Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457464 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1475 on: August 07, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
Seems kinda like a kid that could have it in his mind to go pro early no matter what...damn the torpedoes.

he could have been getting paid any of the last 4 years if he wanted to play in south america or europe.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 07, 2010, 05:45:11 PM »
Lee Summit North's (& mokan's) 6'9" David Kravish has received offers from California, Boston College, Colorado, Iowa, Wichita State, Creighton

'grats to him on the cal offer.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 09, 2010, 05:25:27 AM »
I cant imagine what it would be like to have Deuce Bello.

:love:
:love:

would this have been the Bill Walker we all expected? ( knee's)
EMAW

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 09, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »
Don't want to harp on players we've apparently stopped recruiting, but Boatright has played well all Spring/Summer and he's cotinued to do that at Adidas Nations. Reagardless of  size, kid's a player, hope we're not missing out.

"Ryan Boatright, PG- Everybody knows that Boatright can score and that he's an electrifying athlete. He's certainly showed that. But, with lots of talent around him, he's proving to be a much, much better playmaker than he's been given credit for."

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1111056

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 09, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Looks like Rodriguez still has us out in front:

Angel Rodriguez ’11, Dr. Krop (FL): Kansas State, Florida, North Carolina State, Miami, Alabama, and Louisville
                                Offers: Kansas State, Florida, North Carolina State, and Miami
                                Favorite: “K-State is the one I like the most for now.”

FWIW, Jack is also still mentioning KSU but I believe Northstar talked to him before Gip and Diaz came on board, just can't see us taking 3 bigs in this class, especially early when the whole "defections" thing hasn't been sorted out yet.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2010/08/07/orlando-school-lists-class-of-2011-edition-part-two.aspx

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:13 PM »

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:56 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 11, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
Corey Hilliard was just added to our offers list. Weird. http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Corey-Hilliard-111889

based on 8-10 update from the nu writer.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 11, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »
Corey Hilliard was just added to our offers list. Weird. http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/basketball/recruiting/player-Corey-Hilliard-111889

GPA:2.4
ACT:19

This seems fine for eligibility.  Is it not?

Yeah, but he's a complete moron.  Not that I care as long as he is good at basketball.  Just pointing it out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: August 11, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
art alvarez, always gold.

good update by cassidy.  wish some bold sportswriter would confront martin on the numbers issue.

Of course, K-State is one of the leaders. We haven't really identified the rest of them yet, but K-State is one.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1112301

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 11, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
He's really not that good.
EMAW

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 12, 2010, 03:53:10 AM »

If Fred Hoibergs not offering why are we? Does Frank really thing he knows something that Fred Hoiberg does not? Fred Hoiberg has more scholarships than he does chest hairs. Something's not adding up. :confused:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 12, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »

If Fred Hoibergs not offering why are we? Does Frank really thing he knows something that Fred Hoiberg does not? Fred Hoiberg has more scholarships than he does chest hairs. Something's not adding up. :confused:

Hoiberg has changed his recruiting strategy.  He is only recruiting really good swimmers now.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »
Alright, a lot has been made about Rodriguez's lack of presence on the AAU circuit this Spring/Summer. I can't claim to know all the details why the Tropics didn't even really have 17U team this year, why he didn't get much run with Nike Team Florida, or why he eventually left NTF to play with a de facto version of his HS team? What we do know is that he received some less than stellar reviews from analysts and that Alvarez is saying he scores 30 a game every game, the truth probably lies somewhere in between. We can also look at how he fared during his HS season. Yeah, you could say the competition wasn't as good, and he's Shakey boy(figuratively, not literally) and all that, but take a look at the Florida Class 6A all state team(pasted and linked below). The first team is loaded and Rodriguez is right there on the list. I'm not going to lie, he wasn't my #1 pick among the potential guards we've been in contact with but he has definitely managed to impress a good deal of objective analysts with his play.

CLASS 6A

First team

Charles Hankerson, Coral Reef (Miami), 6-5, Sr.  - Ranked #138 by Rivals, signed with Alabama

Shane Larkin, Dr. Phillips (Orlando), 6-0, Jr. - Currently ranked #90 nationally in '11 by Rivals

Khyle Marshall, Flanagan (Pembroke Pines), 6-6, Sr.  - Ranked #118, signed with Butler

Austin Rivers, Winter Park, 6-3, Jr. - Top 5 player in '11

Angel Rodriguez, Dr. Krop (Miami), 5-11, Jr.

2nd team features 3* Michigan signee and 1 time KSU recruit Tim Hardaway Jr

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-06-17/sports/fl-basketball-all-state-0617_1_blanche-ely-all-state-brenton-williams

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 12, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »
What we do know is that he received some less than stellar reviews from analysts and that Alvarez is saying he scores 30 a game every game, the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

i assume alvarez is pretty close to the truth on the number.  he was just talking about the breakdown tourney, not everywhere (don't know where else he played with k-lightning, if anywhere).  i don't think there's any question that ar-t is the star on dr. krop's team and can shoot whenever he wants.  translate his hs stats to an aau situation and 30/game doesn't seem unreasonable.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 12, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
So are you buying the "J.J. Barea clone" line too?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »

i think it's a better style comparo than clemente.  and i think alvarez is wonderfully entertaining.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 12, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
if we got ar-t, we'd be getting a more skilled javi gonzalez.  is that good enough?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 12, 2010, 02:28:23 PM »
if we got ar-t, we'd be getting a more skilled javi gonzalez.  is that good enough?

how much more skilled?  look at his 2009 stats too.  if he didn't turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate, he'd be pretty dece.

http://alturl.com/f2xcc
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:30:22 PM by sys »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 12, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »

i think it's a better style comparo than clemente.  and i think alvarez is wonderfully entertaining.

From what I know about Rodriguez(Thanks BP), I would agree with the comparison to Barea over Clemente.  Clemente's freakish speed, ability to get unearthly hot, and being more of a natural 2 guard(although I was impressed with the development of his playmaking ability), makes him a difficult comparo to anybody, IMO.

And yes, Art never fails to deliver.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 12, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
if we got ar-t, we'd be getting a more skilled javi gonzalez.  is that good enough?

how much more skilled?  look at his 2009 stats too.  if he didn't turn the ball over at a ridiculous rate, he'd be pretty dece.

http://alturl.com/f2xcc

can't really quantify skill.  but i'd say that ar-t is a better shooter and a better defender than javi at the same age.  i think ar-t is a TO machine just like his cousin.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »
I'm not sure what's not to be excited about with this kid.  You can say that Alvarez is full of crap, fine.  But the fact is Billy Dunnavun has offered and that should say alot...pretty sure Billy's seen the kid play a few times given he's in his back yard.  I personally put some faith in his hs coach saying that ar-t has "it" and refuses to lose.  I want those kids...give me the 3 star that plays his heart out and you can have the 5 star Xavier Henry's that get all the press but couldn't give a crap about winning or losing.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 12, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »
I'm not sure what's not to be excited about with this kid.  You can say that Alvarez is full of crap, fine.  But the fact is Billy Dunnavun has offered and that should say alot...pretty sure Billy's seen the kid play a few times given he's in his back yard.  I personally put some faith in his hs coach saying that ar-t has "it" and refuses to lose.  I want those kids...give me the 3 star that plays his heart out and you can have the 5 star Xavier Henry's that get all the press but couldn't give a crap about winning or losing.

A) Yeah, I don't mind A-R-T
B) There are some rumblings that he may not have a full fledged Florida offer iirc.
C) Xavier Henry was/is very good.  Don't be a tard.