Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457318 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1925 on: November 02, 2010, 06:15:11 AM »
This could now go in '10. Jack left south Kent could early enroll.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 02, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »

that dude makes some strange choices.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 02, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »

that dude makes some strange choices.

Your life gets turned upside down when you old out for that junkyard qhatz offer that never comes

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 03, 2010, 08:03:54 AM »
a reliable poster on the rivals nat'l board is saying cook has finally committed to duke.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 03, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 03, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
could be top 150 w/ those ratings  :party:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 04, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
espn 100 update.  no kstate recruits on the list, diaz & gipson rated as 90s, ar-t rated an 89.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2011
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2306/class/2011

Thanks Telep, probably better to know the truth now than have Gip arrive on campus next year and have everybody wonder why he's not living up to expectations and not IMMEDIATELY averaging a double double.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 04, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »
espn 100 update.  no kstate recruits on the list, diaz & gipson rated as 90s, ar-t rated an 89.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2011
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2306/class/2011

Thanks Telep, probably better to know the truth now than have Gip arrive on campus next year and have everybody wonder why he's not living up to expectations and not IMMEDIATELY averaging a double double.

Yes.  I really wish they would have done this with Wally.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 04, 2010, 12:58:39 PM »

Enrolling early at Rutgers and RS'ing sounds like his plan for now, but his pattern has been to change his mind about every other week, so we'll see.

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2010/11/03/kadeem-jack-to-get-a-head-start-at-rutgers/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: November 04, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »
CBBRumorCentral Rick Pitino could be on the verge of bringing a sneaky good PG to #Louisville:  http://es.pn/92MOoF #cbb @dooley_jeff

:users:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:30:45 PM by steve dave »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: November 04, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »
CBBRumorCentral Rick Pitino could be on the verge of bringing a sneaky good PG to #Louisville:  http://es.pn/92MOoF #cbb @dooley_jeff

:users:

:goodbyecruelworld:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 04, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Art can suck one...maybe.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 04, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 04, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
Nothing earth shattering but nice Rodriguez blurb from ESPN regarding top unsigned PG prospects. I'd actually take it as a good sign for us if he decides to wait until spring to sign(ie our staff not wanting to oversign anymore than we already have).

Angel Rodriguez (Miami, Fla./Dr. Krop)
Player rank: NR | Position rank: 32 | Grade: 89 | Stars: 3
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 165 pounds | Evaluation
Considering

Why they want him: An under-the-radar prospect, Rodriguez is a tough and strong point guard. He competes on both ends of the floor and plays with great urgency. He has good, but not great, speed and quickness but can get to the basket because of his toughness. He is strong for his size and can finish with either hand.
Recruiting update: Reportedly Louisville, Kansas State and NC State are his top three schools and he will have visited all three by the end of the week. It remains to be seen if any of the three can impress him enough to have him sign during the November signing period.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5763236

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 05, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 05, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
Good to see Doc digging into his Arky roots to land talent, just like the dude below

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=23&SPID=24&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205015466&Q_SEASON=2010

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 05, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »
Hoopy?!

November 2, 2010

Troy Phillips
TheMeanGreenReport.com

Had the original plan held up, Isiah Jones would be enrolled at Kansas State right now, getting ready for his freshman season in Division I basketball.

Instead, Jones is playing his last season of high school ball at a fifth-year prep school in the Houston area, and the recruiting process isn't quite over. While playing for Humble (Texas) Christian Life Academy at a tournament in Dallas in mid-October, combo guard Jones took an unofficial visit to North Texas to get a look around.

UNT has five players committed for its 2011 recruiting class, and multi-skilled Jones would fit well with the backcourt collection already assembled.

Nicknamed "Hoopy," Jones said he's planning official visits to Kansas State, Colorado, Oregon and St. John's, but his current offers include UNT, Texas-El Paso, Louisiana Tech, Louisiana-Lafayette, Illinois State, Indiana State and other mid-major programs.

"I don't ever big-time anybody," he said. "If a mid-major seems like right thing, I'm there. I want to make an impact, come in and play and make a program better, whoever it is."

In 2009, Jones left Class A Mounds Meridian near Carbondale, Ill., after his junior season to transfer to a school on Chicago's south side. He was a Kansas State target at the time and needed academic help, and prep school seemed a better option. Kansas State helped Jones make initial contact with Humble Christian Life, where he enrolled before the 2009-2010 school year.

Eventually, Jones needed a fifth year to qualify. He took the ACT test on Oct. 23 and is confident he did well. As for when he'll commit or sign, that's up in the air, but he said he likes UNT as much as anyone he's seen.

Jones was originally designated a Rivals 3-star prospect but currently is not ranked by Texashoops.com among shooting guards.

"Probably April," Jones said of his timetable. "I was going to go early, but I think more big schools will try to get in touch with me. Everybody knows I'm going to qualify now. I don't know if I'll go early or late, but I don't want to make the wrong decision."

That UNT plans to sign Dallas Kimball forward Jordan Williams this month is appealing, Jones said. Guards Trey Norris of South Grand Prairie (Texas), Chris Jones of Garland (Texas) Lakeview Centennial and Brandan Walton of Casper (Wyo.) College also expect to join the UNT stable. Jones' qualifying status is also pending an ACT test score. UNT also plans to sign Eastland (Texas) forward/center Forrest Robinson.

"I think that's a nice school," Jones said of UNT. "It's bigger than what I thought. I know they got a commit from Williams, and that's a big plus. I really like them, and the coaching staff seems cool. [Assistant coach] Shawn Forrest keeps it real. I like coaches who tell me what they like and what they expect. I don't want anybody to sugar-coat stuff. He's up front all the time."

If UNT can add Jones, it would add a big (almost 6-foot-4) guard who can play the point, the two or move up in a small-ball lineup. Last season, Jones averaged 18.7 points, seven assists and nearly four rebounds for Christian Life. As a junior, he averaged 17.8 points and made 92 3-pointers. He averaged 12.0 and 12.5 points, respectively, in his two seasons at Mounds Meridian and made 53 3-pointers as a freshman. His last year below the varsity level was middle school.

Coached by Carlos Wilson, Christian Life is one of the nation's latest powerhouse fifth-year prep programs. Jones said he has teammates who will sign with Texas Tech, Detroit, Lamar, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Florida International and Rutgers, and those are the ones he can remember.

On Nov. 15, Christian Life as a road game against Dallas God's Academy in an anticipated matchup of prep-school programs that traverse the country often. Christian Life, which is not a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, has played tournaments in Alaska, California, Rhode Island, Indiana, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., Mississippi, to name a few destinations, Jones said.

"I've tried to learn to be a better leader, how to run a team," he said of his time at CLA. "I want to show people I can be an all-around leader with all-around ability that can tell guys where to go. I'm not a guy who wants [the ball] all the time, but if it comes to me and I'm open, I'll take the shot. I just want to win."

Despite K-State's hand in getting him to CLA, Jones didn't sound overly optimistic that the Wildcats still want to sign him.

"It's open," he said. "They just got two more guards. I'm open."

Of the recruiting process, he said, "Once a school calls you once or twice, and they stop calling, you know they're not for real."

Jones said he's getting two calls a week from UNT's Forrest, and that the coach sounds "100-percent serious about what he's saying."

"He's not promising me time," Jones said. "I don't want schools to promise that. If I don't have to work for it, that's not a good place. If it's too easy, then the players around you aren't making you better. If I work for it, they'll put the ball in my hands and let me make my own decisions."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 05, 2010, 10:37:20 PM »
Wasn't that guy is "One Crazy Summer?"

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:52 PM »
wut?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: November 06, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »
Despite K-State's hand in getting him to CLA, Jones didn't sound overly optimistic that the Wildcats still want to sign him.

"It's open," he said. "They just got two more guards. I'm open."

Interpret this for me.  I mean, he's an '11.  He can't be talking 2 '11 guards..... unless the two are some combo of Devon, Omari and AR-T.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »
Doesn't look like he specified '11 or not.  I imagine he is talking about DPete and Omari. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: November 06, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile