Author Topic: Farmaggedon suckage....  (Read 22459 times)

Sugar Dick

Re: Farmaggedon suckage....
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »
The secret to having a neutral site game is to make traveling to your home games less attractive than the neutral site.  I'd rather drive 2 hours to spend the night in Manhattan and get bombed in Aggieville than drive 20 minutes to hang out in  Raytown.  If this game was in Dallas or San Diego they'd probably get more than 12,000 K-State fans to show up.  

Let's face it, Camerohead sucks, unless you're a poor white trash whose wardrobe consists of clothing void of all sleeves with lots of neon and flames.  

If I wanna watch people get drunk on schnapps, piss in their seats, and get arrested in the most humiliating and self degrading fashion possible I'll go to a Chiefs game.  If I wanna watch cat football I'll suck it up and drive 2 hours.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »
Raytown?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
The dilemma here is that NONE of my friends are K-State fans.  Which isn't normally a problem, I could usually talk some of my friends into going just for the tailgating/getting drunk experience, but the ticket prices are too high for that.  No person that isn't a katz fan or a ISU fan will not give a crap about this game, and will not pay 60+ dollars to watch it.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
The secret to having a neutral site game is to make traveling to your home games less attractive than the neutral site.  I'd rather drive 2 hours to spend the night in Manhattan and get bombed in Aggieville than drive 20 minutes to hang out in  Raytown.  If this game was in Dallas or San Diego they'd probably get more than 12,000 K-State fans to show up.  

Let's face it, Camerohead sucks, unless you're a poor white trash whose wardrobe consists of clothing void of all sleeves with lots of neon and flames.  

If I wanna watch people get drunk on schnapps, piss in their seats, and get arrested in the most humiliating and self degrading fashion possible I'll go to a Chiefs game.  If I wanna watch cat football I'll suck it up and drive 2 hours.

What the eff are you talking about?

12,000 fans in San Diego against Iowa State? Are you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Just because this game is being played at the place where people get drunk on schnapps doesn't mean said people will be there. christ, you are a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Also, the ticket office isn't listing upper level seats as an option anymore.  Cheapest tickets shown are field level @ $60.

No one wants to pay $60 to $100 bucks to watch ISU vs KSU. 

Plus, K-State is "marketing" this game on the cheap.

I don't look for the Chiefs to be looking to do any more business with K-State for quite some time, we've taken the gurantee money and run.

You actually think Snyder would have wanted Currie to continue this in KC?  This series in Arrowhead was done before it started.

I wasn't talking about just playing Iowa State.   It's still a good deal financially for both schools because of the gurantee, but in retrospect it was a dumb move.   

Needed to play a team with a stronger fanbase (sorry Haverhill but lets be honest here...)
When big teams come to town, KSU fans show up.  (I've always been under the impression that KSU travels well when there is something good to see, am I wrong here?)

Will suck to see it leave Arrowhead, especially since Arrowhead is somewhat attractive now.  But at least that gives us another home game now that the conference is shifting.

I might be fanatical or delusional at times, but I know our fanbase size. We have a decent alumni base in Kansas City, but not one big enough to fill our side of Arrowhead, and a good travelling base, but not to fill our side at Arrowhead against a team like K-State (no offense). With the direction our graduates go for jobs... it just wasn't smart to do at Arrowhead. If Iowa State does another neutral site game again, it'll most likely be in Minneapolis or Chicago, simply because 40% of our student population every year is from those places, and a larger percentage of our graduates find jobs there. From what I've heard, Iowa State was asked to do this  by Kansas State, and it was a good short-time deal for Iowa State to reach out to our Kansas City area alumni. Iowa State makes $1mil every other year for playing Kansas State, and that comes from ticket sales/concessions/etc. Iowa State made 800k both years of this series, meaning over two years, we had a 600k profit and reached out to our KC alumni. In the short run--> success.... however long run is not a good idea.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
Not offering cheap seats in the upper deck is downright Bob Krause-like.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »

Sounds like something Pollard would do to keep Hawkeye fans out.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »
hey retards,

you are able to get twenty dollars tickets through arrowhead and through ticket outlets and stuff and so forth.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
They've done a piss poor job advertising it in the KC area.

They advertised the KU/MU game last night at the Chiefs game more than the KSU/ISU game thats being played in less than a week.

I actually thought they advertised them equally last night.

Anyways, there will probably be a lot of walk-ups.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

What the shazbot! are you talking about?

12,000 fans in San Diego against Iowa State? Are you fracking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?

Just because this game is being played at the place where people get drunk on schnapps doesn't mean said people will be there. christ, you are a complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

It was a joke you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  However, I would actually rather go to a game in BSFS than at Camerohead.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »
K-State's other non-Farmageddon regular season games in Arrowhead:

2000 Eddie Robinson Classic vs. Iowa - Attendance: 72,036

2003 BCA Classic vs. California - Attendance: 50,823

:surprised:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »
Farmaggeddon is kinda funny and I'll be there saturday, but it has to go. Nobody is going to pay big money to see us play ISU in Arrowhead. When we were good and played Iowa there in 2003 or whatever the tickets practically sold out in 5 minutes. If we are gonna do a KC game, and I'd definitely like us to, we have to find a better opponent than freakin IOWA STATE.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »
Me from anytime in the late 90's thru most of the 2000's (live in the O.P.):  Man, I really wish they'd do something at Arrowhead so I don't have to drive to Manhattan to enjoy a game.  I don't care who it's against or what the price.  I love the Cat's!!!

Me the last two years:  Don't really care to drive to Arrowhead and pay to see our shitty team play another shitty team.  I'll just go to Tanner's and enjoy a brew and watch on the tube.  Maybe I'll go see the Bball team at memorial in the fall or go to the P&L if we play at Sprint Center this year....

:combofan:

Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
Me from anytime in the late 90's thru most of the 2000's (live in the O.P.):  Man, I really wish they'd do something at Arrowhead so I don't have to drive to Manhattan to enjoy a game.  I don't care who it's against or what the price.  I love the Cat's!!!

Me the last two years:  Don't really care to drive to Arrowhead and pay to see our fecesty team play another fecesty team.  I'll just go to Tanner's and enjoy a brew and watch on the tube.  Maybe I'll go see the Bball team at memorial in the fall or go to the P&L if we play at Sprint Center this year....

u suk

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:16 PM »
I'll pay whatever to see the Cats play where ever....

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »

Me the last two years:  Don't really care to drive to Arrowhead and pay to see our shitty team play another shitty team.  I'll just go to Tanner's and enjoy a brew and watch on the tube.  Maybe I'll go see the Bball team at memorial in the fall or go to the P&L if we play at Sprint Center this year....

So what you are saying is that you're an awesome die-hard fan who sticks with the team no matter what.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:25:09 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Not going.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »
I was at both the Cal and the Iowa games at Arrowhead in the early 2000's.  I thought it was a blast. 

I think the bottom line is non-rivalry conference games should not be played at neutral sites (unless conference championship of course).  If we were playing Iowa of now, or even a Notre Dame/Michigan/Michigan St. the attendance would be a different story.

Essentially, Farmageddon is the first non-rivalry Big 12 game to be played on a neutral site.....right?

Now that Nubbs are in the Big 10, it would be kinda cool to play them at Arrowhead if we ever decided to let them play us again.  That would be a sold out Arrowhead.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
I think KU played OU at Arrowhead once, or something ridiculous like that.

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:36 PM »
So were the Iowa and Cal games included in the season ticket package, or did people just really want to see those games more than Farmaggedon?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
I was at both the Cal and the Iowa games at Arrowhead in the early 2000's.  I thought it was a blast. 

I think the bottom line is non-rivalry conference games should not be played at neutral sites (unless conference championship of course).  If we were playing Iowa of now, or even a Notre Dame/Michigan/Michigan St. the attendance would be a different story.

Essentially, Farmageddon is the first non-rivalry Big 12 game to be played on a neutral site.....right?

Now that Nubbs are in the Big 10, it would be kinda cool to play them at Arrowhead if we ever decided to let them play us again.  That would be a sold out Arrowhead.

I think you're definitely on the right track here

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »

Yeah, back in '05. It was weird.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »

So what happens if/when the Big 12 requires a neutral site game? Looks like bridges have been burned with K-State and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:08 PM »

So what happens if/when the Big 12 requires a neutral site game? Looks like bridges have been burned with K-State and the Kansas City Chiefs.

We're playing those in Boulder.   :cool:

Offline Norm93

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:25 PM »
Half the tickets in the stadium are $40 or less.  $25 to park isn't that bad, especially when you know you won't get hassled by the RCPD if your beer isn't in a cup.