Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457079 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1900 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »
Quote from:  that guy's description, basically
He's Michael Jordan with a better handle and more intangibles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 27, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Quote from:  that guy's description, basically
He's Michael Jordan with a better handle and more intangibles

His had more exclamation points.  He would prob be a pain in the ass to have a conversation with

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 27, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »
If he wants to play early, NC State wouldnt be the pick. ( Ryan Harrow).
EMAW

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

Cousin Javi might have to give up the starting PG spot, google "Future of NC St Basketball", Harrow can ball.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:03:02 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 27, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »

Cousin Javi might have to give up the starting PG spot, google "Future of NC St Basketball", Harrow can ball.
I know who ryan harrow is. IMO he has the best handle's in his freshman class. BALLER!.
EMAW

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: October 27, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »

I know who ryan harrow is. IMO he has the best handle's in his freshman class. BALLER!.

You are correct, his handle is ridiculous, I'm looking forward to seeing him play for the Pack, and especially to see how he fares in the ACC.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 28, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
ar-t and diaz update from last weekend's camp.  prince-martin also mentioned.

http://breakdownmagazine.com/dailybreakdown/index.cfm?textID=2010
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 28, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
Didn't Art say that Angel would be announcing in Feb?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 28, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
ar-t and diaz update from last weekend's camp.  prince-martin also mentioned.

http://breakdownmagazine.com/dailybreakdown/index.cfm?textID=2010

sounds very encouraging. Very nice.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »
Can you guys copy/paste that?  I don't have a membership.  TIA.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 28, 2010, 04:49:06 PM »
Didn't Art say that Angel would be announcing in Feb?

i don't recall february, specifically, but ar-t plans to sign in the spring.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 28, 2010, 05:02:35 PM »
That was very encouraging.  We are going to have to do something about Diaz's hair though.  Angel looks like an adorablman already  :love:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »
i'm not sure i like sr-? as much as i like alvarez.

Miami (Fla.) Dr. Krop three-star point guard Angel Rodriguez has set three official visits in an effort to potentially make his college selection in time for the early signing period. The 5-11, 180-pound point guard has already taken one of those visits and will see two more schools over the next two weekends.

Rodriguez took an official visit to Kansas State for the Wildcats' Madness in Manhattan event the weekend of Oct. 15, and is scheduled to see Louisville next.

"He's going tomorrow," confirmed Dr. Krop head coach Shakey Rodriguez. "He's going to visit NC State the following weekend and after all three visits are done then me and him are going to sit down, discuss it and see where he's at. I don't think there is any lean right now."

Rodriguez goes into this weekend's official visit with a pretty good feel for head coach Rick Pitino and his staff. He will be evaluating the opportunity for early playing time and checking out the campus and facilities at Louisville.

"He's going to watch them practice and go from there," Coach Rodriguez said. "Coach Pitino has spent a lot of time in Miami and Angel has had a chance to spend time with him.

"I don't think style of play is an issue because we play pretty much the same way. I know his style of play and I coach pretty much the same style. He's up-tempo, he presses and he expects players to play with a certain level of intensity. He knows how he's going to be in practice, so that's not going to be any shock to him. He most importantly wants to see that he has a chance to play."

Coach Rodriguez has a strong familiarity with Pitino and members of his staff. He has worked closely with Louisville's head man on the recruiting trail in years past.

"I've had two of my players play for him. Gimel Martinez and Allen Edwards were part of his Kentucky teams and had very good careers," Coach Rodriguez said. "Mark Lieberman was the head coach at Miami Pace and he's the assistant that is involved in his recruitment.

"I have absolutely no qualms about Coach Pitino. Of course, Kansas State is a good program too. Coach [Frank] Martin was my jayvee coach years ago, so there's familiarity there too. Then, I've been friends with Monte Towe at NC State for many, many years and they have Javi Gonzalez over there who is actually a cousin of Angel's. So, all three programs have some familiarity there."

N.C. State is the third program in contention for Rodriguez at this stage of the process. He will travel to see the Wolfpack next weekend, Nov. 5, after returning from Louisville. After those three trips are complete, Rodriguez and his coach will sit down to discuss what they have seen in the previous weeks.

"I asked him specifically to not get into anything until we see all three," Coach Rodriguez said. "At the end of that, if it doesn't stick out to you then we can go over some things, readdress these people if we have to and figure out whatever concerns each program has. At the end of the day, if he is not 100 percent sure, we'll go to the late signing period."

"It's just a matter of the kid being comfortable. His primary desire is to be in a program he feels he can fit in and be able to contribute."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1145342

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 29, 2010, 03:57:17 AM »
That was very encouraging.  We are going to have to do something about Diaz's hair though.

I like Diaz's hair. What do you think of Beaz's new 'do? I think it looks pretty fantastic.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 01, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
diaz reminds me of bennett

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
Jeff Wafford
CardinalSports.com

The University of Louisville hosted point guard Angel Rodriguez this weekend on an official visit. The 5-11 player from Dr. Krop H.S. in Miami, Fla., got a chance to take in the Cardinals' opening scrimmage at their new arena and talk in-depth with UofL coach Rick Pitino about possibly playing for the Cardinals.

Cardinalsports.com was able to catch up with Rodriguez as he was working his way through the Atlanta airport to catch the final leg of his flight home to Miami. "Everything went perfect," Rodriguez said of his trip to UofL. "I really liked it up there. I wouldn't say there's a thing I didn't like. Honestly, I liked everything."

After arriving in Louisville Friday night, Rodriguez said he spent time throughout the weekend hanging out with the current players on the team, along with former UofL guard and graduate assistant coach Andre McGee.

On Sunday, Rodriguez took in the Cardinals' first contest at the brand new KFC Yum! Center, an exhibition game against Northern Kentucky University.

"What else can I say about the new building they have," Rodriguez said with a laugh. "It's just amazing knowing that it's pretty much an NBA facility. It's actually bigger than an NBA arena. It's nice knowing that 22,000 people can fit in there, and that they will actually be there for all of the games."

Another highlight of Rodriguez's trip was getting to talk to Pitino about where he fits into the recruiting plan.

"He was explaining to me how everything was, and how it would be if I go there," Rodriguez said of his meeting with Pitino. "He was telling me that I'm going to have a lot of playing time when I get there as a freshman. He also said he wasn't going to pressure me in my decision. He said he would give me my time to talk to my coach, that it was going to be up to me (when I want to decide)."

Rodriguez noted that the way he understood it, Pitino is looking for one final recruit to finalize his 2011 class, and would like Rodriquez to be that guy.

What's next for the player? "Next weekend I'm flying to North Carolina State," he said. "After that, I'm going to sit down with my high school coach and talk about it and make a decision."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 01, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »
we'll get Angel when he decides to transfer after his soph year

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »
It must be nice to have local recruiting coverage.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline PurpleSleezyE

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 01, 2010, 12:00:10 PM »
It must be nice to have local recruiting coverage.

Isn't this what this site is for? 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: November 01, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/22/1886478/top-hoops-prospects-to-participate.html

from comments:

The Best player at the Ranking Expo was number 317, I'm not sure if any of the other scouts were watching, in my opinion he was the most balance and star quality player over the week.. Does anyone know who number 317 is? What school does he go to?

Coach Simms

prolly some nobody or one of this coach's kids but I like mystery stuff like this

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 01, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »
i'm getting inexplicably nervous regarding ar-t.  sr-? should stay the eff out of recruiting and leave it to alvarez.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 01, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »
http://www.floridahoopsrecruits.com/2010-breakdown-battle-for-the-rankings-recap-vol-2/

2011 – Adrian Diaz, 7’0 Center, Miami Lakes High: Probably the most impressive post player of the weekend was Adrian Diaz. Diaz is skilled for his size, showing his ability to face up his defender and knock down shots. Adrian did not show off many post moves, but his high motor and ability to the run the floor certainly made up for that. Diaz was rewarded numerous times for running the floor by his guards and finished with thunderous dunks, keeping the crowd involved. Diaz must add size and strength to play early at Kansas State next year.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 01, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »
I hear ya sys, L'ville really appears to be gaining some ground here. PG was/is clearly a target for them and they have whiffed on all of their higher profile recruits and once Wroten committed to Wash., they really seemed to turn all of their attention to Rodriguez(and Shaky). I'm still not sold on NC St becasue of Harrow and Lewis being in their fold, but I guess weirder stuff has happened.

Maybe it's just a result of not having any other 'cruits to worry about right now, but if he really is a KSU lock, the Rodriguez camp is doing a good job of disguising it.

It is good to read the positive report on Diaz, especially about his motor and ability to run the floor.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
Quincy Miller and Deuce Bello to Baylor as expected  :frown:

didn't ever see this posted...

It's just so ironic that the same day this news came out, Bello and Miller decided to pick Baylor of all schools. It's ironic because that same guy - Brian Clifton of D-One Sports - is Bello and Miller's AAU coach. And that same school that Dwon was hired by two years ago to lure in another top recruit who played for D-One Sports - Baylor - is getting Bello and Miller.

So does that mean the Cliftons still have a strong connection with Drew and Baylor, even though Dwon is now working for Wall in the NBA?
It seems that way. And there is nothing the NCAA can really do to stop them, unless the NCAA decides to investigate and find out the obvious truth behind all of this.

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=582
- chunkles