Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457370 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »
No.  That would be setting yourself up for failure.  Plus, he could always attempt to take the recruits with him (see Huggins).

For the record, I can't see Frank trying to do this.

he's not going to leave asprilla stranded out in buttfuck, ks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »

he's not going to leave asprilla stranded out in buttfrack, ks.

:embarrassed: I live in buttfrack?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »
don't really have a feel for the protocol on this:  can it be assumed that goEMAW readers also check the ksufans recruiting threads?  or should info there be placed here?

at any rate, per scout as interpreted on ksufans, justin gant got a few letters from kstate.  here's his profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Justin-Gant-84522

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2010, 05:55:01 AM »
don't really have a feel for the protocol on this:  can it be assumed that goEMAW readers also check the ksufans recruiting threads?  or should info there be placed here?

at any rate, per scout as interpreted on ksufans, justin gant got a few letters from kstate.  here's his profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Justin-Gant-84522

I'm banned.  You should let anyone posting in ksufans threads that the true bb recruiting followers are here, and that's where they should post all their info.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2010, 06:45:42 AM »
I'm banned.  You should let anyone posting in ksufans threads that the true bb recruiting followers are here, and that's where they should post all their info.

i'll summarize here or something.  i think the guy doing a lot of recruiting updates now is part of an effort to upgrade their site.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2010, 08:01:59 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR2010030404491.html

cook article, no mention of kstate.  the new staff at arizona is doing a great job of getting mentions and visits.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR2010030404491.html

cook article, no mention of kstate.  the new staff at arizona is doing a great job of getting mentions and visits.

Honestly, if Arizona can get an unofficial, and we can't, we suck.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2010, 08:13:28 AM »
i'll be really surprised if kstate gets a visit.

townsend in st. louis watching mclemore last night, btw.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
i'll be really surprised if kstate gets a visit.

townsend in st. louis watching mclemore last night, btw.

saw that.  Maybe we sent Underwood to watch Ellis or something.  :flush:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2010, 08:20:01 AM »

your pessimism is starting to rub off.  i'm going to need to start seeing some 2011-12 mentions soon.

catzacker

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »

your pessimism is starting to rub off.  i'm going to need to start seeing some 2011-12 mentions soon.

all the recruiting threads are incredibly depressing to read.  even when jmart was finding out recruiting tidbits, there were still other ksu mentions to be googled.  now, there's just nothing. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2010, 08:25:15 AM »

all the recruiting threads are incredibly depressing to read.  even when jmart was finding out recruiting tidbits, there were still other ksu mentions to be googled.  now, there's just nothing. 

to be fair, it's not a real busy time.  When the AAU tourneys start up, we'll hopefully get another "Boynton saying, 'yeah, look into me listing KSU first'" moment.  (really, that was the peak of KSU basketball recruiting since November of 07.)

catzacker

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2010, 08:37:38 AM »

to be fair, it's not a real busy time.  When the AAU tourneys start up, we'll hopefully get another "Boynton saying, 'yeah, look into me listing KSU first'" moment.  (really, that was the peak of KSU basketball recruiting since November of 07.)

recruiting seems like it's been dry for a long, long time.  it's basically been "did cook mention us in someone else's update? no? okay.  has bhoops give us some stupid update on Perry Ellis yet?"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »

recruiting seems like it's been dry for a long, long time.  it's basically been "did cook mention us in someone else's update? no? okay.  has bhoops give us some stupid update on Perry Ellis yet?"

It has been pretty dry, at least compared to the Huggins year.  It's amplified by the fact that Judge and McGruder committed so early and Mitchell was pretty much under-the-radar for most of the time he was committed to us.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »
We should just announce a Rodriguez-Trioche committment to save face

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:29 AM »
We should just announce a Rodriguez-Trioche committment to save face

Pretty lame face-saving, if you ask me.  HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED SUMMER BALL.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »
can't wait for the 5 stars to come rolling in since we are ranked high and stuff.  also the espn stuff.  gonna be great, can't wait, want to mate!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
Will be interesting to see what Frank does with the 4 'ships available; this year's extra, then Pullen/Sutton/Kelly.

I'm just hopeful we don't sign another Awaji/Gilbert JUCO in the late signing period for '10.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2010, 09:22:42 AM »
I'm just hopeful we don't sign another Awaji/Gilbert JUCO in the late signing period for '10.

You know we will

catzacker

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
Will be interesting to see what Frank does with the 4 'ships available; this year's extra, then Pullen/Sutton/Kelly.

leave?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »
i'm praying for a juco guard.  scared they're going to give it to some irving clone they think they can coach up.

rodriguez tricoche is going to make michigancat look pretty stupid when he ends up being as good as chris corchiani.  hopefully he commits during his game with shane larkin tonight.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/04/1511826/hes-not-going-to-let-you-lose.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:01 AM »
i'm praying for a juco guard.  scared they're going to give it to some irving clone they think they can coach up.

rodriguez tricoche is going to make michigancat look pretty stupid when he ends up being as good as chris corchiani.  hopefully he commits during his game with shane larkin tonight.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/04/1511826/hes-not-going-to-let-you-lose.html

Hope you and Art and Shakey are right.  Hopefully Tony Smith for the guard.  (I really have no idea who would be better).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2010, 09:48:20 AM »
i'm praying for a juco guard.  scared they're going to give it to some irving clone they think they can coach up.

rodriguez tricoche is going to make michigancat look pretty stupid when he ends up being as good as chris corchiani.  hopefully he commits during his game with shane larkin tonight.

Hope you and Art and Shakey are right.  Hopefully Tony Smith for the guard.  (I really have no idea who would be better).

Art will be in town for Lou's SR deal tomorrow.  FWIW.

And sys was right yesterday, I look forward to the Rodriguez comparos to Denis by upset "traditional" K-State fans. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »
And sys was right yesterday, I look forward to the Rodriguez comparos to Denis by upset "traditional" K-State fans. 

going to be great