Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 88626 times)

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
I don't know why Texas fans are so mean to Mack.  What he's done for Texas is pretty much unequaled success in their history.

How many straight years did he win ten games?

Is he not the last non-SEC coach to win a National Title?

Did he not thump Oklahoma in the RRR this year?

It's pretty disgusting how they treat him.  He's a good dude who elevated that program to what it is today.  A lot of Texas fans are being ungrateful.
5 million a year for 1.5 million a yr results is why.

No reason to feel sorry for him...he'll be paid off well after this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Chump change for Texas.

He deserves it for making Texas a top 5 job.
Yea..let's forget about 2010, 2011,2012 and basically 2013.

titletown..lulz

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »
not news, but think a lot of the hate stems from not recruiting harder after 2009. guy on the texas staff in 2010 said greg davis stopped going on the road to recruit and wouldn't even watch tape assistants brought him. having a starting qb worse than carson coffman would seem to be a by-product of that.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »
One thing I think has been overlooked is the fact that Saban doesn't exactly have a rosy relationship with the media. The LHN demands more interaction with media than he would face at any other job. Pastries for thought.
maybe this is being overlooked but he's nick rough ridin' saban.. he will set out what he will/won't do and texas will roll out the red carpet if he is a realistic option.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »
Some of you guys cut Mack Brown much more slack than LHC Bill Snyder. Just sayin' #1cat

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »
Some of you guys cut Mack Brown much more slack than LHC Bill Snyder. Just sayin' #1cat

I would trade Bill for Mack right now.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

idiot

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
One thing I think has been overlooked is the fact that Saban doesn't exactly have a rosy relationship with the media. The LHN demands more interaction with media than he would face at any other job. Pastries for thought.
maybe this is being overlooked but he's nick rough ridin' saban.. he will set out what he will/won't do and texas will roll out the red carpet if he is a realistic option.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2013, 10:39:28 AM »
Some of you guys cut Mack Brown much more slack than LHC LHC Bill Snyder. Just sayin' #1cat

what in the world well I never

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »
I would trade a complacent Snyder for an invigorated Mack.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
trade werther's and diagonally written letters and 1993 cotton bowl windbreakers and cortez's and taco bell and that weird lips thing and and all that stuff for butter and hunched over clap clap clap? maybe. maybe.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
I don't like Mack at his age at K-State over Bill. :dunno:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
I don't like Mack at his age at K-State over Bill. :dunno:
OT, but are you familiar with that KSU_Fence guy.  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Yeah, me too. Part of me is like "not sure he could win at State if he tailed off getting all the talent UT does (even though he won a lot before)" but OTOH, look what he did at UNC. I don't know what happened with him at UT, but he has shown he can win at a top program and at a sub par program. Not sure he could now or not though.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
Yeah, me too. Part of me is like "not sure he could win at State if he tailed off getting all the talent UT does (even though he won a lot before)" but OTOH, look what he did at UNC. I don't know what happened with him at UT, but he has shown he can win at a top program and at a sub par program. Not sure he could now or not though.
Mack would be a great hire for JC.  Failed coach that won alot of games years ago; now if he can get Brown to work for 3 mil less.  :fatty:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
Mack had trouble recruiting Texas kids to play at Texas, but he'd have more success at K-State. :facepalm:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2013, 11:37:21 AM »
i mean out of 126 FBS schools, Texas and Alabama both are top 5 programs and coaching jobs, are they not?

Yeah

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
I don't know why Texas fans are so mean to Mack.  What he's done for Texas is pretty much unequaled success in their history.

How many straight years did he win ten games?

Is he not the last non-SEC coach to win a National Title?

Did he not thump Oklahoma in the RRR this year?

It's pretty disgusting how they treat him.  He's a good dude who elevated that program to what it is today.  A lot of Texas fans are being ungrateful.
5 million a year for 1.5 million a yr results is why.

No reason to feel sorry for him...he'll be paid off well after this.

Chump change for Texas.

He deserves it for making Texas a top 5 job.
Yea..let's forget about 2010, 2011,2012 and basically 2013.

Mack has done one thing wrong, and that's QB recruitment.  Granted, that's an issue, but it's something that can be fixed with the right signing.

Otherwise, Texas has been fine.  They've won at least eight games each of their last three years, won a Holiday and Alamo bowl, and had Texas gotten the defense right earlier in the year, probably would be 9-3 or 10-2 right now.

Texas fans need to realize (but probably won't since the majority of them are casual t-shirt fans) that the only coach that even compares to Mack in their history is Darrell Royal, and Mack has a better winning percentage.

Texas is a good job because of the resources.  Not because it's like some sort of hallowed ground.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
The ridiculous expectations fans and supporters have at Bama thanks to Saban could be another reason that he would bail for Texas.  Saban has plateaued at Bama, and expectations at Texas would be easy to meet and exceed.

Why do people keep saying he has nothing left to accomplish at Alabama? He is chasing the Bear, I'm really confused as why the same people who attack his ego then minimize what it would mean to win more championships at Alabama than the guy considered the greatest coach ever.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »
The ridiculous expectations fans and supporters have at Bama thanks to Saban could be another reason that he would bail for Texas.  Saban has plateaued at Bama, and expectations at Texas would be easy to meet and exceed.

Why do people keep saying he has nothing left to accomplish at Alabama? He is chasing the Bear, I'm really confused as why the same people who attack his ego then minimize what it would mean to win more championships at Alabama than the guy considered the greatest coach ever.
JoePa?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 12, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »

WOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!

Like old ass Mack Brown would want to put in the work that's required at a program like K-State. :lol: what he did at UNC is less than what Snyder 2.0 is doing here now. I don't want to be mean but it makes me feel good to know that I'm on the opposite side of every argument you make. This is lunacy. Shame on you nuts kicked.

Just realized that both posters entertaining this nonsense has screen names related to getting hit in the testicles,  come on guys sheesh.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2013, 11:51:11 AM »

JoePa?

I have never seen or read anyone not affiliated with Penn State refer to JoePa as the greatest coach ever.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:10 AM »
Agreed that QB is a big problem for Mack.  And maybe things would've been different if he had a good replacement for Colt McCoy.  But, past 4 years have been fairly mediocre by UT Standards.  18-17 in conference games and hadn't done well against OU. 

I think that a Top 5 coach would have more than 1 Title at UT over 16 seasons.  IMHO.  And I can't say this is an unrealistic expectation at a place like UT.     

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

That's legit, but its also legit to think he may want to build and win national championships at another place, especially given he has no history of staying at one place very long.

And it was not meant as an attack on a coach's ego to say they want to feed their ego. Great coaches all have egos, what they use to feed them or stay motivated and challenged differs greatly, that's all I am saying.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

Mack has done one thing wrong, and that's QB recruitment.  Granted, that's an issue, but it's something that can be fixed with the right signing.

Otherwise, Texas has been fine.  They've won at least eight games each of their last three years, won a Holiday and Alamo bowl, and had Texas gotten the defense right earlier in the year, probably would be 9-3 or 10-2 right now.

Texas fans need to realize (but probably won't since the majority of them are casual t-shirt fans) that the only coach that even compares to Mack in their history is Darrell Royal, and Mack has a better winning percentage.

Texas is a good job because of the resources.  Not because it's like some sort of hallowed ground.
yeah, the measurables all say Texas is the best job in cfb (money, recruiting base, facilities) but schools like OU and Alabama have out performed them and I believe it is due to the fact winning at the highest level means more in Tuscaloosa and Norman than it does in Austin.  When UT alums talk about winning within the rules it is more than just lip service - OU and Bama fans are much more "just win, baby"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »
Blair Kerkoff (sp?) just called Texas the hands down best job on College football on Petro's show.

But, said he doesn't think Saban would see it as a "challenge" and would pass.

Said he's hearing that UT wants a black coach, because of Sumlin.  Thinks Strong or dude from Stanford.