Author Topic: In Better News...  (Read 7811 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: In Better News...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 03:11:37 PM »
claw marks and carpet.  you can take the trailer park off campus, but you can't take the trailer park out of kstaters.  probably nasty powercat circleheads all over the place too.

courtyard sounds nice, though.  i bet a lot of dumbass shirtucks fought long and hard against it.  thank god for fire codes or whatever the foooock it is that made them put it in.

I expect lots of brass and woodgrain

If renderings hold true, it's very modern and "Green" looking.  Glass is good.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
Will the new practice facility come equipped with an integrated defense system?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »
Will the new practice facility come equipped with an integrated defense system?

Dunno, but I would love to throw in a Cuban restaurant.  Seems only right.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »

the description of alumni center w. a 2 bball courts was very scary.  that's an ass explosion of a building.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 03:18:08 PM »

doesn't really show alot but here is a sketch

Where did you get the sketch, if you don't mind my asking

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »

the description of alumni center w. a 2 bball courts was very scary.  that's an ass explosion of a building.

My bad.  Guess you'll just have to wait until Madness?

FWIW, the office/training facilities/etc. are located on the east and west side of the complex only.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »

Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »

Best not to ask those questions.

Best for him not to answer.

Offline ksu1982

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
I just copied it off of the scout site.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »

:horrorsurprise:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
Just as good or better than this:

http://www.hokiesports.com/facilities/hahnhurst.html

We are spending just as much as they did, and we live in the midwest.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »
 :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 04:19:41 PM »
 :excited:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »
EMAW'd in my pants after seeing this.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »
I know a guy in Canada, you don't know him so don't bother asking who he is....well he showed several of us a portion of the renderings as well.  

This thing is sweet.  I posted in an earlier thread about this, but it's like limestone, exposed steel, and kickass lighting all over the place. It's going to such a vast improvement over what we have now, that it's surreal.  

FANTASTIC JOB by the designers of this thing, and by Currie, Veatch and the gang for getting this done. :kstatriot:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
I know a guy in Canada, you don't know him so don't bother asking who he is....well he showed several of us a portion of the renderings as well. 

This thing is sweet.  I posted in an earlier thread about this, but it's like limestone, exposed steel, and kickass lighting all over the place. It's going to such a vast improvement over what we have now, that it's surreal. 

FANTASTIC JOB by the designers of this thing, and by Currie, Veatch and the gang for getting this done. :kstatriot:

have i told you about my complete currie180? still don't like the seasoning though. yeah, they're spelled differently. i know.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

This thing is sweet.  I posted in an earlier thread about this, but it's like limestone, exposed steel, and kickass lighting all over the place. It's going to such a vast improvement over what we have now, that it's surreal. 

have i told you about my complete currie180? still don't like the seasoning though. yeah, they're spelled differently. i know.

I have a TON of respect for the sophistication of your taste pallet.  Believe me, I do.  I just feel like you really haven't given quality Indian food a shot.  Basically, I think I can completely change your mind of the seasoning version of Currie(sp?) if you give me a chance.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »

I have a TON of respect for the sophistication of your taste pallet.  Believe me, I do.  I just feel like you really haven't given quality Indian food a shot.  Basically, I think I can completely change your mind of the seasoning version of Currie(sp?) if you give me a chance.

are you proposing a double currie180? basically a currie360? i'm not sure about this.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »

are you proposing a double currie180? basically a currie360? i'm not sure about this.

Yes I am. 

Look, just give both an honest shot.  You don't like it?  BOOM, currie720. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »

Yes I am. 

Look, just give both an honest shot.  You don't like it?  BOOM, currie720. 

:runaway:

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Do you guys think this practice facility could cause upperclassmen to resent the younger guys that will have access to better facilities and will surely make better money in the NBA because of it, thus causing a serious rift in team camaraderie?     :ohno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 07:52:13 PM »
Do you guys think this practice facility could cause upperclassmen to resent the younger guys that will have access to better facilities and will surely make better money in the NBA because of it, thus causing a serious rift in team camaraderie?     :ohno:

Fair question.  No easy answers.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
There is only one option for the floors. Move OOD's floor to girls practice gym. Get new floor for MBB gym. Octowood in OOD. Has to be that way or KITNfury will always have a little dead part in his heart.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
can anyone confirm that there is going to be a heated lazy river connecting the new facility to bsfs.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
can anyone confirm that there is going to be a heated lazy river connecting the new facility to bsfs.

I have no problem putting my reputation on the line to confirm this.  There is absolutely no doubt that this will definitely happen for sure.