Author Topic: O'Donnell (O'Donnell Bush Master Thread)  (Read 19558 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: O'Donnell
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 12:50:20 AM »
so much bad history in one thread  :horrorsurprise:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Just when you think the right wing can't get any more ignorant....

:facepalm:

Quote from: Juan Williams
"This is one of the things in my life that is just so shocking," Williams said. "I grew up basically on the left, I grew up here in New York City. And I always thought the right wing were the ones that were inflexible, intolerant.

Is intolerance of bigotry a bad thing?  :dunno:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2010, 10:52:41 PM »

"This is one of the things in my life that is just so shocking," Williams said. "I grew up basically on the left, I grew up here in New York City. And I always thought the right wing were the ones that were inflexible, intolerant.

Is human nature a bad thing?  :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2010, 11:41:29 PM »

Human nature is not a bad thing, but acting on everything human nature tells you to do is a bad thing.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »

According to your lord savior Jesus and pals it is,

Jesus

That which comes out of the man, that defiles the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: all these evil things come from within, and defile the man”

Prophet Jeremiah...
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

Apostle Paul
The carnal [natural] mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be”

Basically, human nature is really Satan's Nature or whatever. According to these guys, not me.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »

Human nature is not a bad thing, but acting on everything human nature tells you to do is a bad thing.

What did he say that was acting on human nature? He described a gut reaction.  You can't control a gut reaction.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=6877.0

C.  He should be allowed to do whatever he wants as long as he isn't breaking any laws. 

He's probably loving all the attention he's getting - it would probably be best for everyone to just ignore him.

This, folks, is libocrisy in action.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »

C.  He should be allowed to do whatever he wants as long as he isn't breaking any laws. 

He's probably loving all the attention he's getting - it would probably be best for everyone to just ignore him.

LOL.  Did the preacher work for NPR or Fox News?  Dumbass.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »

What did he say that was acting on human nature? He described a gut reaction.  You can't control a gut reaction.

Haha. Oh! I see. Let's go ahead and mislabel his reaction as one that is based on whatever the foooock a gut reaction is and definitely not human nature. For if it was human nature, I Dirty, a Christian would have to condemn his actions as sin. Luckily though it's that tricky little gut instinct of which God didn't mention anything so I can go ahead and support what he said all day. Phew.

I'd love for you to define what you think a gut reaction is vs. human nature. Then I'd love for you to tell me that you've known this difference your whole life and that you definitely haven't made it up just now.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »

Is npr not partially government funded?  Do that government not have an obligation to protect freedom of speech?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »

Is npr not partially government funded?  Do that government not have an obligation to protect freedom of speech?

Protection of freedom of speech does not protect employees from being fired for saying something stupid.  For example, you have every right to tell your shift manager at Cabela's to f*ck off, but the government does not have an obligation to protect you from being fired.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »

Protection of freedom of speech does not protect employees from being fired for saying something stupid.  For example, you have every right to tell your shift manager at Cabela's to f*ck off, but the government does not have an obligation to protect you from being fired.

Yeah.... go ahead, DS.... Tell your Cabela's manager off. 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
Video of Juan Williams walking onto an airplane?

http://www.youtube.com/v/3Envv3UgAOc?fs=1&hl=en_US

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
Video of Juan Williams walking onto an airplane?

http://www.youtube.com/v/3Envv3UgAOc?fs=1&hl=en_US

I wouldn't expect you to be smart enough to know that this scene is satirizing the generalized and irrational fear whites have of blacks and the poor.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

Yeah.... go ahead, DS.... Tell your Cabela's manager off. 

Oh, I'll go ahead and do that.  Let me apply for a job there again first.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »

Apples.  Oranges.

The closer equivalent would be getting fired for talking about my neighbor to my boss at another job.

And this isn't completely about freedom of speech.  It is also about freedom of the press.  Its his job on Fox to provide commentary.  He said nothing inflammatory, just an explanation of his personal feelings.

Compared to how npr handles white commentators and journalists, they are looking pretty  :opcat: right now, but that's hardly surprising.  Afterall, remember rule of thumb number 1 of politics:  if the left accuses it of the other side, its a guarantee that they are guilty of it themselves.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »

Apples.  Oranges.

The closer equivalent would be getting fired for talking about my neighbor to my boss at another job.

And this isn't completely about freedom of speech.  It is also about freedom of the press.  Its his job on Fox to provide commentary.  He said nothing inflammatory, just an explanation of his personal feelings.

Compared to how npr handles white commentators and journalists, they are looking pretty  :opcat: right now, but that's hardly surprising.  Afterall, remember rule of thumb number 1 of politics:  if the left accuses it of the other side, its a guarantee that they are guilty of it themselves.

What did you have to say about Rick Sanchez getting fired?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »

Apples.  Oranges.

I was sad to see him go.  He was a great source of comedy.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »

Apples.  Oranges.

I don't believe I said anything about it that I recall.  Didn't see much of anything he should have been fired for. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »
Just to be clear, why are Jeffy and Dirty Sanchez upset that Juan Williams was fired? Do you guys understand what freedom of speech really is? If Juan Williams were put in jail for his comments, you would have a point. I don't care if Juan Williams has a job, and the government shouldn't either.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
Just to be clear, why are Jeffy and Dirty Sanchez upset that Juan Williams was fired? Do you guys understand what freedom of speech really is? If Juan Williams were put in jail for his comments, you would have a point. I don't care if Juan Williams has a job, and the government shouldn't either.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:13 AM »
You're right, we shouldn't care if voices are silenced because they may or may not be offensive to one group or another while other people say things equally or more virulent and are retained, particularly from an institution that receives government funding.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:40 AM »
You're right, we shouldn't care if voices are silenced because they may or may not be offensive to one group or another while other people say things equally or more virulent and are retained, particularly from an institution that receives government funding.

His voice is not silenced. He is free to broadcast his bigotry via any venue that will have him. An institution receiving government funding has no bearing on an individual's right to work for that institution. Maybe you should move to France.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
All Mormon's are racist.

:rolleyes:

Is this what a libocrite is?