Author Topic: Farmaggedon suckage....  (Read 22455 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Farmaggedon suckage....
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »
I think KU played OU at Arrowhead once, or something ridiculous like that.

Yeah, back in '05. It was weird.

So what happens if/when the Big 12 requires a neutral site game? Looks like bridges have been burned with K-State and the Kansas City Chiefs.

May the bridges we burn light the way.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 12:17:45 AM »
I think KU played OU at Arrowhead once, or something ridiculous like that.

Yeah, back in '05. It was weird.

So what happens if/when the Big 12 requires a neutral site game? Looks like bridges have been burned with K-State and the Kansas City Chiefs.

May the bridges we burn light the way.

...all the way to the Metrodome. They have this like totally awesome mall there!!!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »
Hav's don't start pulling this, "oh but you see our Alumni base in Chicago, and the Twin Cities and other global locations  just isn't that excited about Kansas City . . .  :blah: :blah: :blah:"   

Dude, we're talking about a fanbase that goes absolutely insane over f'ing Kelly's Bar . . . Kelly's.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 06:40:39 AM »
This is what you get when your alumni base is poor and lazy.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
i'm going and willing to pay a ton of money for great seats  :party:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »
Hav's don't start pulling this, "oh but you see our Alumni base in Chicago, and the Twin Cities and other global locations  just isn't that excited about Kansas City . . .  :blah: :blah: :blah:"   

Dude, we're talking about a fanbase that goes absolutely insane over f'ing Kelly's Bar . . . Kelly's.

Westport has gotten pretty bad in the last few years. I'll admit. A lot of people have a good time when they go there though.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »

Westport has gotten pretty bad in the last few years. I'll admit. A lot of people have a good time when they go there though.

I enjoy Ernie Biggs....always have a good time.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2010, 08:35:05 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:20 AM »
There will be a decent walk up crowd.  A large number of iowans don't have computers/phones.

This.

A Large majority of Mexico is more technologically advanced than Iowa.

Go to Mx, get wifi free in room.

Go to Iowa, no cell sig, not wifi, nothing.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »
There will be a decent walk up crowd.  A large number of iowans don't have computers/phones.

This.

I guess none of you follow me on twitter. The worst reception I have ever had is on I-70 between Topeka and the LHC Bill Snyder Memorial Highway.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »

This.

I guess none of you follow me on twitter. The worst reception I have ever had is on I-70 between Topeka and the LHC Bill Snyder Memorial Highway.
Why would you need reception. That is like the most beautiful area in the Midwest.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 10:10:56 AM »

i'm holding out for a hero.  c'mon Carsy  :pray:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Farmaggeddon is kinda funny and I'll be there saturday, but it has to go. Nobody is going to pay big money to see us play ISU in Arrowhead. When we were good and played Iowa there in 2003 or whatever the tickets practically sold out in 5 minutes. If we are gonna do a KC game, and I'd definitely like us to, we have to find a better opponent than freakin IOWA STATE.

When Weiser was here, everybody complained that he wasn't doing anything for the KC market. Now K-State plays multiple games in the KC area every year, and yet nobody in KC shows up to the games. In either sport. The one KC game by K-State that was well supported at all was Beasley's year vs a crapty opponent. Every other game has been terrible in fan support.

So you're saying that K-State needs to find better opponents — my response is you had best show up to the Sprint Center MBB games this year, esp the UNLV game. Because from the K-State AthDept perspective, there is growing sentiment that spending time and $$ in KC is a waste since nobody goes to games there. If the UNLV games draws poorly, combined with the ISU games, I wouldn't be surprised if K-State does Wichita games and no more KC games.

I agree, ISU should be on campus. But KC people or pro-KC exposure people need to realize that K-State has made a concerted effort in that market the last few years, and KC Cat fans have not responded. At all. Support the Cats, and go the f'n game

:kstatriot:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »
This year's CBE is going to be amazing. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »
keep the ISU game in KC.  it's the only thing that makes this match-up interesting.  tia

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

This.

Tweeting while driving!   :nono: :nono: :nono:  That's against the law.  You know what the cops say, "Over the limit, under arrest."  That means you Havs!
3021  RIP

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 11:09:04 AM »
I live in KC and I'm not paying 60 bones to watch the game.*

craigslist.  scalper. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »
From what I've heard, Iowa State was asked to do this  by Kansas State, and it was a good short-time deal for Iowa State to reach out to our Kansas City area alumni.

Yeah, we definately should have played this game in Minnesota or Illinois.  Really, I can't imagine a better venue for a Big XII game. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
From what I've heard, Iowa State was asked to do this  by Kansas State, and it was a good short-time deal for Iowa State to reach out to our Kansas City area alumni.

Yeah, we definately should have played this game in Minnesota or Illinois.  Really, I can't imagine a better venue for a Big XII game. 

We should play them where ever the Big 10 championship game is and rub it in Nebraska's face about playing there before they do.  :driving:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 11:21:18 AM »
About half the K-State people I know are going, and about half I know aren't going, and for those that aren't going, their excuses suck.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
About half the K-State people I know are going, and about half I know aren't going, and for those that aren't going, their excuses suck.

If half of the K-State people I knew were going, that would be a big improvement. Seriously, the majority of our fanbase just sucks.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

Our fanbase is starting to act like KU's.  

JoCo soccer games?  GMAFB

Farmer's Market?  There are other weekends

Too early?  Nut up lazy shits

Too expensive?  $20 won't even buy you a full tank of gas

Parking too expensive?  Yea maybe but it's called carpooling.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 11:29:36 AM »

Our fanbase is starting to act like KU's.  

JoCo soccer games?  GMAFB

Farmer's Market?  There are other weekends

Too early?  Nut up lazy fecess

Too expensive?  $20 won't even buy you a full tank of gas

Parking too expensive?  Yea maybe but it's called carpooling.

And actually....the Farmer's Market should move out to Arrowhead this weekend.  Add to the ambiance.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
Farmaggeddon is kinda funny and I'll be there saturday, but it has to go. Nobody is going to pay big money to see us play ISU in Arrowhead. When we were good and played Iowa there in 2003 or whatever the tickets practically sold out in 5 minutes. If we are gonna do a KC game, and I'd definitely like us to, we have to find a better opponent than freakin IOWA STATE.

When Weiser was here, everybody complained that he wasn't doing anything for the KC market. Now K-State plays multiple games in the KC area every year, and yet nobody in KC shows up to the games. In either sport. The one KC game by K-State that was well supported at all was Beasley's year vs a crapty opponent. Every other game has been terrible in fan support.

So you're saying that K-State needs to find better opponents — my response is you had best show up to the Sprint Center MBB games this year, esp the UNLV game. Because from the K-State AthDept perspective, there is growing sentiment that spending time and $$ in KC is a waste since nobody goes to games there. If the UNLV games draws poorly, combined with the ISU games, I wouldn't be surprised if K-State does Wichita games and no more KC games.

I agree, ISU should be on campus. But KC people or pro-KC exposure people need to realize that K-State has made a concerted effort in that market the last few years, and KC Cat fans have not responded. At all. Support the Cats, and go the f'n game

:kstatriot:

If this is the perception in the K-State athletic department, which it may be, given the poster, then there are some other factors I hope they keep in mind.

KC has responded well to K-State games in the past...the Cal and Iowa games were cited earlier in this thread. What KC has gotten over the past few years is games against mediocre (at best) opponents, with K-State teams that weren't great themselves. The exception was the Beasley game, and then last year, IIRC, the KC bball game occurred early, before we were ranked and had really beaten anyone.  And, IIRC, the game was over a holiday weekend, too.

So if you schedule your unranked team to play an unexciting opponent on a poor date, then don't get annoyed when people don't show up. "Look at this great gift we have given you, K-Staters of Kansas City! You can drive 20 minutes to see a schedule-filler game!"

Also, if the AD's perception is spending time and $$ in the KC market is a waste, then they're missing the point of it. Especially with the crapty opponents, the main point of the exercise should be to maintain a K-State presence in KC, not to fill up the arena.

What's the number of K-State alumni in KC? 30,000? 12,000 tickets sold already is over a third, which isn't bad, given that not every alumni is into sports. There will be plenty of KC-area walk-ups, too, given that they're all aware that there will be plenty of tickets to be had from scalpers. I don't know this for sure, but anecdotally, from my convos with season ticket holders outside KC who aren't coming to KC and view this as an opportunity for an off-week, the bigger problem here may be not KC-area alumni, but rather out-of-KC alumni who don't view this as worth the effort to make a trip and spend the extra $$ to watch Iowa freakin State.  Economy may be a factor here, too.

Just some things to keep in mind before the athletic department decides to re-concede the KC area to KU and Mizzou.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 11:51:17 AM »
So a conference game is a "schedule filler"?? 

We've got a really good basketball team and what 7,000 show up for the game at the Sprint Center??  Oh wait, the opponent just wasn't "sexy" enough.   Well, even without a "sexy" opponent there still should have been at least 12-14,000 there, come on.

What is really is, is that we've got a bunch of cheapskates in the KC market, and the women who attend K-State out of the KC markets consist of many soccer mom types today, who are now more worred about getting their 4 kids over to the 900 gazzillion dollar soccer palace in OP and making sure the foreign guy they hired to coach their little soccer prodigy gets paid.