Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457526 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2150 on: February 06, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »
otto porter is really good.  prolly too late to make any headway with him, but he's about the only one worth trying for.

they should bank the 'ship with a walk on till 2012, but they'll prolly pick a no talent juco, then run him off halfway through the '11-'12 season.  dumbasses.

for pointless speculation that i would pi most others for, lowe is on track to be fired, possibly tossing these recruits back up.  word of god is clifton friendly, iirc, and some poster once said something about how the cliftons liked hill.  it appears that harris played with the westchester hawks, where sean kilpatrick played.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/152
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 06, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
From the same point of view, I looked to see who might free up with a coaching change at the U. of Miami. Turns out they don't have cac.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 07, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
@DaveTelep Kansas State going to see former Chi Simeon guard Jeremy Jones of Seward JC. Frank Martin making the trip himself to check him out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 07, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
:sigh: I hate Buchi/Gilbert/Canada recruiting season  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 07, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
Jeremy Jones Prepping For Simeon’s Opener Vs. Oak Hill
By Cavan Walsh

Class of 2009 combo guard Jeremy Jones of Simeon High School is poised to come into his own and breakout this upcoming season after a stellar fall and summer. Jones is a long 6 foot 2 inches with an uncanny ability to knock down shots from long range, and the kid is clutch. With Simeon’s first game in nearly a month’s time, when they will square off with national powerhouse Oak Hill Academy at the Marshall County Hoopfest, Jones is steadily prepping for the season and weighing his college choices.

“Yeah this is our last week of conditioning, and then we start practice next Monday,” stated Jones. “It’s the last week so we made it through, it was alright. I mean it was hard, but it wasn’t it was just long and a lot of running it wasn’t that bad though,” said Jones.

After breakout performances at Nike MDOC, Nike Peach Jam, and AAU Super Showcase the latter two coming in front of dozens of college coaches, Jones recruiting stock really elevated.

“Basically the only two right now are Kent State and University of Detroit. Both have offered, I am supposed to visit Detroit on the 7th of this month, and Kent State hasn’t scheduled a visit yet. I most likely won’t make the Detroit visit on the 7th, but we are rescheduling it. Kyle (Cain) is going to Detroit on the 7th instead. I will visit Kent State also; I just have to set the visit up with them. It’s really just those two schools right now and whoever else will jumps in during the season,” commented Jones.

While Jones is not planning to make a decision anytime soon, he has a few preferences for his future college. “I know for sure that I am waiting to make a decision after the season. I’m just looking for a good program, location, academics, and coaches all that, and just overall where I fit in at.” Also another possibility Jones is looking at is teaming up with his Illinois Warriors teammate and best friend Kyle Cain from T.F. North. Cain is also being heavily recruited by University of Detroit. “It really makes Detroit’s chances a lot better. We talk about it all the time playing in college together,” Jones said.

With lofty goals every year at Simeon they again are no different this year. “Nothing less than state title, I think we can win it all; we got a great chance to do that and win the city also. I can’t tell you how excited I am for the season.”
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:02:53 AM by steve dave »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 07, 2011, 11:00:53 AM »
Junior Jeremy Jones "was the best shooter in our program" last season, Smith said.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 07, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
he doest sound so bad :dunno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
Fred Brown.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 07, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
Why are we getting another guard?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
@DaveTelep Kansas State going to see former Chi Simeon guard Jeremy Jones of Seward JC. Frank Martin making the trip himself to check him out.

Seward is playing at Colby tonight, is Frank going to use this as an excuse to get out of his radio show tonight? If so, good for him  :woot:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: February 07, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »

Telling Russell, Canada, Tay, etc. to GTFO and replacing them with someone as crappy or crappier just like we do every season.....though I would trade Canada for this loser I guess.  :dubious:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »

Telling Russell, Canada, Tay, etc. to GTFO and replacing them with someone as crappy or crappier just like we do every season.....though I would trade Canada for this loser I guess.  :dubious:

At least Canada can play PG. If we get rid of 95 for this guy, I'm giving up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: February 07, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »

Devon worked too hard to get here plus I hear Frank likes him because he gives him the effort he wants

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: February 07, 2011, 11:13:45 AM »

Devon worked too hard to get here plus I hear Frank likes him because he gives him the effort he wants

Didn't say it was likely, but I would definitely give up. After ISU, I'd be pretty pissed to get rid of Russell, too.

If we're going this route, why the hell don't we get a center? Next year we have JHR and Diaz to play the 5. We would lose the Big Sky Conference with those jerk-offs. We need someone else.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: February 07, 2011, 11:14:52 AM »
Also, Devon isn't even on scholarship (yet)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: February 07, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »
This thread is a dumpster fire, unless Gipson turns out to be a low post scorer.  I have zero confidence we'll see this Diaz fella from Mexico.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: February 07, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
This thread is a dumpster fire, unless Gipson turns out to be a low post scorer.  I have zero confidence we'll see this Diaz fella from Mexico.

how come?  :confused:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: February 07, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »

This post plus all the unread activity on a monday morning for the '11 thread had me thinking we lost angel.  I guess finding out it was charity scholly to mediocre JC player day is better than the alternative.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »

how come?  :confused:

There was speculation earlier that he may need prep school....and with our previous scholly count issues I had assumed that this must be the case.   But, I dont think Wally and Fred leaving was planned, so I still assume Diaz is prep bound.   Hope I am wrong, we will be in troubs with our bigs anyway...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: February 07, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
Also, Devon isn't even on scholarship (yet)

Right, I guess I don't know how someone with his ability and situation would view that going into their senior year. Should he get a scholarship because of his ability, or because of his situation will he stay here to play not matter what, so the staff doesn't see it a priority to get him a scholarship?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: February 07, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »
This thread is a dumpster fire, unless Gipson turns out to be a low post scorer.  I have zero confidence we'll see this Diaz fella from Mexico.

how come?  :confused:

There was speculation earlier that he may need prep school....and with our previous scholly count issues I had assumed that this must be the case.   But, I dont think Wally and Fred leaving was planned, so I still assume Diaz is prep bound.   Hope I am wrong, we will be in troubs with our bigs anyway...

The prep stuff wasn't for grades....iirc

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: February 07, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
JFC.

Averaged 21 in big time high school bball & 18 PPG with 9 assists per game in JUCO.. I'll take.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:53:16 AM by Pett »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: February 07, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »

I don't know about ability, but he looks to fit the adorable-ness profile...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »