have on a game that hasn't been played?

TIA.  

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »
frank martin is a god

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »

I would point out here that you really don't have any idea what CK's "situation" really is, beyond what Frank has indicated in the public. You may not like the outcome of Frank's handling of it, but not sure how you can have an opinion one way or the other on his handling of it without more info.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2010, 01:55:30 PM »
melting down about non-issues like this make melting down about actual issues and games less fun for me. probably on an island here though. go back to all the pro/anti frank ck handling tardtalk fellas.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:33 PM »

Need some clarification..  Am I a tard because I haven't prejudged a decision that Frank hasn't made yet and the potential negative effect that it may possibly have on a game that hasn't been played?

TIA.  

It has much more to do with how you view the situation after the game than how you view the situation right now. If CK doesn't play and we lose, yet you applaud Frank for sticking to his guns and not playing our best post player, you are a tard.

Offline ksuwizard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

TIA.  

It has much more to do with how you view the situation after the game than how you view the situation right now. If CK doesn't play and we lose, yet you applaud Frank for sticking to his guns and not playing our best post player, you are a tard.

Pullen had a little question/answer session on Twitter today.  I think CK and Frank will work out whatever differences they have and CK will dominate like he has in the past.
@RealMikeT I think curtis is and will become the leader frank wants

Offline KSUfrenchy22

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
I remember when frank sat out bill walker 4 years ago for the nebraska game and he played better the next game. I think he is doing the same thing ck and ck will come out a be a better player and leader.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

I would point out here that you really don't have any idea what CK's "situation" really is, beyond what Frank has indicated in the public. You may not like the outcome of Frank's handling of it, but not sure how you can have an opinion one way or the other on his handling of it without more info.

Thanks captain.  All of this makes logical sense to me, but if we left it at that message boarding wouldn't be nearly as fun. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
I remember when frank sat out bill walker 4 years ago for the nebraska game and he played better the next game. I think he is doing the same thing ck and ck will come out a be a better player and leader.

was Bill's 0-fer game against UT before or after this?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2010, 02:26:27 PM »
I think CK and Frank will work out whatever differences they have and CK will dominate like he has in the past.

CK WILL DOMINATE!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2010, 02:27:59 PM »
krusty's too Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to be manipulated.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
Frank on BITB in the 4:00 hour explaining why he's stealing opportunities from young men like Curtis Kelly

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »
I think CK and Frank will work out whatever differences they have and CK will dominate like he has in the past.

CK WILL DOMINATE!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!

No doubt there is a lot of hugging and a declaration over twitter of how much someone loves their bros.