Author Topic: BMW make excuses and/or throw Gill and KU football under the bus thread.  (Read 6221 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So the KU swagger lasted all but one game and now like the rest of the denizens of KU fandom our friend BMW is sure to be ready to join the fray.   Share with us your thoughts on the current affairs of upper-trampstamp football after Friday nights loss to the Fighting Bret Favres.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline badnewsjimmy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BMW make excuses and/or throw Gill and KU football under the bus thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »
Rock chauk.........

They played in the rock...

Must have mumped up their karma.

bnj

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »
 :cheese:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 03:32:08 AM »
does suck for Ben. Did not even get a full 7 days to enjoy their first win out of the last ten games. At least with Prince we got to enjoy our Texas victories for a full week before we sucked again.
RIP Fatty

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
ku is super duper slow.  That's why they lost.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
The blocked punt for a TD right before half was the difference in the game, imo.  I actually liked the adjustments that KU's coaching staff made at halftime. 

:dunno:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »
The blocked punt for a TD right before half was the difference in the game, imo.  I actually liked the adjustments that KU's coaching staff made at halftime. 

Which adjustments?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »

Which adjustments?

More blitz packages on defense, which forced the Southern Miss QB to make quick decisions.  Southern Miss went three-and-out on their first two drives of the 2nd half.  Also, KU's offense scored a TD on their first drive of the 2nd half.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

Which adjustments?

More blitz packages on defense, which forced the Southern Miss QB to make quick decisions.  Southern Miss went three-and-out on their first two drives of the 2nd half.  Also, KU's offense scored a TD on their first drive of the 2nd half.

That, and the fact that KU has a really, really bad football team.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

Which adjustments?

KU's football team is young and inexperienced, with freshman and sophomores all across the board.  They've got talent, as we saw against Georgia Tech.  They're just going through a learning process right now. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »

Which adjustments?

KU's football team is young and inexperienced, with freshman and sophomores all across the board.  They've got talent, as we saw against Georgia Tech.  They're just going through a learning process right now. 

You saw talent against Tech?  I saw 2 bad football teams.  One highly overrated bad football team and one bad football team that lost their previous game to another bad football team.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »

Which adjustments?

You saw talent against Tech?  I saw 2 bad football teams.  One highly overrated bad football team and one bad football team that lost their previous game to another bad football team.

Georgia Tech was ranked in the top 15 and won 11 games last season. 

:rolleyes:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »

Which adjustments?

The Yellow Jackets had four key juniors enter this year's NFL draft: receiver Demaryius Thomas, running back Jonathan Dwyer, safety Morgan Burnett and defensive end Derrick Morgan. That leaves coach Paul Johnson having to replace his leading receiver and rusher and defensive big-play leaders in interceptions and sacks.

They sure looked like a top 15 team today against UNC.   :rolleyes:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

Which adjustments?

Good point. That's why the 2009 Jayhawks didn't actually suck...because they were ok in 2008.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »
Now just tell me that UCLA >>> Georgia Tech, and your invalidation/powerespect session will be complete.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »
Quote from: BMWJhawk
You guys just can't handle the fact that KU Georgia Tech has a top 15 football team.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
Now just tell me that UCLA >>> Georgia Tech, and your invalidation/powerespect session will be complete.

Lew is building a monster!!!    :runaway:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »

He was AD during a period of time when KU won a BCS Bowl and a National Championship.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »
MONSTER!!!!!

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

He was AD during a period of time when KU won a BCS Bowl and a National Championship.

Did he take that banner with him when he resigned in shame, or are you guys still hanging it?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

We know UCLA sucked, notice we didnt storm the field after the W.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

We know UCLA sucked, notice we didnt storm the field after the W.

Rumblings that Winters did.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »
UCLA currently up 14-3 on the most electric, high-powered offense in college football.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
UCLA currently up 14-3 on the most electric, high-powered offense in college football.

Make that 21-3 at half. Sorry Ben.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
Building presumes that the "monster" part will continue.

Nothing about going 2-9 in the last 11 games says "building" or "monster". 

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:54:14 PM by sonofdaxjones »