Author Topic: Will Cali actually legalize pot???  (Read 16874 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Will Cali actually legalize pot???
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »
My God I hope so. Idk about you, but 60 dollars for and 8th is a lot of rough ridin' money. And you know the hippies are gonna actually vote this time too, so the chances are good.

Do the right thing Cali, piss off Bill Oreilly and Big Pharma.

Do it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Will Cali actually legalize pot???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »
Hopefully KS will get its head out of its ass someday and do the same. That way TBL can focus on arresting  real criminals.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »
Hopefully KS will get its head out of its ass someday and do the same. That way TBL can focus on arresting  real criminals.

I agree. Too much time/money spent on the little things.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
I think this has been litigated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 09:04:27 AM »

If the feds treat it like illegal immigration, should be nothing to worry about.

The problems start when a state tries to enforce federal law. Right?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »

If the feds treat it like illegal immigration, should be nothing to worry about.

The problems start when a state tries to enforce federal law. Right?

Stop, you're going to confuse the libtards  :nono:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:32 AM »
George Soros has invested $3 million to the cause of getting it legalized.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/10/multibillionaire-investor-george-soros-backs-proposition-19.html

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »

Is your :facepalm: directed at pike or the fact that it will still be illegal?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:22 PM »

Is your :facepalm: directed at pike or the fact that it will still be illegal?

At the time, it was that with all of the other problems, seems like it could wait a few years. It it's illegal, so be it. If it's not, so be it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
Legalizing marijuana would significantly decrease the budget deficit, which is what I thought all the right wing nutjobs were worried about these days. 

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:33 PM »
Legalizing marijuana would significantly decrease the budget deficit, which is what I thought all the right wing nutjobs were worried about these days. 

That's a load of crap, beems. It would end up being just like cigarettes. Pot is worse for you, smoke wise, than tobacco is anyway.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:03 PM »

That's a load of crap, beems. It would end up being just like cigarettes. Pot is worse for you, smoke wise, than tobacco is anyway.

Spoken like someone who has never smoked pot.  Smoking out of a vaporizer is a lot healthier for you than smoking out of an unfiltered joint/cigarette.  Cigarettes have many more chemicals/additives and are much more addictive than marijuana.  Legalizing marijuana would allow the product to be taxed, which would create additional revenue for the states and federal government. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
True, the gov't does make a pretty penny off of cigarettes.  And if you're worried about smoke there are vaporizers and THC pills.  Plus, I don't really know any potheads who give a eff about the smoke.  That's kinda like saying you shouldn't drink alcohol because it does liver damage.  I'm well aware of that but I just don't care.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:50:44 PM »
True, the gov't does make a pretty penny off of cigarettes.  And if you're worried about smoke there are vaporizers and THC pills.  Plus, I don't really know any potheads who give a eff about the smoke.  That's kinda like saying you shouldn't drink alcohol because it does liver damage.  I'm well aware of that but I just don't care.

Yep. Gotta die sometime, AMIRITE? Better than old and senile.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »
Cigs are way less healthy than pot, no question. Not to mention the medicanal benefits. For instance, is it healthier for me to smoke a J for my anxiety or take a HIGHLY addictive and dangerous benzodiazepine (ativan). Ill take the former, if big pharma let's me

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Cigs are way less healthy than pot, no question. Not to mention the medicanal benefits. For instance, is it healthier for me to smoke a J for my anxiety or take a HIGHLY addictive and dangerous benzodiazepine (ativan). Ill take the former, if big pharma let's me

Yet you vote Republican? 

:confused:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Who the f*ck is going to buy government taxed and regulated (god only knows what they'll do when "regulating" it) pot when you can just buy it on the street cheaper?  

And yes, I've heard the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point about how it will flood demand and drive prices down pushing dealers out of the market (only Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) libs who don't understand basic economics believe this).  It won't, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), drug smugglers/dealers (billion dollar industry) aren't going to stop selling pot just because it's legalized, they will continue to sell it at a price below govt. and if they don't have any regard for the government now, they sure ashell aren't going to all of the sudden care because it's legal.

Other than that, it's a superb idea (besides the whole health, safety and welfare of the state thing, ya know having a bunch of stoned people driving around running over little kids like degenerate alcoholics).

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
I vote republican cause I'm a rich white guy and they have my best interests at heart.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
Who the f*ck is going to buy government taxed and regulated (god only knows what they'll do when "regulating" it) pot when you can just buy it on the street cheaper?  

And yes, I've heard the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point about how it will flood demand and drive prices down pushing dealers out of the market (only Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) libs who don't understand basic economics believe this).  It won't, that's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), drug smugglers/dealers (billion dollar industry) aren't going to stop selling pot just because it's legalized, they will continue to sell it at a price below govt. and if they don't have any regard for the government now, they sure ashell aren't going to all of the sudden care because it's legal.

Other than that, it's a superb idea (besides the whole health, safety and welfare of the state thing, ya know having a bunch of stoned people driving around running over little kids like degenerate alcoholics).

Why doesn't that happen for alcohol/tobacco?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
Plus, I'm a bit of a war-monger.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »

Alcohol is far more destructive to your health than marijuana, yet it's legal.  I don't see many privatized bootleggers out there selling moonshine on the streets, either.  You are some kind of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), to put it mildly.  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
I vote republican cause I'm a rich white guy and they have my best interests at heart.

Unless you make more than $250,000 a year, your best economic interests would actually reside with the Democrats. 

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »

I wonder if the average pot smoker smokes twenty joints a day.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
Price would go down because people would start producing like crazy, and there would be no need to go thru sketch ball dealers when you can just sell to the local dope shop