Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457273 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
Are we just in denial?  Would it be fair to say that without the influence of Beasley/Huggs, this staff has gotten Gilbert, Awaji, Clemente, Kelly, Irving, Russell, Asprilla, Sprads, Southwell, and Nino?  Kind of an underwhelming group overall.  Further, would it be fair to say that most of these guys were "late" additions/mentions?   

At least many were "plan b" recruits.  Maybe plan c. 

I'd say Sprads/Southwell/Nino were targeted kids though, perhaps that's the route we're going to go now.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:06 AM »
the only plausible hidden recruit theory.

yeah, something like that or a foreign big is probably the most plausible.  but even if it was a proverbial silent commit, wouldn't there be mentions from backup plan bigs?

If they start going to the Ivory Coast to look for players, I'm done.  DONE.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2010, 10:56:36 AM »
Are we just in denial?  Would it be fair to say that without the influence of Beasley/Huggs, this staff has gotten Gilbert, Awaji, Clemente, Kelly, Irving, Russell, Asprilla, Sprads, Southwell, and Nino?  Kind of an underwhelming group overall.  Further, would it be fair to say that most of these guys were "late" additions/mentions?   

I'd say Sprads/Southwell/Nino were targeted kids though, perhaps that's the route we're going to go now.

I think Southwell was a backup.  He seems like a less athletic clone of Mitchell.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »
I think Southwell was a backup.  He seems like a less athletic clone of Mitchell.

Perhaps a bit, but we did sign him early and he visited in September.  Not the early, early commits like we got from Sprads/Nino, but not a late signing period pick-up either. 

I'm classifying a true "plan b"er as someone who usually signs in the late period. 

catzacker

« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »

that's true, sprads/south/nino wouldn't be "late" guys and were "targeted".  which is kind of frightening, actually.  "right fit" is a slippery slope.  usually means "mediocre" and "coach'em up".

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

"coach'em up".

If that phrase begins to be associated with this staff...we are in trouble.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
that's true, sprads/south/nino wouldn't be "late" guys and were "targeted".  which is kind of frightening, actually.  "right fit" is a slippery slope.  usually means "mediocre" and "coach'em up".

True, it is a caution.  I don't think we've reached SLTH recruiting by any means, but it now looks like Top 100-150 kids rather than Top 75 kids as probably the norm, then mix in a few transfers/JUCOs.  As long as they can find more Pullens and even Samuels that way, we should be fine, but we'll see.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Quote from: billy tubbs
ya'll had a nice little run

:frown:

(edited for effect)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:36:45 AM by michigancat »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »
bunch a negative nancies.

not sold on southwell at all, but i think spradling and williams will be good.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »
that's true, sprads/south/nino wouldn't be "late" guys and were "targeted".  which is kind of frightening, actually.  "right fit" is a slippery slope.  usually means "mediocre" and "coach'em up".

True, it is a caution.  I don't think we've reached SLTH recruiting by any means, but it now looks like Top 100-150 kids rather than Top 75 kids as probably the norm, then mix in a few transfers/JUCOs.  As long as they can find more Pullens and even Samuels that way, we should be fine, but we'll see.

that, right there, is what I'm afraid of.  It's like LHC Bill Snyder sat Frank down and said "listen, this is how you recruit youngsters...".  

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »
there are a lot of grumblings that the '11 class is lazy/not very intense.  I'm going to tell my self that's why our staff has decided not to recruit any '11s.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
there are a lot of grumblings that the '11 class is lazy/not very intense.  I'm going to tell my self that's why our staff has decided not to recruit any '11s.

heh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
It's like LHC Bill Snyder sat Frank down and said "listen, this is how you recruit youngsters...".  

heh.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »

saw bossi tweet something about that. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »

So did Telep.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »

So did Telep.

Its because all kids do these days is play Playstation 3/Xbox and text on their fancy phones.  Ridiculous.

:peek:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »
if any of you think you can recruit better than Frank and this staff then please, by all means, send Frank an email.  he will love to hear from you.  it's hilarious that this whole board was clamoring for an extension/raise for frank and his staff just a couple months ago, and now he's got it, and we got him, and all that you can do is bitch.  why don't you recruiting gurus out there outline for us real fans exactly the type of player and position, size, etc that this team needs most.  when you get done, come back here and check the latest commitments because I will guarantee that Frank and staff will have just gotten done inking that very kid to a scholarship to YOUR Kansas State University. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
if any of you think you can recruit better than Frank and this staff then please, by all means, send Frank an email.  he will love to hear from you.  it's hilarious that this whole board was clamoring for an extension/raise for frank and his staff just a couple months ago, and now he's got it, and we got him, and all that you can do is bitch.  why don't you recruiting gurus out there outline for us real fans exactly the type of player and position, size, etc that this team needs most.  when you get done, come back here and check the latest commitments because I will guarantee that Frank and staff will have just gotten done inking that very kid to a scholarship to YOUR Kansas State University. 

Our recruits should average 4.36 stars over a 3 year period (rivals.com).  I think that's the consensus.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2010, 11:02:09 PM »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2010, 07:00:20 AM »
Could this kid be our mysvisitor?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Ryan-Boatright-69049

No.  it sounds like mysvisitor is on an official visit.  '11s can't go on official visits until next fall.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »
It only took one season for a bunch of people to go full on powerespect, now goemawtard with this coaching staff. 

Sad. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
It only took one season for a bunch of people to go full on powerespect, now goemawtard with this coaching staff. 

Sad. 

:confused:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »

Sad. 

qft.  Is he saying there's a lot of people irrationally defending the staff here?  :dunno:

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »

Sad. 

qft.  Is he saying there's a lot of people irrationally defending the staff here?  :dunno:

Don't think he understands PCs tic posts.  PC has a gift for having no decearnable difference between a sarcastic post and a serious one.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »

Sad. 

Don't think he understands PCs tic posts.  PC has a gift for having no decearnable difference between a sarcastic post and a serious one.

I think it's pretty obvious.  :dunno: