Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457510 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
Quote from: Dave Telep
Right now DeAngelo Harrison for Franchize is lighting up the main arena at ULR. Smooth, compact stroke. Another sniper who can go off drib

Quote from: Bossi
Harrison is a lights out spot up wing shooter!

:eek:

Sounds like we'll stop recruiting since he can shoot, is playing well at AAU tourneys, and didn't keep our recruitment a secret.  A guy like that would clearly ruin our locker room.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:29:57 AM by michigancat »

catzacker

« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »
I'll position for later on:  3 star  :jerk:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »
Sounds like we'll stop recruiting since he can shoot, is playing well at AAU tourneys, and didn't keep our recruitment a secret.  A guy like that would clearly ruin our locker room.

did you see the tweet about how the '11s can all shoot, even though they aren't competitive and are rough ridin' pussies?  even martin may have to take a shooter in this class.

great find, btw.  & lol @ our pathetic excuses for beat writers.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »
Quote from: telep teaser
18 Apr 2010 ... DeAngelo Harrison, SG, Franchize AS: Count us as fans. He dropped 27 first half points in the game we caught. He's not the ideal size for a ...
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
Quote from: telep teaser
18 Apr 2010 ... DeAngelo Harrison, SG, Franchize AS: Count us as fans. He dropped 27 first half points in the game we caught. He's not the ideal size for a ...

Are they going to go on to say for a 3?  Seems like he's decent sized for a 2 at 6'3"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »
Sounds like we'll stop recruiting since he can shoot, is playing well at AAU tourneys, and didn't keep our recruitment a secret.  A guy like that would clearly ruin our locker room.

did you see the tweet about how the '11s can all shoot, even though they aren't competitive and are fracking pussies?  even martin may have to take a shooter in this class.

yes.  Frank may accidentally have an elite(r) offense in 11-12.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
<--------- Concerned that with the 'potential' signing of Myles we will not have a scholarship for a big next year.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
<--------- Concerned that with the 'potential' signing of Myles we will not have a scholarship for a big next year.

Then we Branderson Nick Russell.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »

Better do it fast before we use that Brandersoned scholarship on a 6'7" JUCO PF in the late signing period.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »

Better do it fast before we use that Brandersoned scholarship on a 6'7" JUCO PF in the late signing period.

A. You can oversign.  You kick the players off after you sign the replacements, not before.

B. We don't appear to be recuiting any bigs now anyway, which is more of a concern than having room for one. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 18, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »

A. You can oversign.  You kick the players off after you sign the replacements, not before.

B. We don't appear to be recuiting any bigs now anyway, which is more of a concern than having room for one. 

A. True, but the powerespect in me hates doing that.  It's kind of embarrassing.

B. Scares the crap out of me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 18, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »
A. True, but the powerespect in me hates doing that.  It's kind of embarrassing.

Frank's recruiting since Beasley's first practice has been far more embarrassing.

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2010, 11:18:17 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 18, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 18, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »
I'll get the scoop on this kid.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6963974.html

Still the best in the biz

Does _FAN pay him with t-shirt proceeds?

If not, I would like to personally thank JMart for his charity.

:ksu:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 18, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »

so the assumption has always been a big, a pg and williams for 2011.  does harrison indicate maybe that they're looking at 3 perimeter players, no bigs?  do they think of him as a combo point?  do they think of williams as a big?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »

so the assumption has always been a big, a pg and williams for 2011.  does harrison indicate maybe that they're looking at 3 perimeter players, no bigs?  do they think of him as a combo point?  do they think of williams as a big?

Is Williams still growing?  He's listed at 6'5", but does that mean he could get to 6'6" or 6'7".

I'm not a doctor, but this could be a factor.  :dunno:

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 18, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
Good stuff here from Sam Khan, who is the Chronicle's lead high school writer - and he's very good:

Terrific offensive talent. He can score inside and out, run the floor, handle the ball and create his own quality shot in the half court.

Good court vision, seems to see the floor well in transition and in the half court.

Decent rebounder. Very good passer.

Any time I've watched him he hasn't really stood out to me defensively, but he can make plays on the ball (swiping it or playing passing lanes).

Good clutch player too.

Biggest thing to keep an eye on is off the court. He missed a good chunk of his sophomore season because of grade issues. He didn't miss any time this year, so perhaps he has fixed that. I'm not real sure if it'll be an issue going forward.

He's always been quiet any time I've been around him so I'm not sure what kind of attitude he has. He seems to be a good floor leader but I don't know that he's a leader in the true sense of the word. I'm thinking this is the year that we'll find out, because he'll be one of few holdovers on a roster that's going to have a ton of turnover.

He has experience on his side - he has been on varsity since he was a freshman and got significant minutes off the bench that year when Dulles went to the state championship game. So he has logged a lot of meaningful minutes when he has been on the court. If Dulles would have gone further in the playoffs, he would have been on my second team probably. They lost in the second round to the eventual state champs. He'll be a surefire first-team all-city pick next preseason for me. He's without question one of the top talents in this area in general, and especially in the Class of 2011. He was an all-state selection this year.

And then this just popped in my in-box from Sam:

I just heard from the local guy who's deep into AAU coverage that he had a huge game today (41 points, 12 rebounds, five assists) in the semifinals of the Real Deal on the Hill in Arkansas, which is supposed a pretty high quality tournament. Chief might know this better than I though, where it ranks on the totem pole.

His team is playing in the championship game later today.

Another guy I work with happens to run an AAU team here in Houston. His name is Chief, and this is what he had to say:

One of the best guards in the state. I'm pretty sure he's left handed. Plays at Dulles HS in Fort Bend. About 6-3. Can get to the rack and fill it up just as easily.

Hope that helps.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 18, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
are we recruiting him?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 18, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »
Awesome, thanks Jeff.  Any of those guys know much about his recruitment? 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 18, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »
Hope that helps.

great stuff.

as a word of contrarianism, telep's quote right before harrison's big game in arkansas:

The ball has been BAD, the play worse and the energy has been sucked out of me. Hope Franchize vs Playground delivers

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 18, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Have another message in on that, SD. I'll post a response when I can.

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 18, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
See KSU beatwritter that how you do it.  JMart makes it look easy.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 18, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
I don't understand how meek, manbeck, and smelly are getting paid actual money right now.  Seems journalists should be on commission or something.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
I don't understand how meek, manbeck, and smelly are getting paid actual money right now.  Seems journalists should be on commission or something.

it's far easier to cover kstate recruiting from houston on a volunteer basis.  it's not really an apples to apples comparison for the locals.