Author Topic: Destination: SALINA!  (Read 28907 times)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Destination: SALINA!
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »
Didn't know "black dudes" was :opcat:

Also didn't know it was :opcat: to be a little suspicious of strangers blazing up on your porch in the middle of the night, especially when you live in a crap part of town and they were looking for the local dealer

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
shacks, on a related note, i don't think i even knew what an m4 was until like counterstrike maybe (sounds like a gun in there?).  did you guys seriously have one of those as (pre)undergrads?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »
shacks, on a related note, i don't think i even knew what an m4 was until like counterstrike maybe (sounds like a gun in there?).  did you guys seriously have one of those as (pre)undergrads?

My roommate who bought it was recently graduated and had a decent FT job to save up for it.  All I have is a cheapo shotgun and an old bolt-action .22 rifle.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2013, 05:56:30 PM »

My roommate who bought it was recently graduated and had a decent FT job to save up for it.  All I have is a cheapo shotgun and an old bolt-action .22 rifle.

thats pretty impressive, shacks.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »

thats pretty impressive, shacks.

For living in Salina, it is

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
:lol:

City meeting takes paranormal turn

A Salina city commissioner’s dead father believes the city commissioner should keep his mouth shut, according to Salinan Ray Hruska.

Hruska brought a Ouija Board to the city commission’s meeting Monday a week after he and Commissioner Aaron Householter argued over Householter’s behavior on the commission, where Hruska threatened to call Householter’s mother. Later in the meeting, Hruska threatened to call Householter’s dad.

“Householter then said his father was deceased and Ouija Board would be required to contact him,” Hruska said, and picked up a Ouija Board in a Sears bag. “So, contact using this Ouija Board was made and it responded, ‘Aaron, keep quiet.’”
"Sir, you didn't know my dad or you would know he wouldn't say that," Householter said.

Householter attempted to shut Hruska down and asked Mayor Barb Shirley to end Hruska’s turn at the microphone
“I wasn’t going to say this but your granddaddy said, ‘keep quiet,’ too,” Hruska said.

Householter asked Shirley how much longer Hruska would be allowed to speak. Shirley said it was time to move on.
“Aaron, you’re the quintessential tyrant, that is attracted to control,” Hruska said.

Householter said Hruska "harasses the commission" and only provides misinformation to people about issues.

Shirley asked for the next person to come up to the podium.

http://www.salina.com/news/Ouijaboard

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
:lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2013, 09:39:46 PM »
Glad to see you guys didn't refute my claim "Best Ace in the world." 

On a related note to the neighborhood, there is a very obvious hoarder within a few blocks of there.  Like visible from the street at 40mph obvious. 

ALSO!  The few times I've been in that gun shop that has old broken down boats in front of it....well I walk in swearing I'm going to swindle that old codger out of something valuable, but all he has is crap anyway. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
Glad to see you guys didn't refute my claim "Best Ace in the world." 

On a related note to the neighborhood, there is a very obvious hoarder within a few blocks of there.  Like visible from the street at 40mph obvious. 

ALSO!  The few times I've been in that gun shop that has old broken down boats in front of it....well I walk in swearing I'm going to swindle that old codger out of something valuable, but all he has is crap anyway. 

Cleve's is a fine Salina institution.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »
Salina is getting a BREWERY. Blue Skye Brewery and Eats downtown.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
http://salinapost.com/2013/08/14/new-restaurant-coming-to-salina/

Salina is expanding at a rapid rate and is receiving many new restaurants due to our growth. Over the last few years we have gotten a Starbucks, Long Horn Steak House and Olive Garden. Adding to our new list of restaurants is Buffalo Wild Wings. Its location will be just south of Long Horn Steak House.

rumblings the UFC circle beat up all the other circles on the feasibility venn diagram, leaving no other choice

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »

Salina is expanding at a rapid rate and is receiving many new restaurants due to our growth. Over the last few years we have gotten a Starbucks, Long Horn Steak House and Olive Garden. Adding to our new list of restaurants is Buffalo Wild Wings. Its location will be just south of Long Horn Steak House.

man o man! south ninth is getting to be as nice as wannamaker!  :excited:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »

man o man! south ninth is getting to be as nice as wannamaker!  :excited:

Red Lobster. Also, either luked the exact thing tobias posted or you forgot to quote.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
Some days I miss Kansas, some days I don't.

Reading this thread;  chalk it up as a "don't miss" day

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
Going to a wedding in Salina next month, Never been except for stopping at Petro 2 off I70.

Is it true that people only travel in groups of 4+ after dark for safety reasons?

Thanks, I'll listen off air.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »

i'll pass this along to the tourism board and see if we can get this posted as an IRL "THE WORD"

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »

i'll pass this along to the tourism board and see if we can get this posted as an IRL "THE WORD"

I thought salina was trying to turn the smokey hill river into a San Antonio-style river walk. Big tourism boom inbound.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »

I thought salina was trying to turn the smokey hill river into a San Antonio-style river walk. Big tourism boom inbound.

lol. JC had the same plans!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2014, 05:01:05 PM »
After approval from the Kansas Board of Regents on March 12, the building simply known as Residence Hall for the last 20 years on the campus of Kansas State University Salina will now be called Schilling Hall.

The change comes after several students expressed their confusion over the literally named Residence Hall, saying an actual name would make it easier to distinguish between it and K-State Salina's other residence hall, Harbin Hall. The Student Governing Association, or SGA, then solicited name suggestions from the student body, and the K-State Salina Student Senate voted on the final decision. Schilling Hall was chosen as a nod to the past when the campus was first Schilling Air Force Base and later Schilling Institute.

Once Verna Fitzsimmons, CEO and dean of K-State Salina, approved the residence hall name change, it was submitted to the Kansas Board of Regents to become official.

Tyler Lewis, Student Governing Association president and senior in aeronautical technology, is pleased the students' hard work paid off.

"Usually when SGA makes small changes around the campus, we only need approval from the dean. But for our efforts to be recognized by the Kansas Board of Regents, it's really exciting. This reinforces the power that a student's voice can have," Lewis said.

The suite-style residence hall was built in 1994 and accommodates around 100 students. To compliment the new name, Schilling Hall also will be undergoing renovations, though the K-State Salina Residence Hall Association would first like the community's suggestions. On Wednesday, March 26, the association will offer a walk-through of an upgraded room in Harbin Hall from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feedback about the renovations is encouraged.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
YOU'RE NEXT, DINING HALL

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
Gonna be in salina next week for a young professionals thing, any other goE's gonna be there? The animal and Bernadette gray little are coming too, any questions I should ask?
I'm purple down

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »
have heard from an a+ source that BGL is not a very nice person and gets visibly annoyed if she has to share an elevator with someone.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »
have heard from an a+ source that BGL is not a very nice person and gets visibly annoyed if she has to share an elevator with someone.
Well do my best to share an elevator with her, any other salina pro tips?
I'm purple down

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »
is it at the bicentennial center next thursday?  if that's the thing, i won't be attending... you going up yourself, looking for places to eat etc?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
scheme pizza is open thursday nights :eye: