Author Topic: In Better News...  (Read 7812 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: In Better News...
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
can anyone confirm that there is going to be a heated lazy river connecting the new facility to bsfs.

I have no problem putting my reputation on the line to confirm this.  There is absolutely no doubt that this will definitely happen for sure.

Great news, thanks Chi. 

Offline poopoysters

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
can anyone confirm that there is going to be a heated lazy river connecting the new facility to bsfs.

I have no problem putting my reputation on the line to confirm this.  There is absolutely no doubt that this will definitely happen for sure.

Great news, thanks Chi. 

OMG

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »
Those who dislike Indian food: don't ever expect to be my friend.  K?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2010, 10:49:05 PM »
Those who dislike Indian food: don't ever expect to be my friend.  K?

Mother in-law makes the best Indian food ever.

Be Jealous. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
Got to see the renderings for the new practice facility tonight.  I don't think they are supposed to be shown to public until Madness.   :dunno:  Anyways....lets just say if I was a coach and knew this was to be finished by Winter of 2012, I would be passing out the renderings to every 5* recruit I'd love to have on my team.

This thing is sexy.  $20 million seems like it will get you a pretty bad ass practice facility.

:bball: 

Sounds amazing.  Draw us a mental picture from what you remember seeing.  TIA.

The building will be located on the Northeast side of Bramlage (where are the students wait in line for games).  Technically, the practice facility is not connected to Bramlage, but with the courtyard it kind of looks like it is. 

The complex will be two stories tall.  Like the recreation complex, the court part of the complex will be two stories (makes sense).  The courts will run North and South, and they will be surrounded by weight rooms, classrooms, offices, etc. on both the first and 2nd floor.  Dividing the two courts will be a covered walkway/hallway to the other side for access to 2nd level offices etc.  This walkway will be all glass windows so people can also observe practices of both courts. 

Construction is expected to be completed by Winter of 2012.

Also...there are claw marks through the centers of each court (whether that design holds or not is to be seen).

please tell me the men's and woman's offices, meeting rooms, etc are separate (or at least very very far apart)?!?!?!   I don't want deb and her estro-ballers making our junkyard gatos any less fierce, adorable, or more layup-y.

TIA
I'm purple down

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 01:19:19 PM »
I hear the new facility will be separate but equal .  . . that's separate but equal.

No doubt Frank doesn't want that crazy woman anywhere close to him, his staff or his players.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2010, 07:42:40 PM »
I've had six orgasms reading this thread
emaw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »

yep. the heated lazy is going to be the sh1t.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:46:28 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »

yep. the heated lazy is going to be the crap.

that was it for me, after that I just passed out in my own semen
emaw

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »

Quit ignoring Saul's post about Indian food, dumbass.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2010, 08:10:50 PM »

i like some of it and don't like some of it. i like the glop that is darker in color and kind of spicy and don't really care for the glop that is yellow. i would not ever really be able to order of a menu at an indian food place but if there is a buffet type thing thing i can stick to my system and make it out ok.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »

i like some of it and don't like some of it. i like the glop that is darker in color and kind of spicy and don't really care for the glop that is yellow. i would not ever really be able to order of a menu at an indian food place but if there is a buffet type thing thing i can stick to my system and make it out ok.
Kind of funny how people can't remember names of things on the indian buffet.  All my "buds" say "the orange stuff" or the "yellow stuff". They call the bread tortillas, or pitas.  Then again, they are dumbasses.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »

Kind of funny how people can't remember names of things on the indian buffet.  All my "buds" say "the orange stuff" or the "yellow stuff". They call the bread tortillas, or pitas.  Then again, they are dumbasses.

speaking of things that suck, how about the globe. don't get me started.  :flush:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:31 AM »
This elite facility is going to reel in some elite recruits.
EMAW

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
Got to see the renderings for the new practice facility tonight.  I don't think they are supposed to be shown to public until Madness.   :dunno:  Anyways....lets just say if I was a coach and knew this was to be finished by Winter of 2012, I would be passing out the renderings to every 5* recruit I'd love to have on my team.

This thing is sexy.  $20 million seems like it will get you a pretty bad ass practice facility.

:bball: 

Sounds amazing.  Draw us a mental picture from what you remember seeing.  TIA.

The building will be located on the Northeast side of Bramlage (where are the students wait in line for games).  Technically, the practice facility is not connected to Bramlage, but with the courtyard it kind of looks like it is. 

The complex will be two stories tall.  Like the recreation complex, the court part of the complex will be two stories (makes sense).  The courts will run North and South, and they will be surrounded by weight rooms, classrooms, offices, etc. on both the first and 2nd floor.  Dividing the two courts will be a covered walkway/hallway to the other side for access to 2nd level offices etc.  This walkway will be all glass windows so people can also observe practices of both courts. 

Construction is expected to be completed by Winter of 2012.

Also...there are claw marks through the centers of each court (whether that design holds or not is to be seen).

please tell me the men's and woman's offices, meeting rooms, etc are separate (or at least very very far apart)?!?!?!   I don't want deb and her estro-ballers making our junkyard gatos any less fierce, adorable, or more layup-y.

TIA

For $20 mill I would hope they are far apart.  But in all seriousness I can't remember.  I would hope the designer had that thought in his/her head at the time. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DOOM_Catz

• Combo-Fan
  • EMAW said we ain't losin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
I hear the new facility will be separate but equal .  . . that's separate but equal.

No doubt Frank doesn't want that crazy woman anywhere close to him, his staff or his players.

I wouldn't either! Did you see her hiding those dead eyes to the public at Madness last night?! Really creeped me out  :horrorsurprise:
“I'm grossly overpaid for what I do." - LHC Bill Snyder, April 17th, 2013