Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457238 times)

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1625 on: August 24, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »
Can't really claim to know the inner-workings of what went on there. Either our staff backed off or Cunningham saw he wasn't a top priority and decided to move on. Either of these scenarios are believable and predictable based on recent happenings in our recruiting.

there's no fracking way kstate would take 3 mid-level bigs in the worst year for bigs that telep can recall.  of course, there should have been no way they'd take 2.

OK, so we completely backed off Jack too, right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 24, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
thoughts on the possibility of jhr II going prep for a year or something similar?

you mean like voluntarily, even though he'll qualify?  0%.

if you mean that he might not qualify, there's nothing out there either way.  i'd assume he's fine.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 24, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »
OK, so we completely backed off Jack too, right?

yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 24, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »
42, any news on D-Pete? Is that a no-go or still a chance? If he were to walk on alongside Omari and we take Angel that puts us over by 3, no?

Is it wrong to put faith in Frank having incredible Rex Ryan-like arrogance for 2010-11? He must just be assuming championship, Spri and Wally going pro, and Canadian Breeze heading up north to be closer to his kids, right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »
Angel is now friends with Kstate Men's Hoops.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:31 AM »
Dpete said he was gunna be playin wit kstate. He would b a walk on... Ill try to get some more on that
EMAW

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 25, 2010, 03:37:32 AM »
With all the selling points we have to give Angel it will seriously be incredibly disappointing if we don't get him.

I don't think it's really a matter of us not getting him but if we want him

If that's the case why don't we just go ahead and take angel and put the full court press on all these long shot studs. If we sign one, we say sorry Omari, if not we give him the left over scholly.

Because if we sign Angel we're already over the scholly limit.  Over by 2 if we give Omari one. 

Yeah, I counted wrong. wow.

so, we're either trying to land some stud with Angel, who loves us, as a backup plan, and Omari is out of luck unless we clear out two rosters spaces....

or, Angel doesn't love us so much, we are desperately offering every stud recruit that even gives us a passing smile in the hallway, but probably won't get one, and if we strike out on A-rod as well we are done for the year, sys kills himself, and we had better be preparing to bring in one  hell of an impact class next year, with offers to about 37 point guards.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 25, 2010, 07:31:38 AM »
With all the selling points we have to give Angel it will seriously be incredibly disappointing if we don't get him.

I don't think it's really a matter of us not getting him but if we want him

If that's the case why don't we just go ahead and take angel and put the full court press on all these long shot studs. If we sign one, we say sorry Omari, if not we give him the left over scholly.

Because if we sign Angel we're already over the scholly limit.  Over by 2 if we give Omari one. 

Yeah, I counted wrong. wow.

so, we're either trying to land some stud with Angel, who loves us, as a backup plan, and Omari is out of luck unless we clear out two rosters spaces....

or, Angel doesn't love us so much, we are desperately offering every stud recruit that even gives us a passing smile in the hallway, but probably won't get one, and if we strike out on A-rod as well we are done for the year, sys kills himself, and we had better be preparing to bring in one  hell of an impact class next year, with offers to about 37 point guards.

No on both

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 25, 2010, 09:14:33 AM »
this guy just doesn't get art alvarez.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »
Sorry dudes I tend to do this thing where I just throw out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap and see what pops.

I used to do the same thing when I was an athletic dept marketing intern, but maybe only a bit more serious. Problem was they kept using my ideas because our marketing dept was scary bad back then.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:10:02 AM by Benja »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 25, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »
Sorry dudes I tend to do this thing where I just through out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap and see what pops.

I used to do the same thing when I was an athletic dept marketing intern, but maybe only a bit more serious. Problem was they kept using my ideas because our marketing dept was scary bad back then.

So you are the bad person who came up with the power towel!   :curse: :curse:

“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 25, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Sorry dudes I tend to do this thing where I just through out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap and see what pops.

So you are the bad person who came up with the power towel!   :curse: :curse:

Thanks for the feedback and your continued support of K-State Athletics. An open dialogue with our fan base is important to us, and we truly value your opinion. Go Cats!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 25, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
Problem was they kept using my ideas because our marketing dept was scary bad back then.

Did you help with the KSTATEO schedule poster?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:16 PM »
Sorry dudes I tend to do this thing where I just throw out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) crap and see what pops.

Our marketing department is scary bad now as well.  Tell us all a story like when you all sat around a table and decided to never spend a penny on professional advertising.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:19 PM »
Former Cardozo big man Ryan Rhoomes will prep at St Stanislaus College Prep in Mississippi, per his mother

rhoomes handler seemed to really like the kstate staff.  but i think he's no longer handling rhoomes, and we certainly don't need another big.

irregardless, rhoomes is now an '11.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #1640 on: August 25, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

Our marketing department is scary bad now as well.  Tell us all a story like when you all sat around a table and decided to never spend a penny on professional advertising.

Ugh. I just came from a school whose marketing department is so bad that students are now starting to go to games in spite of them. I was hoping that being at a BCS school would up the quality at least a bit :facepalm:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #1641 on: August 25, 2010, 11:11:48 PM »
God. I was gonna be like "well, at least we aren't these guys"

Then I remembered the power towel :users:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 26, 2010, 07:50:23 AM »
God. I was gonna be like "well, at least we aren't these guys"

Then I remembered the power towel :users:
power towel = greatness

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
Problem was they kept using my ideas because our marketing dept was scary bad back then.

Did you help with the KSTATEO schedule poster?

No, that was our award winning graphic design staff.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 27, 2010, 02:44:35 PM »

Our marketing is 10 times better now than it was then, though. We had such a small-time approach and mentality about everything we did it was sickening. That's still our biggest problem now but it's improving.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:52 PM »
Fun Boatright blurb:

North Chicago High's boys basketball team will be playing the host East Aurora Tomcats in a one-day shootout in Aurora next January.

The Tomcats will have 5-foot-11 Ryan Boatright, who is the kid who verbally committed to playing college basketball at USC while he was in eighth grade ... a decision he's since reversed.

Last year, Boatright averaged 26.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 3.3 steals for the state powerhouse.

You have to figure he'll put up 30-50 points playing against North Chicago's fun-and-gun attack.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 28, 2010, 02:50:01 AM »
30-50?  Way to leave yourself some room.  Who wrote that article?  One of the "Pearls" gators?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 31, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 31, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 31, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
So.

Guys.

Who are we trying to sign so we don't have to sign Angel?

Nothing against Angel, but it seems obvious that he is a back up plan.