Author Topic: Rekindling the previously kindled NEW COURT DESIGN discussion  (Read 147624 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rekindling the NEW COURT DESIGN discussion
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
maybe it'll just look like the one in the renderings for the new practice facility

it doesn't

what are your thoughts on what this board's reaction to the new floor will be?  feel free to utilize emoticons. 

Am interested to see the reaction. It has certain elements to it that most on here should be  :emawkid: about... But history suggests this board also likes to  :angry: about most things, some as a joke  :gocho: and some because they seem to be generally unhappy people  :goodbyecruelworld:. So all in all, am very  :bwpopcorn:  :users: about the reaction here.  :cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »
hmmmm, now I'm even more excited  :comeatme:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »
maybe it'll just look like the one in the renderings for the new practice facility

it doesn't

what are your thoughts on what this board's reaction to the new floor will be?  feel free to utilize emoticons. 

Am interested to see the reaction. It has certain elements to it that most on here should be  :emawkid: about... But history suggests this board also likes to  :angry: about most things, some as a joke  :gocho: and some because they seem to be generally unhappy people  :goodbyecruelworld:. So all in all, am very  :bwpopcorn:  :users: about the reaction here.  :cheers:
I humbly request that you answer me one question. Are all the boards on the new floor parallel to each other?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:06 AM »
I think I could correctly predict this board's reaction to anything.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
 :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Betting on this-  :runaway:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
i bet it will be a solid upgrade. bball seems to "get it". like ccrap said though, if there are no katpaks or ood references on the court, i'll prob freak out some and really let them "have it" just because.

also, when will we get to see it?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 08, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 08, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
Overall, is it better than the previous floor, and are there any kstateo features?  This is really all we care about.  OOD reference would be off the charts.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 08, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
bet it has the awful new "word mark" on it.  :dubious:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »
I humbly request that you answer me one question. Are all the boards on the new floor parallel to each other?

Yes.

also, when will we get to see it?

Not sure, haven't heard what they are planning for when/how they make it public. Pretty sure it is getting installed before the 1st football game, so my guess is sometime in the next few weeks they will make some sort of announcement.

Overall, is it better than the previous floor, and are there any kstateo features?  This is really all we care about.  OOD reference would be off the charts.

Yes, better imo. But I think we would all agree that it would be hard to be worse than the current one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Rekindling the NEW COURT DESIGN discussion
« Reply #387 on: August 08, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Smaller powercat?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
pic of SCBeaz mushing some fool at halfcourt w/ smaller (tiny) katpaks sprinkled throughout the court like someone dropped them from the rafters and they just randomly landed places?   :crossfingers:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:20:36 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 08, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »

it doesn't

Crap, please tell us that it at least has a solid purple border around the court.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »

Yes, better imo. But I think we would all agree that it would be hard to be worse than the current one.

[/quote]

I didn't think the old one looked bad.  It was just pretty plain and the powercat was too big.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
Any updates?   :pray:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
I have a small suggestion.  Over in the endzone part where we say what conference we are in, well, I suggest we put like an LED message board underneath glass.   That way, to show what conference we are in that week, all they have to do is just change the LED board.   

Really simplifies things, and frankly, makes a perfectly fine conversation subject and possibly worthy of a tour stop and much discussion on ESPN.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
captaincrap?     :crossfingers:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline powercat13

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
This may have already been posted but if they are designing courts for the BTF, wouldnt they just make them all the same?  I really like this design.

This picture if from the bridge above the courts:

Who's signature is on the court??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
This may have already been posted but if they are designing courts for the BTF, wouldnt they just make them all the same?

no, has been debunked in this thread

it doesn't

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 15, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
lane line scratch marks are terrible

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 15, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
lane line scratch marks are terrible

yeah

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 15, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
would rather take one for the team and have them on my ballsack than on our court

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
I'm convinced they will be a "safe" design. By safe, I mean mundane and run of the mill.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.