Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457264 times)

Offline dobbie4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1150 on: July 22, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »
Does dobbie ever post at this new place ya got here?  If not, you should really think about inviting that melon-headed son of a bitch to join in so he can help with these recruiting battles.  If you want to win a war, your army needs to have a killer general.  Dude is a whiz.  And not a creep.

:comehere: :comehere: :comehere:
I'm back bitches, and I am not afraid to look into anything that is what makes me the best recruiter (that's not really a recruiter) of all time
Maybe you folks aren't so bad...

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 22, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
Show me.
EMAW

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 22, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
do you cruiting xperts really think that we're going to get anyone good in 11?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:01 PM »
do you cruiting xperts really think that we're going to get anyone good in 11?

Maybe 1.  I think the ideas that we will either oversign in the fall (with multiple good players) or get someone good in the spring after booting Martavious are far-fetched.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 23, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »
I just want D'Angelo Harrison.
EMAW

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 23, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »
KCPREPHOOPS

2011 Anthony Davis of Meanstreets is big, tough and explosive - May be best player in KC this week. Apparently great student too

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 24, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
EMAW

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 24, 2010, 07:53:10 PM »
Another Scout update from Vegas, this time analyzing Cunningham. Now that they've had a chance to watch him, I'll be interested to see if the Scout guys put him in their Top 100 at the end of the summer.

"Cannen Cunningham, C/PF, Brandon Bass Elite: We’d expect most high-majors in need of a big to take a tour through his gym and extend him a look-see. Cunningham is a big who prefers facing and driving to working back to the basket. Definitely more of a skill guy than a power player. There’s an element of upside to his game."

"Cannen Cunningham had Clemson’s Brad Brownell, Texas Tech’s Pat Knight and Western Kentucky’s Ken McDonald. "

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/986069.html

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 25, 2010, 03:03:14 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
No suprisingly we don't make Cook's list of 9

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/07/24/harkless-blowing-up-in-vegas/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 25, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »
Each 1 Teach 1 vs. Houston Hoops. So is Kansas (Self), Mississippi State, Kansas State, Florida, Austin Peay, LSU and many more

northstar tweet.

had to check, 'cause i couldn't think of any e1t1 or hh players that kstate recruits.  apparently, they have recruited jonathan holton of e1t1 some.  could also indicate a new name.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 26, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
Another possible big for '11 but 1st JC prospect I'm aware of(Can we really count Widgett Washington?),  played his FR yr at Cowley Co and followed Eck to Hutch where he redshirted last yr. Xavier, Cincy, and Indiana have all been named as being in heavy pursuit of him prior to this update.

"Robert Goff, PF, Hutchinson CC- Likely the top big man prospect in the junior college ranks, the Indianapolis native has really made strides under head coach Steve Eck. Explosive off the floor, he rises above the crowd for backboard shaking dunks, runs the floor and contests shots around the rim. Love the way he finishes with either hand. Among those involved or looking to be are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Florida, Alabama and Oregon."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106072

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 26, 2010, 09:05:35 AM »
Another possible big for '11 but 1st JC prospect I'm aware of(Can we really count Widgett Washington?),  played his FR yr at Cowley Co and followed Eck to Hutch where he redshirted last yr. Xavier, Cincy, and Indiana have all been named as being in heavy pursuit of him prior to this update.

"Robert Goff, PF, Hutchinson CC- Likely the top big man prospect in the junior college ranks, the Indianapolis native has really made strides under head coach Steve Eck. Explosive off the floor, he rises above the crowd for backboard shaking dunks, runs the floor and contests shots around the rim. Love the way he finishes with either hand. Among those involved or looking to be are Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, South Florida, Alabama and Oregon."

sounds like a good player, but damn, do we need to add anyone else to that class?  also from that article - how's this for a name "God's Gift Achiuwa". 

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
Considering that Goff is a JC kid and he hasn't played in an actual game in 2 years, this MIGHT be evidence that we're considering to wait until Spring to fill a scolly (AFTER we've made the decision who to run or convince to voluntarily leave.) Will definitely be interesting to see what happens to all of our HS big prospects(and all prospects for that matter) in the early period.

I guess the philosophy is "keep all of your options open at all times", especially until someone actually commits/signs in this class.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 26, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
Each 1 Teach 1 vs. Houston Hoops. So is Kansas (Self), Mississippi State, Kansas State, Florida, Austin Peay, LSU and many more

northstar tweet.

had to check, 'cause i couldn't think of any e1t1 or hh players that kstate recruits.  apparently, they have recruited jonathan holton of e1t1 some.  could also indicate a new name.

per northstar, kstate is watching e1t1 vs westchester hawks today.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 26, 2010, 12:31:07 PM »

northstar tweet.

per northstar, kstate is watching e1t1 vs westchester hawks today.
We're making a run at Austin Rivers!  :powerespect:

It's probably just as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to think we're trying to get in on Trevor Lacey. As sys opined above, the most probable suspect is Jonathan Holton.

FWIW, E1T1 is supposed to be taking on Team Takeover(DC) tonight on ESPNU at 6 CST.

Offline wabashcannonball

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »
Goff Article

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100723/SPORTS0615/7230351/1287/SPORTS/Goff-now-does-more-than-just-dunk

I like the idea of this kid since we need a power forward (hopefully Judge stays  :crossfingers:) and he's probably better than the HS prospects.

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 27, 2010, 11:34:48 AM »
watched goff play in high school. he was the leading scorer on a fairly bad team but kept them in a lot of games. real athletic kid. He would work really well in franks system. He like to get up and down in transition. Plus, he played top-notch competition in high school
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 27, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
Thanks for the scouting report GVWC. In the article wabashcannonball posted, Goff said he wants to sign early, so I guess there goes my whole "wait until late" theory!

Don't really know what's up here, especially given the recent revelation that DPete could be in play, but another JC prospect we've been after is Carlos Emory, 6'6" 225 wing from Howard(TX) JC. Originally from Minneapolis, he was a major contributor on Howard's Nat'l championship team last year. I had no idea we were recruiting him but a Scout update from 5/10 confirms we've been contacting him for awhile. From the more recent Rivals update:

"Right now I would have to say Gonzaga, Santa Clara, Baylor, Kansas State, they are showing the most interest," Emory said

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106711

Offline wabashcannonball

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 28, 2010, 06:30:59 AM »

So I know nobody wants this guy because we have too many '09 players on our roster but say what if Judge goes pro after this year (30/70 chance in my eyes). This kid looks to have Judge-ish upside, but I read he didn't start getting serious about playing basketball until he was a sophomore and still got offers from Indiana and Purdue out of high school.

Anyway, I went to his Facebook page and somehow his cell phone number wasn't hidden so I texted him. (I know that's 42's job but wth)

Me: Hey r u being recruited by kstate?

RG: Yea I am being recruited by them

Me: Alright thanks keep working hard and maybe you'll get an offer and by the way manhattan is a million times better than hutch. Good luck this yr

RG: Lol thanks

:gocho:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 28, 2010, 06:51:27 AM »

So I know nobody wants this guy because we have too many '09 players on our roster but say what if Judge goes pro after this year (30/70 chance in my eyes). This kid looks to have Judge-ish upside, but I read he didn't start getting serious about playing basketball until he was a sophomore and still got offers from Indiana and Purdue out of high school.

Anyway, I went to his Facebook page and somehow his cell phone number wasn't hidden so I texted him. (I know that's 42's job but wth)

Me: Hey r u being recruited by kstate?

RG: Yea I am being recruited by them

Me: Alright thanks keep working hard and maybe you'll get an offer and by the way manhattan is a million times better than hutch. Good luck this yr

RG: Lol thanks

:gocho:

Great work

Offline wabashcannonball

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 28, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »
Thanks, pretty sad that I subscribe to GPC and I know more about bball recruiting than the staff over there.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 28, 2010, 06:55:55 AM »
Thanks, pretty sad that I subscribe to GPC and I know more about bball recruiting than the staff over there.

Ya, you belong to a huge and growing group.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 28, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
Evan Daniels from the Desert Duel in Phoenix:

"Jerome Seagers won some coaches over on Tuesday."  :crossfingers:

Also had some interesting commentary on Jordan Williams, who has now shrunk to 6'4".  Says he shoots it well from deep off the catch, attacks the rim and is a dynamic finisher, and overall is a "high mid-major prospect if not higher"

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/987025.html