Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 88619 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
3. I don't think that's accurate: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1840036-usa-today-reveals-college-football-head-coaches-salaries-for-every-fbs-school

That shows total pay. Maybe Stoops' salary has to be more, but Mack ends up making more from the Longhorn Network or something else? :dunno:

link up, buster

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-salary-bump-not-part-of-bob-stoops-contract-extension/article/3866331

I just read through his contract and didn't see anything. Although the more I think about it, the more I think Stoops should take the Bama job if he can. What is he going to do in the Big 12 if Saban's here?

do you think Bama would offer Stoops?

What? Of course they would.

Bob Stoops is probably 15th on Alabama's list.

You think so? Bob Stoops is a really good coach.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
titletown..lulz

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »
man.. what if.. WHAT IF! texas would've beat baylor and they were playing alabama..

:love:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
oklahoma playing alabama is just as interesting. hire the coach whose crap you just pushed really really far in? weird

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
oklahoma playing alabama is just as interesting. hire the coach whose crap you just pushed really really far in? weird
yeah.. not as fun

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

What if Stoops wins, though?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2013, 02:20:26 PM »
that would be pretty LOL. again, making this bowl matchup great

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2013, 02:21:13 PM »
I don't know why this has to be rehashed over and over again but no one outside of the Big 12 views Texas as a better job than Alabama. Those who think so are relegated to the argument that Austin is cooler than Tuscaloosa. There is nothing that is measurable that shows that UT is a better program. Alabama has more titles, more wins, more coaches with national titles, has been nationally relevant longer, etc. Texas has done a great job of making itself a big boy and the fact that this conversation is being had is a testament to how incredible Deloss Dodds was as an AD. Less than 20 years ago UT was such a regional brand that they had to join the Big 8. Obviously they as a university and an athletic department are in a much better place now, but if you are anywhere outside of TX, OK, and KS and mention UT as a better program than Alabama then you will get laughed out of the room.
The only reason people will laugh at UT being better is because this recent run of Alabama. That's it. Saban made that. When Saban leaves, whenever that happens, Alabama will still be a storied program. But there are far more things going for UT than Alabama if you can see beyond the trees. The real truth is that Alabama cannot provide everything that UT can, but UT can provide things that Bama can't.

Like what?

Your first sentence is hilariously ridiculous,  I'm guessing you're a millennial.UT historically before Mack Brown wasn't even considered a top 10 program. Man you need to go read Wikipedia or something.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »

2. If Bill retired after the BWW, would you take Mack Brown for our HC?

2. YES ABSOLUTELY (CRAZY FACT: MACK IS ONLY LIKE 2 MONTHS OLDER THAN SABAN)

I think Currie should just go get Mack the day after he resigns and make him co-head coach with Bill at equal pay and benefits to what Bill is getting. Mack would have us in the national championship within 3 years.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
I don't know why this has to be rehashed over and over again but no one outside of the Big 12 views Texas as a better job than Alabama. Those who think so are relegated to the argument that Austin is cooler than Tuscaloosa. There is nothing that is measurable that shows that UT is a better program. Alabama has more titles, more wins, more coaches with national titles, has been nationally relevant longer, etc. Texas has done a great job of making itself a big boy and the fact that this conversation is being had is a testament to how incredible Deloss Dodds was as an AD. Less than 20 years ago UT was such a regional brand that they had to join the Big 8. Obviously they as a university and an athletic department are in a much better place now, but if you are anywhere outside of TX, OK, and KS and mention UT as a better program than Alabama then you will get laughed out of the room.
The only reason people will laugh at UT being better is because this recent run of Alabama. That's it. Saban made that. When Saban leaves, whenever that happens, Alabama will still be a storied program. But there are far more things going for UT than Alabama if you can see beyond the trees. The real truth is that Alabama cannot provide everything that UT can, but UT can provide things that Bama can't.

Like what?

Your first sentence is hilariously ridiculous,  I'm guessing you're a millennial.UT historically before Mack Brown wasn't even considered a top 10 program. Man you need to go read Wikipedia or something.

Wikipedia says UT has more wins than Bama.  :dunno:

And the state of Texas has much higher amount of blue chip players, most of which UT has their pick from. UT has more money. UT has a better location. Alabama is top notch, but with equal coaching, it would be easier to win at UT.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
was that the first ever gE on gE instance of millenial smack?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
was that the first ever gE on gE instance of millenial smack?

That made me smile pretty big.  Maybe Dax is right about this place getting tucky  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »
omg  :lol:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »
Gross
@Trogdor_gE

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

:lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

Like what?

And the state of Texas has much higher amount of blue chip players, most of which UT has their pick from. UT has more money. UT has a better location. Alabama is top notch, but with equal coaching, it would be easier to win at UT.
You have to be absolutely daft to think that an AD with a third more in revenue doesn't have massive advantages.  That isn't even getting into the Longhorn Network, which seems too big to fail at this point and the collective recruiting grounds each university occupies (caveat, while national brand means something for recruiting the cream of each year's crop, no one can reasonably say that there aren't 3 states at the top of every recruiters talent list)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »
The cat on the helmet   :lol: :thumbs:
@lopakman

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
remember the first time thujone posted something and it was funny and then he kept posting and every single one was almost identical

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
oh get over yourself

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Like what?

What are you talking about?  First, UT could buy the entire University of Alabama with the interest from their endowment.  Second prior to Mack Brown, UT was still one of seven schools with 700 wins and was sixth in all-time win percentage.  Third Texas is 7-1-1 against Alabama with all seven of those wins prior to the arrival of Mack Brown.  I can listen to an argument that Alabama is a better program than Texas but Texas has every right to be in that conversation.  More wins, more heismans, less NC's.
@lopakman

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:14 PM »

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »

Do you guys not realize that Florida is essentially in-state for Alabama? You are comparing the recruiting base of the state of Texas to the state of Alabama and that isn't the reality of how they recruit. Did you know that Alabama landed the #1 recruit from Texas? They also got the #1 from Alabama of course and top 5 recruits from Florida and Louisiana.

What are you talking about?  First, UT could buy the entire University of Alabama with the interest from their endowment.  Second prior to Mack Brown, UT was still one of seven schools with 700 wins and was sixth in all-time win percentage.  Third Texas is 7-1-1 against Alabama with all seven of those wins prior to the arrival of Mack Brown.  I can listen to an argument that Alabama is a better program than Texas but Texas has every right to be in that conversation.  More wins, more heismans, less NC's.

Did you really just start a sports conversation talking about endowments, on this board? Are you a phog plant? Endowments, are you kidding me? Talking about money is stupid anyway, it isn't like Alabama isn't spending all of the money they need in football. People keep talking about money like he's at Ole Miss or something. Alabama prints their own money too. Did you not get my Bill Gates/Carlos Slim reference earlier?

Also when did a I say that UT shouldn't be in the conversation as a better program? Pretty sure I said that it is a testament to what Deloss Dodds has done at UT that we can have this conversation.  Pre Dodds and Mack people were comparing UT to aTm and Pig Aggie, before Saban most people still viewed Alabama as the best program in America. Saban wasn't leaving Miami for Arkansas.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2013, 06:43:55 PM »

Do you guys not realize that Florida is essentially in-state for Alabama? You are comparing the recruiting base of the state of Texas to the state of Alabama and that isn't the reality of how they recruit. Did you know that Alabama landed the #1 recruit from Texas? They also got the #1 from Alabama of course and top 5 recruits from Florida and Louisiana.

Did you really just start a sports conversation talking about endowments, on this board? Are you a phog plant? Endowments, are you kidding me? Talking about money is stupid anyway, it isn't like Alabama isn't spending all of the money they need in football. People keep talking about money like he's at Ole Miss or something. Alabama prints their own money too. Did you not get my Bill Gates/Carlos Slim reference earlier?

Also when did a I say that UT shouldn't be in the conversation as a better program? Pretty sure I said that it is a testament to what Deloss Dodds has done at UT that we can have this conversation.  Pre Dodds and Mack people were comparing UT to aTm and Pig Aggie, before Saban most people still viewed Alabama as the best program in America. Saban wasn't leaving Miami for Arkansas.
This post is full of stupid.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
 :surprised:

:popcorn: