Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 88622 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »
Nobody actually believes Mack will coach again post-UT, correct? 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »
Some of you guys cut Mack Brown much more slack than LHC Bill Snyder. Just sayin' #1cat

I would trade Bill for Mack right now.

I would trade a complacent Snyder for an invigorated Mack.
Yeah, me too. Part of me is like "not sure he could win at State if he tailed off getting all the talent UT does (even though he won a lot before)" but OTOH, look what he did at UNC. I don't know what happened with him at UT, but he has shown he can win at a top program and at a sub par program. Not sure he could now or not though.

WOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!

Like old ass Mack Brown would want to put in the work that's required at a program like K-State. :lol: what he did at UNC is less than what Snyder 2.0 is doing here now. I don't want to be mean but it makes me feel good to know that I'm on the opposite side of every argument you make. This is lunacy. Shame on you nuts kicked.

Just realized that both posters entertaining this nonsense has screen names related to getting hit in the testicles,  come on guys sheesh.
I don't think Snyder is complacent nor Mack invigorated. But you really got me, bro! Better go get another set of curls in to get your mind right.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 12, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
The ridiculous expectations fans and supporters have at Bama thanks to Saban could be another reason that he would bail for Texas.  Saban has plateaued at Bama, and expectations at Texas would be easy to meet and exceed.

Why do people keep saying he has nothing left to accomplish at Alabama? He is chasing the Bear, I'm really confused as why the same people who attack his ego then minimize what it would mean to win more championships at Alabama than the guy considered the greatest coach ever.

Chasing is different than catching.  Saban will never be held in the same aura as a Alabama football alum who coached for a quarter century and is a legend.  Winning more natty's at Bama won't change that.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Blair Kerkoff (sp?) just called Texas the hands down best job on College football on Petro's show.

But, said he doesn't think Saban would see it as a "challenge" and would pass.

Said he's hearing that UT wants a black coach, because of Sumlin.  Thinks Strong or dude from Stanford.

David Shaw would be an incredible hire for anyone.  I love that guy.

But this is a guy who played at Stanford under Bill Walsh.  I'm not sure how much more "Stanford" you can be.

Charlie Strong is really good.  Should be in anybody's search.  If Texas doesn't take him, I almost guarantee that Florida hires him after they can Muschamp.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2013, 12:11:03 PM »
The ridiculous expectations fans and supporters have at Bama thanks to Saban could be another reason that he would bail for Texas.  Saban has plateaued at Bama, and expectations at Texas would be easy to meet and exceed.

Why do people keep saying he has nothing left to accomplish at Alabama? He is chasing the Bear, I'm really confused as why the same people who attack his ego then minimize what it would mean to win more championships at Alabama than the guy considered the greatest coach ever.

That's legit, but its also legit to think he may want to build and win national championships at another place, especially given he has no history of staying at one place very long.

And it was not meant as an attack on a coach's ego to say they want to feed their ego. Great coaches all have egos, what they use to feed them or stay motivated and challenged differs greatly, that's all I am saying.

He gets grief for job hopping but it needs to be said he has never made a lateral move. Not sure why he should be thoughtof as less for being so good at his job that people want to give him better jobs.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 12, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

Chasing is different than catching.  Saban will never be held in the same aura as a Alabama football alum who coached for a quarter century and is a legend.  Winning more natty's at Bama won't change that.

Bear Bryant has been dead for 30 years and Nick already has a statue outside of the stadium.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2013, 12:20:57 PM »

Bear Bryant has been dead for 30 years and Nick already has a statue outside of the stadium.

Another 15 years and 160 wins at Bama and Saban will be close to the Bear.  Saban right now is just the guy that won three natty's in four years.  That's his legacy.   

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »

That's legit, but its also legit to think he may want to build and win national championships at another place, especially given he has no history of staying at one place very long.

And it was not meant as an attack on a coach's ego to say they want to feed their ego. Great coaches all have egos, what they use to feed them or stay motivated and challenged differs greatly, that's all I am saying.

He gets grief for job hopping but it needs to be said he has never made a lateral move. Not sure why he should be thoughtof as less for being so good at his job that people want to give him better jobs.
he bailed pretty hard on Miami - I guess that is still not a lateral move tho

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
MAck ain't coming but he may resurface just to feed UT a crap sammie.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
stanford guy is a great coach.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 12, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
He'll be a yes man for his buddy Powers or a talking head on ESPN.

titletown..lulz

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »

Reality show on LHN

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 12, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »

Reality show on LHN

THATS OUR MACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
stanford guy is a great coach.

Would be a home run

Also didn't they say Mack will be getting half a mil a year from UT for the next 10? If so he isn't going anywhere other than the LHN. What I need is for them to hire Snyder after he retires too and they can give Mack and Bill their own show.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »

Also didn't they say Mack will be getting half a mil a year from UT for the next 10? If so he isn't going anywhere other than the LHN. What I need is for them to hire Snyder after he retires too and they can give Mack and Bill their own show.

My God that would be adorable.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2013, 01:06:05 PM »

A sports version of grumpy old men. Kentucky has a radio version of this with Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

THATS OUR MACK AND BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »
Longhorn Football ?@UTexasFootball 12m

SOURCES: Nick Saban has an 8 year, $85 million offer from Texas. The deal will be finalized after Mack Brown's resignation Friday afternoon.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »

THATS OUR MACK AND BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Reboot of Bosom Buddies

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »

SOURCES: Nick Saban has an 8 year, $85 million offer from Texas. The deal will be finalized after Mack Brown's resignation Friday afternoon.
NICK COULD BUY HIS OWN PRESSBOX!
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »

Ask them what they are going to pay David Shaw

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #296 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
Harbaugh is apparently part of this circus now.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:22 PM »
 which one?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »