Author Topic: In Better News...  (Read 7810 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
In Better News...
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:55 PM »
Got to see the renderings for the new practice facility tonight.  I don't think they are supposed to be shown to public until Madness.   :dunno:  Anyways....lets just say if I was a coach and knew this was to be finished by Winter of 2012, I would be passing out the renderings to every 5* recruit I'd love to have on my team.

This thing is sexy.  $20 million seems like it will get you a pretty bad ass practice facility.

:bball: 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: In Better News...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:38:10 AM »
I'll take my metal shed in West Ames!!! Hilton Magic baby!!!!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
Got to see the renderings for the new practice facility tonight.  I don't think they are supposed to be shown to public until Madness.   :dunno:  Anyways....lets just say if I was a coach and knew this was to be finished by Winter of 2012, I would be passing out the renderings to every 5* recruit I'd love to have on my team.

This thing is sexy.  $20 million seems like it will get you a pretty bad ass practice facility.

Sounds amazing.  Draw us a mental picture from what you remember seeing.  TIA.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:49:45 AM »
I'm guessing it will suck or be embarrassing in typical KSTATEO fashion.

Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:20:16 AM »

Sounds amazing.  Draw us a mental picture from what you remember seeing.  TIA.

The building will be located on the Northeast side of Bramlage (where are the students wait in line for games).  Technically, the practice facility is not connected to Bramlage, but with the courtyard it kind of looks like it is. 

The complex will be two stories tall.  Like the recreation complex, the court part of the complex will be two stories (makes sense).  The courts will run North and South, and they will be surrounded by weight rooms, classrooms, offices, etc. on both the first and 2nd floor.  Dividing the two courts will be a covered walkway/hallway to the other side for access to 2nd level offices etc.  This walkway will be all glass windows so people can also observe practices of both courts. 

Construction is expected to be completed by Winter of 2012.

Also...there are claw marks through the centers of each court (whether that design holds or not is to be seen).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »
Also...there are claw marks through the centers of each court (whether that design holds or not is to be seen).

I'm guessing it will suck or be embarrassing in typical KSTATEO fashion.

:frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:19 AM »
hard to believe that Midnight Madness in MHK is only a week away.  nothing makes me happier than to rub crap like this in combo's and fb only fans faces.  drink it up boys, drink it up.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 08:39:11 AM »
Why didn't you snap a pic of the renderings with your cell phone camera?  Why are you so selfish?  At  least tell me what the renderings were like.  Was it sketch-y, or was it like computer animated?  Please tell me it wasn't cartoon-y like ISU's renderings.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »
Why didn't you snap a pic of the renderings with your cell phone camera?  Why are you so selfish?  At  least tell me what the renderings were like.  Was it sketch-y, or was it like computer animated?  Please tell me it wasn't cartoon-y like ISU's renderings.

Nicely digitally animated.  Definitely not cartoon-y.  I thought about taking snaps but didn't want to over-step the privilege of seeing them in the first place. 

Also included comments from Frank, Jacob, Deb,etc.. on what they thought of the practice facility.  J.P. was pretty much like "Yea...I'll be coming home to practice here in the off season." 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

Nicely digitally animated.  Definitely not cartoon-y.  I thought about taking snaps but didn't want to over-step the privilege of seeing them in the first place. 

Also included comments from Frank, Jacob, Deb,etc.. on what they thought of the practice facility.  J.P. was pretty much like "Yea...I'll be coming home to practice here in the off season." 

Wow.  Tell us more.  Describe the building materials.  Give us more detail about the animation.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:17 AM »

Wow.  Tell us more.  Describe the building materials.  Give us more detail about the animation.

Limestone on the outside (shocking right?)  It also has a modern look to it.  Nice Purple lighted sign on front entrance that will say "Kansas State Basketball." 

Most importantly....this is all funded by private donors.  Every...one...last...dime.

The $50 million we're getting from the state will go directly to the football complex.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
Oh also,

There will be banners/paint all around the courts calling out NCAA appearances etc...

This place looks very classy. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »
Maybe this will put in better perspective:

Think Alumni Center near old stadium on the inside.....with two basketball courts.

Everything looked carpeted.  No crappy tile FWIW.  Nice wide open training/locker rooms. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Claw marks like these?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
Claw marks like these?

Yes exactly actually, except in the middle circle.  Like I said, court design probably hasn't decided but that's what they put in the rendering.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »
Claw marks like these?

Yes exactly actually, except in the middle circle.  Like I said, court design probably hasn't decided but that's what they put in the rendering.

:horrorsurprise: <--minus surprise
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:21:32 PM by CNS Casey »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »
If putting Claw marks on the center circle is the only thing they kstateo up, then i'm happy. So rough ridin' happy.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

Was expecting this response sooner, but nonetheless I was too excited to not share.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »

Was expecting this response sooner, but nonetheless I was too excited to not share.

Let the haters hate.  Your words description painted an amazing picture in my mind.  Renderings at this point are unnecessary.

Offline ksu1982

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

doesn't really show alot but here is a sketch

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »
claw marks and carpet.  you can take the trailer park off campus, but you can't take the trailer park out of kstaters.  probably nasty powercat circleheads all over the place too.

courtyard sounds nice, though.  i bet a lot of dumbass shirtucks fought long and hard against it.  thank god for fire codes or whatever the eff it is that made them put it in.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »

looks amazing

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

Yup thx for posting that.  

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
claw marks and carpet.  you can take the trailer park off campus, but you can't take the trailer park out of kstaters.  probably nasty powercat circleheads all over the place too.

courtyard sounds nice, though.  i bet a lot of dumbass shirtucks fought long and hard against it.  thank god for fire codes or whatever the eff it is that made them put it in.

I expect lots of brass and woodgrain