Author Topic: Say it ain't so, LaceDarius.  (Read 9587 times)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Say it ain't so, LaceDarius.
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
I bet Drew gets him back on the court. Its lil' Scotty's job on the line if he doesn't.

Drew=BITB

Calipari is probably reading this story and doing a little *fist pump.....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:13:44 PM by Bookcat »

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
Baylor's a Southern Baptist college. Southern Baptists preach that wives must submit to their husbands, and may not leave them in cases of abuse. Maybe if Baylor didn't teach hatred of women, their male students wouldn't feel justified in breaking their girlfriends' faces.

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 09:37:12 PM »
for craps sake its not like he shot her taking target practice or something.   :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »

the drewizard better get to work.  TO THE BEAR CAVE!!!!  :cheese:
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Odd1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 10:56:20 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5652481

Edwards' lawyer, Jason Darling, said the victim and her family were "extremely disappointed" at the felony charge against Dunn. Darling said his client did not want to pursue charges and plans to file an affidavit of non-prosecution in an attempt to get the charges dismissed.

Darling acknowledged that Dunn did indeed punch his client in the face one time after "she got up in his face arguing."

Darling said he believed the case merited nothing more than a misdemeanor charge against Dunn based on the injuries his client sustained. He said she suffered "two minor fractures in her jaw" that were treated with "minor day surgery." He said there was minor swelling and that her jaw was not wired shut, and reports of loose or missing teeth were inaccurate.

:surprised:  (still like this one best)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5652481

Edwards' lawyer, Jason Darling, said the victim and her family were "extremely disappointed" at the felony charge against Dunn. Darling said his client did not want to pursue charges and plans to file an affidavit of non-prosecution in an attempt to get the charges dismissed.

Darling acknowledged that Dunn did indeed punch his client in the face one time after "she got up in his face arguing."

Darling said he believed the case merited nothing more than a misdemeanor charge against Dunn based on the injuries his client sustained. He said she suffered "two minor fractures in her jaw" that were treated with "minor day surgery." He said there was minor swelling and that her jaw was not wired shut, and reports of loose or missing teeth were inaccurate.

:surprised:  (still like this one best)

Minor my ass...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »
Just got around to going over to BaylorFans, some pretty  :horrorsurprise::lol: stuff over there...

so hitting a woman is the worst thing in the world and you should go the hell for it, got it.

It is a bad thing, but on a scale of relative evils, there is much worse. The baylor bubble needs a reality check. Anyone been to the middle east? Apparently you can kill your wife if she is an adulterer not to mention beating the crap out of her whenever you want. The law will support you, plus if a woman is raped then it is gang bang time for everyone because she was asking for it. I'm not kidding. How about India. China?? Travel a little people. This is a crime but it is not an unforgivable crime.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
 :lol:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Just got around to going over to BaylorFans, some pretty  :horrorsurprise::lol: stuff over there...

so hitting a woman is the worst thing in the world and you should go the hell for it, got it.

It is a bad thing, but on a scale of relative evils, there is much worse. The baylor bubble needs a reality check. Anyone been to the middle east? Apparently you can kill your wife if she is an adulterer not to mention beating the crap out of her whenever you want. The law will support you, plus if a woman is raped then it is gang bang time for everyone because she was asking for it. I'm not kidding. How about India. China?? Travel a little people. This is a crime but it is not an unforgivable crime.

this is Texas Groupthink at its best.  fuckin  :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
What recruit want's to end up at a school that has a reputation for not giving second chances? If I'm a recruit, I think I'd be very hesitant to know that all I have to do is make one bad decision or lose my cool once and it could potentially have major ramifications on my ability to play at the next level (which they all think they will)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »
turns out, the hospital was incompetent, her jaw wasn't even broken.  bet they feel dumb for putting in the screws.  lacharlesla should sue them to hell and back.

My family and I are deeply disturbed about the misinformation and half truths that are being reported by media regarding the incident with my boyfriend (LaceDarious Dunn). He has never struck me during our long term relationship. What happened on the night of September 27 was an accident and I went to the hospital for precautionary reasons. I never expressed any interest in pressing charges nor will I in the future press charges on this incident. I am fine and my jaw is not broken as is being reported. My family and I wish to put this situation behind us. Lace and I will continue our relationship and raising our son in a good environment.  I respectfully request that the District Attorney's Office dismiss these charges, and further request that Baylor University lift their suspension.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
I don't know what to believe!?!   :runaway: :runaway:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
What recruit want's to end up at a school that has a reputation for not giving second chances? If I'm a recruit, I think I'd be very hesitant to know that all I have to do is make one bad decision or lose my cool once and it could potentially have major ramifications on my ability to play at the next level (which they all think they will)

Amen

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
turns out, the hospital was incompetent, her jaw wasn't even broken.  bet they feel dumb for putting in the screws.  lacharlesla should sue them to hell and back.

My family and I are deeply disturbed about the misinformation and half truths that are being reported by media regarding the incident with my boyfriend (LaceDarious Dunn). He has never struck me during our long term relationship. What happened on the night of September 27 was an accident and I went to the hospital for precautionary reasons. I never expressed any interest in pressing charges nor will I in the future press charges on this incident. I am fine and my jaw is not broken as is being reported. My family and I wish to put this situation behind us. Lace and I will continue our relationship and raising our son in a good environment.  I respectfully request that the District Attorney's Office dismiss these charges, and further request that Baylor University lift their suspension.

It's bastards like this that are driving up all of our health care costs.  They should be made an example of.

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 11:37:18 AM »
So, her jaw was broken one day and completely fine the next.. or it never happened.  :flush:
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
Just get him to the Association ASAP and all will be forgiven.
Mommy, daddy, and Lace will all be happy.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »
jfc, when did baylor hire lew perkins? :love:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »
Lew must be going into biz for himself as a cleaner/consultant.

Pretty good idea, imo.

Income potential is off the charts.

He is pulling the Bob Huggins, only the AD version. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »

ALL THE PEOPLE THAT PLAN ON HITTING THEIR GIRLFRIENDS WILL NOT CONSIDER OUR UNIVERSITY!! OH NOES!!!!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »
Not only does Waco have cops that lie, the doctors are in on it too.  

Offline Odd1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »
Her lawyer is incompetent, too.  It was clearly an accident when "Dunn did indeed punch his client in the face one time after she got up in his face arguing."  She should sue the hell out of her own lawyer for reporting those lies.   

Seriously, though.  How many times will the story change, and who do they think will believe these altered versions?  Regardless of whether the charges get dropped, the story has pretty much been laid out there by the police, victim (at times), her attorney, etc.  What does Drew do if the charges get dropped?  Tricky situation.  If they go the "It was an accident, there was no intended physical harm" route, then they really can't suspend him for any games.  After all, it was just an accident.  The backlash from that would be great.  If they admit that he punched her on purpose (hard enough to fracture her jaw in two places) it seems the suspension would have to be for more than just a couple games.  Suspended for non-con?  I dunno.  It almost seems like it has to be no suspension or a major suspension.   :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »
Great job by the family and Drew. 

The PROPER and PRUDENT move by any battered woman in this situation is to do EXACTLY as she is doing....ensure your revenue stream is taken care of.  Getting him into the NBA is what she owes her child at this point.

If another event ever happens again, you have "priors" in place now to increase future punishment.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
Here's what i wanna know. Who punches harder...Dunn or Griner?

- chunkles

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »
Nevermind the woman battering thing. Did Baylor know that Dunn has at least one child outside the sacred bonds of wedlock?!  :runaway: