Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 89473 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »
Is that an excuse from an Alabama source to explain why he leaves the 2 time national champ for the better conference of Big 12?  bad investments?  LOL

Although VERY second/third hand info, I have a good friend down here who's sales territory happens to be Alabama.  A couple of months ago when the earliest rumors of Saban to Texas started to surface (think post-BYU/Ole Miss blowouts), she heard rumblings of "Saban being unhappy with some bad investments that 'Bama boosters had gotten him involved in".

At the time, I just sort of took it with a grain of salt.  However, there may be a bit more validity to all that mess that has been made public to this point.

bears are fast...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2013, 09:28:03 AM »
lol at someone taking investment advice from someone from Alabama  :lol:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »
sounds like someone is pulling from he petrino story. where was bobby at when he lost his ass in a real estate deal?

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »
lol at someone taking investment advice from someone from Alabama  :lol:

Seriously.

Thank the lord for the EMAW Finance gods at Bain and Koch.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »
sounds like someone is pulling from he petrino story. where was bobby at when he lost his ass in a real estate deal?
never mind. it was the interim at arkansas. http://deadspin.com/5941154/arkansas-interim-head-football-coach-john-l-smith-files-for-bankruptcy

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
I think all of this Saban to UT talk is just a smokescreen coordinated by IRL best friends Mack and Bill to throw the media off of what is going to be announced after our bowl game.

I agree. I look forward to our future matchups against Dana's longhorns.

...or could it involve our very own wild, wildcats????  :horrorsurprise:
@mikec2w

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
I think Saban would be stupid to leave Bama.

Reasons being?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He has a dynasty down there, is in the SEC, and I think the Bama job is better than the UT job. It's a lateral move at the very best imo.

:dunno:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »

Reasons being?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He has a dynasty down there, is in the SEC, and I think the Bama job is better than the UT job. It's a lateral move at the very best imo.

UT is a much better job. Plus they would appreciate him more in Austin, and there's more money.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 09:55:43 AM »

Reasons being?

UT is a better job even if half of Austin burned and was replaced with the prison from Walking dead.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »
Nick Saban has been a football coach since 1975. He has coached 13 different locations and his average stay at any place is 2.9 years over that span. He's been at Bama for 6 years, by far his longest stay anywhere in his career. He may not go to Texas, but he won't be at Bama much longer. JMHO.

How many of those 13 locations is the winningest program in the sport? Texas has a bit more money than Alabama and that's it. I'm guessing Bill Gates isn't losing any sleep over Carlos Slim.

Also does anyone not care that Texas' biggest donor and the guy who has his name on the stadium is Mack Brown's agent?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
job security at bama<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<job security at texas

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2013, 11:08:47 AM »
job security at bama<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<job security at texas

Nick Saban has never been fired from a job, I seriously doubt he is thinking about his job security. I have read that he tells people he wants to win more NCs at Alabama than Bear Bryant. The only way that doesn't happen is if he dies prematurely or he leaves.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
Nick job hops.  that's what he does.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15:36 AM »
Don't be stupid fellas, UT is a better job than 'Bama.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

The UT Mack leaves is not better than the 'Bama Saban built.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »

If both coaching jobs were open right now, you're telling me 'Bama is better? Bama is better because Saban made it better. Take Saban out of the equation and UT is better in a land slide.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »

If both coaching jobs were open right now, you're telling me 'Bama is better? Bama is better because Saban made it better. Take Saban out of the equation and UT is better in a land slide.

If both jobs are open, 'Bama is absolutely better for a lot of coaches. It's all about where you have recruiting relationships.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »

This. The Texas Saban takes over is in a better spot than the Bama saban took over. 

If Saban wants to go down as the greatest college coach of all time then the only way he can do that is go to Texas and win another title. If he stays at Bama he will always be the "Second coming of bear"...If he goes to Texas and wins a natty he will undoubtedly be the GOAT...rebuilding and winning a natty at not one, not two, but 3 blue blood schools? That will be Sabans legacy.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »
Keep in mind that Bama was able to hire Saban after Mike Price/Franchione/Mike Shula crap years. That says a lot about the quality of the job.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »

If both jobs are open, 'Bama is absolutely better for a lot of coaches. It's all about where you have recruiting relationships.
Well sure, there's going to be some people that don't want to recruit new stomping grounds, etc. But take a guy that doesn't have built in advantages at either place and he'll say UT is better. The most fertile recruiting grounds in the state where you are head and shoulders the most prestigious football school. The most money of any school in the country. Reside in the one of the coolest college cities in the country. One of the biggest stadiums in the country. One of the winningest college teams in the country. On and on and on.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »
Keep in mind that Bama was able to hire Saban after Mike Price/Franchione/Mike Shula crap years. That says a lot about the quality of the job.
you don't think UT would be able to pull off something similar?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Well sure, there's going to be some people that don't want to recruit new stomping grounds, etc. But take a guy that doesn't have built in advantages at either place and he'll say UT is better. The most fertile recruiting grounds in the state where you are head and shoulders the most prestigious football school. The most money of any school in the country. Reside in the one of the coolest college cities in the country. One of the biggest stadiums in the country. One of the winningest college teams in the country. On and on and on.

We went through this a while back, but MiR had some decent points about black kids being more comfortable at Tuscaloosa than Austin, so the "coolness" doesn't really matter. white midwesterners just know Austin is a "city" so assume it's more attractive, when that isn't necessarily the case. And Bama is in a great freaking recruiting ground.

All of these lists are personal lists, good for you for actually admitting it. For elite college football players living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama or anywhere in SEC country has draws that Austin doesn't. I'm now assuming that these lists are lists of where a white midwesterner would want to coach as opposed to what the best programs are.
What would Tuscaloosa have that Austin doesn't? 

I think I see your point with the typical college town outside of the southeastern US but not a big city like Austin.

Black people

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »
you don't think UT would be able to pull off something similar?

If they don't get Saban? Probably not. (Also consider that Mack left UT in MUCH better shape than Shula left Bama)