Author Topic: Will Cali actually legalize pot???  (Read 16863 times)

Sugar Dick

Re: Will Cali actually legalize pot???
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 09:16:11 PM »
Who the f*ck is going to buy government taxed and regulated (god only knows what they'll do when "regulating" it) pot when you can just buy it on the street cheaper?  

And yes, I've heard the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point about how it will flood demand and drive prices down pushing dealers out of the market (only Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) libs who don't understand basic economics believe this).  It won't, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), drug smugglers/dealers (billion dollar industry) aren't going to stop selling pot just because it's legalized, they will continue to sell it at a price below govt. and if they don't have any regard for the government now, they sure ashell aren't going to all of the sudden care because it's legal.

Other than that, it's a superb idea (besides the whole health, safety and welfare of the state thing, ya know having a bunch of stoned people driving around running over little kids like degenerate alcoholics).

Why doesn't that happen for alcohol/tobacco?

This is the exact kind of ridiculous argument that makes liberals so infuriatingly stupid.  Don't recall an enormous underground network of alcohol dealers fighting an illegal war back in 8th C or whenever alcohol was invented and ingrained into Western culture.  Try again.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »
Who the f*ck is going to buy government taxed and regulated (god only knows what they'll do when "regulating" it) pot when you can just buy it on the street cheaper?  

And yes, I've heard the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point about how it will flood demand and drive prices down pushing dealers out of the market (only Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) libs who don't understand basic economics believe this).  It won't, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), drug smugglers/dealers (billion dollar industry) aren't going to stop selling pot just because it's legalized, they will continue to sell it at a price below govt. and if they don't have any regard for the government now, they sure ashell aren't going to all of the sudden care because it's legal.

Other than that, it's a superb idea (besides the whole health, safety and welfare of the state thing, ya know having a bunch of stoned people driving around running over little kids like degenerate alcoholics).

This is the exact kind of ridiculous argument that makes liberals so infuriatingly stupid.  Don't recall an enormous underground network of alcohol dealers fighting an illegal war back in 8th C or whenever alcohol was invented and ingrained into Western culture.  Try again.

Wow... ever heard of prohibition in the 1920's?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

Alcohol is far more destructive to your health than marijuana, yet it's legal.  I don't see many privatized bootleggers out there selling moonshine on the streets, either.  You are some kind of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), to put it mildly.  

Before making unfounded statements like that, lets wait until pot is legal and do a study and see which one is worse for you over an 80 year period.  mmkay

You calling me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is like Jordan Webb telling Peyton Manning he sucks at football.  Question, when alcohol was made illegal back in the day (prohibition), where those people who effectuated that radical change liberals?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »

Those damned liberals in the 20's.  First they take alcohol away then they give it back.  Radical!

Hey Rastaman, again with the false analogies. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »

Alcohol is far more destructive to your health than marijuana, yet it's legal.  I don't see many privatized bootleggers out there selling moonshine on the streets, either.  You are some kind of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), to put it mildly.  

Before making unfounded statements like that, lets wait until pot is legal and do a study and see which one is worse for you over an 80 year period.  mmkay

You calling me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) is like Jordan Webb telling Peyton Manning he sucks at football.  Question, when alcohol was made illegal back in the day (prohibition), where those people who effectuated that radical change liberals?

Okay... it's official:  this guy is a parody poster.  No one can be this ignorant.  I refuse to believe it.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »
Patriot Act is for limiting civil rights, duh

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
Price would go down because people would start producing like crazy, and there would be no need to go thru sketch ball dealers when you can just sell to the local dope shop

Just because the govt may make it legal to possess mary jane, that doesn't mean they will make it legal to grow it. Best thing they could do is to have govt only farms.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »

Those damned liberals in the 20's.  First they take alcohol away then they give it back.  Radical!

Hey Rastaman, again with the false analogies. 

Liberalism is based on the principle of individual liberty.  What's your excuse for the PATRIOT Act, by the way?  Also, by advocating for marijuana to be illegal, aren't you preventing a potential individual freedom?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »

It restricts the limits of individual freedom. 

Sugar Dick

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 09:33:24 PM »

Okay... it's official:  this guy is a parody poster.  No one can be this ignorant.  I refuse to believe it.

Surprised you tapped out so soon

Your inability to correlate things is astounding.  In a vacuum legalizing pot is a fantastic idea.  When you couple it with the fact that we have free health care (pre and post Obamacare), welfare problems, etc. it's really not a good idea, fiscally speaking (long term, I know that's hard for liberals).

Sugar Dick

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »

He's already deleting posts

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »

Your inability to correlate things is astounding.  In a vacuum legalizing pot is a fantastic idea.  When you couple it with the fact that we have free health care (pre and post Obamacare), welfare problems, etc. it's really not a good idea, fiscally speaking (long term, I know that's hard for liberals).

What don't you understand about the fact that legalizing marijuana would create tax revenue for the government?  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »

He's already deleting posts

Whoa... do you think pike's quote actually helps your argument?  This guy is an absolute treasure. 

Sugar Dick

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »

What don't you understand about the fact that legalizing marijuana would create tax revenue for the government?  

I'm skeptical whether whatever tax revenue generated would be enough to offset the increased cost from increased social problems from legalizing a drug that for some reason is illegal in every single other country on the planet.  I'm pretty sure every other country doesn't have issues with "big pharma" and they still find a reason for it to be illegal.  (decriminalized does not mean legal)

Do you ever stop and think, or are you literally a liberal parrot squawking whatever some dipsh!t tells you is liberal?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Why are neo cons so against pot? I mean I hate liberals and such too but I don't listen to what O'reilly and Beck tell me every day

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
I vote republican cause I'm a rich white guy and they have my best interests at heart.

Unless you make more than $250,000 a year, your best economic interests would actually reside with the Democrats. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »
Why are neo cons so against pot? I mean I hate liberals and such too but I don't listen to what O'reilly and Beck tell me every day

Obviously they're just trying to promote individual freedom, as well as decrease the national budget deficit.  

:flush:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
I'm sure the process of smuggling pot into the US (and losing large amounts in the process) couldn't possibly increase the price of it.  I mean, if you're legally shipping it in from, say, Washington state, it has to cost just as much as sneaking it across the border from Mexico.  Right?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »

Not a nee con, but I'm not against pot, I just think the arguments for it are fairly undeveloped and a little stupid.  I also don't like how liberals have stolen it as "their thing" like they did with "recycling" so I usually do a little  :bait: when it comes up.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
I vote republican cause I'm a rich white guy and they have my best interests at heart.

Unless you make more than $250,000 a year, your best economic interests would actually reside with the Democrats. 

Ever heard of the Clinton tax cuts?  

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »

You betcha, Jeffy. You'd be guaranteed to never make $250,000.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »
dont know much about the legality of the issue.. this would just mean the possession of a certain amount of weed would now be legal right?  Or are they just saying eff it and saying you can grow it smoke it shove it up your ass etc?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Sugar Dick

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

Ever heard of the Clinton tax cuts?  

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
dont know much about the legality of the issue.. this would just mean the possession of a certain amount of weed would now be legal right?  Or are they just saying eff it and saying you can grow it smoke it shove it up your ass etc?

They don't know either

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »
I'm skeptical whether whatever tax revenue generated would be enough to offset the increased cost from increased social problems from legalizing a drug that for some reason is illegal in every single other country on the planet.  I'm pretty sure every other country doesn't have issues with "big pharma" and they still find a reason for it to be illegal.  (decriminalized does not mean legal)

Do you ever stop and think, or are you literally a liberal parrot squawking whatever some diphullabaloo tells you is liberal?

The financial benefits of legalizing marijuana would be enormous. You cannot simply count tax revenue. You also have to count how much money we would save by not having to incarcerate non-violent potheads. This alone would save nearly $8 billion annually.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/22148/