Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457028 times)

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #850 on: June 22, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
Curtis Kelly: 5-star big time high school recruit.  Goes to one of the most elite programs in the country and compete with future NBA bigs on a fantastic team.  Gets beat out for PT and is heavily recruited as a transfer.

Denis Clemente: former RSCI top 100.  Goes to mediocre program and makes immediate impact.  Starts numerous games as a freshman and sophmore and puts up solid numbers.  Gets kicked off for smoking weed.

Abdul Herrera:  Moderately recruited high school recruit.  Borderline top 150.  Goes to tradition rich program, but program was currently playing well below standards.  Gets freaking burried on the roster behind nobody in particular.  Does nothing.  K-State strings him along for as long as possible and brings him in when it's apparent that they have no other options.

Omari Lawrence:  (see Abdul Herrera)  (DO NOT see Dennis Clemente)  (See Curtis Kelly if your boarderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!))

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 22, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »
Omari Lawrence:  (see Abdul Herrera)  (DO NOT see Dennis Clemente)  (See Curtis Kelly if your boarderline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!))

"you're"

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 22, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
yosh, i think i see the problem.  you're looking at a lawrence vs herrera/kelly/clemente comparo vis a vis how good they are.  that's not the issue at all, and is completely beside the point.

the comparo is about whether the staff is recruiting him as a 1 year stop-gap or not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »
yosh, i think i see the problem.  you're looking at a lawrence vs herrera/kelly/clemente comparo vis a vis how good they are.  that's not the issue at all, and is completely beside the point.

the comparo is about whether the staff is recruiting him as a 1 year stop-gap or not.

I look at Herrera as a guy with potential that had an history of being a lazy, underachieving POS.  The staff was giving him a chance to get it together, but it's was unlikely he would.  They didn't really have any other options with the scholly so why not?  I see Lawrence the same way.

Myles is more like Gilbert and Buchi.

"you're"

OMG YOU GOT ME GOOD!   :excited:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 22, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
They didn't really have any other options with the scholly so why not?  I see Lawrence the same way.

but, that is not accurate.  w. herrera the choice was leave the 'ship empty or fill it with herrera.

lawrence is completely different because he has to sit out the year, and they aren't low on bodies or on 3s, so it's not like he's needed for practice.

so regardless of whether you take him or not, you get nothing in '10.  taking him is the equivalent of an '11.  the choice is take lawrence or take an '11.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 22, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »
 :blush:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 22, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
Lawrence is much more like Clemente than Herrera IMO.  Herrera was Frank's boy, first kid he recruited to Cincinnati.  I really don't think that situation is comparable.  But a pretty talented kid who didn't completely fit at a lower tier bcs school is a major similarity between Lawrence and Clemente.  Now we'll just have to see if there is any talent there or if Frank gives him a shot.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »
When did everyone on this board turn full blown Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 22, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
When did everyone on this board turn full blown Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

bound to happen without elite camp updates.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
ARE WE EVEN HAVING AN ELITE CAMP OR DID IT GET CANCELLED?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 22, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »

do you think the "media" is afraid to tell us?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 22, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »

do you think the "media" is afraid to tell us?

yeah, I would hate  for them to piss off the staff and lose their access.  access to what, not sure.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 22, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
yeah, I would hate  for them to piss off the staff and lose their access.  access to what, not sure.

maybe they're more afraid of us (for us).   :surprised:

stunz

« Reply #863 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Lawrence is much more like Clemente than Herrera IMO.  Herrera was Frank's boy, first kid he recruited to Cincinnati.  I really don't think that situation is comparable.  But a pretty talented kid who didn't completely fit at a lower tier bcs school is a major similarity between Lawrence and Clemente.  Now we'll just have to see if there is any talent there or if Frank gives him a shot.

also a guard so a higher chance he pans out.  he just has to lose weight apparently.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 22, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
Lawrence is much more like Clemente than Herrera IMO.  Herrera was Frank's boy, first kid he recruited to Cincinnati.  I really don't think that situation is comparable.  But a pretty talented kid who didn't completely fit at a lower tier bcs school is a major similarity between Lawrence and Clemente.  Now we'll just have to see if there is any talent there or if Frank gives him a shot.

also a guard so a higher chance he pans out.  he just has to lose weight apparently.

if you beleive KOB, he already has lost that weight.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »
In other news, Te460K is has drawn several smiley faces and a mean looking monster type character on his office whiteboard , . . just underneath the note to call Baron and set up a test drive.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »
Man, I hope he's buyin that BMW for a recruit!!  :pray:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 22, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
In other news, Te460K is has drawn several smiley faces and a mean looking monster type character on his office whiteboard , . . just underneath the note to call Baron and set up a test drive.

dax,

you do a very good job w/ this. very good. your biggest obstacle though (imo) is that nobody cares how much coaches get paid. i don't. at all. i personally wish that everybody on the staff made 8 billion a year each. or more if they wanted it. maybe rework your stuff to focus on the laziness and not the amount of money being made. :twocents:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 22, 2010, 11:53:30 PM »

Frank,  you can relate to him cant you? GET HIM
EMAW

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:48 AM »

Nice post, Wyatt. :opcat:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 23, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »

Nice post, Wyatt. :opcat:
couldnt help myself.
EMAW

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 23, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »
:frown:

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 23, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »

:surprised:

LOL at the Chipmunks version of "Whipping Post"

Not listed, but doesn't have any offers yet

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Cezar-Guerrero-82492

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 23, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

dax,

you do a very good job w/ this. very good. your biggest obstacle though (imo) is that nobody cares how much coaches get paid. i don't. at all. i personally wish that everybody on the staff made 8 billion a year each. or more if they wanted it. maybe rework your stuff to focus on the laziness and not the amount of money being made. :twocents:

Daris . . . that's really the point dude.   I couldn't care less if they paid Te a million a year if he was out landing 4 and 5 star recruits.   But he's not.

Oh . . . another note, after watching 42's video.   I just want us all to take a moment of silence before we issue last rights for the palming/carrying the basketball rule.