Author Topic: New Field Turf  (Read 9449 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: New Field Turf
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
Excellent work!

:thumbsup:

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Great work J!  Getting the best info on this board certainly warrants potential arrest by campus police.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »
Don't know what the rules/policy is in terms of linking, but if it wasn't supposed to happen, my bad then.

But someone over at scout mentioned this.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=6332961
You have been reported to the moderator and your account will self destruct in less than 24 hrs.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
Don't know what the rules/policy is in terms of linking, but if it wasn't supposed to happen, my bad then.

MODS!!  :runaway: :runaway: MODS!!!!! :runaway: DELETE!!!! :runaway: :runaway: DELETE!!!!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 04:28:09 PM »
Great work J!  Getting the best info on this board certainly warrants potential arrest by campus police.

I had my German Shepherd with me so I don't think that minimum wage security guard was going to cause too much of a scene  :)

If I dressed more like a cop I bet I could walk around without getting bothered but I'll save that for a more important event.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
Cop uniform is a good idea.  To avoid any impersonation charges, turn on a boombox and start stripping when they get wise to your trick.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:51 PM »
Cop uniform is a good idea.  To avoid any impersonation charges, turn on a boombox and start stripping when they get wise to your trick.

This song kind of makes me wanna party....

Maybe I'll just go with some boots, tactical clothing, etc.  I have my concealed carry license so I could make it really legit, but I'm pretty sure you can't bring it in there even if it's not a gameday.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 05:05:37 PM »
...I'm pretty sure you can't bring it in there even if it's not a gameday.

Bo would have ran in and blown away OB by now if that were the case.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
Pretty sure that drunk wouldn't be able to secure a CC permit.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

We request that you copy and paste all premium material but linking free material is fine.  Thanks from the goEMAW.com administrators.  

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »

We request that you copy and paste all premium material but linking free material is fine.  Thanks from the goEMAW.com administrators.  

lol

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »

lol

SD reeled me in again  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:33:57 PM by SwiftCat »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:04 PM »
I laughed at BITB trying to say the field was some type of advantage for K-State.  The issue is almost purely aesthetic and is one that has plagued first generation FieldTurf fields.   I run into the FieldTurf folks at trade shows every once in awhile and so I asked them about it.   The first generation blade design did not hold the rubber infill down as well as the new generation blade design, and that issue was a major one that their competitors knocked them on.   When we first put it in, they had to repaint the powercat because they got the color wrong, and it is supposed to be an "in lay" like the lines and the numbers.   But you can paint FieldTurf, and they might as well since this is the last year for that field anyway. 

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »

This song kind of makes me wanna party....

Maybe I'll just go with some boots, tactical clothing, etc.  I have my concealed carry license so I could make it really legit, but I'm pretty sure you can't bring it in there even if it's not a gameday.

I'm pretty sure I could get away with it. Would take a lot of 'spainin, but I could. Scary thought, huh?    :ohno:

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

You have been reported to the moderator and your account will self destruct in less than 24 hrs.

Damn.

Offline stalecheetos

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »
 When we first put it in, they had to repaint the powercat because they got the color wrong, and it is supposed to be an "in lay" like the lines and the numbers.   

No way this is true. For the hundreds of times I have stood on top of that powercat the blades themselves are definitely not coated in paint.

Painted fieldturf sucks. KU painted the jayhawk on their fieldturf and you can easily tell when you are on it. All the blades are clumped together, its slick, and it doesn't move like normal turf/grass does. Add a little rain and its like walking on a wet marble floor.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
Just a lil FYI-  If you think the rubber pellets are bad now, wait until the turf is brand new.  It takes quite a while for them to be compacted/settle.

This

It's amazing how many stupid people post on this board

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
 When we first put it in, they had to repaint the powercat because they got the color wrong, and it is supposed to be an "in lay" like the lines and the numbers.   

No way this is true. For the hundreds of times I have stood on top of that powercat the blades themselves are definitely not coated in paint.

Painted fieldturf sucks. KU painted the jayhawk on their fieldturf and you can easily tell when you are on it. All the blades are clumped together, its slick, and it doesn't move like normal turf/grass does. Add a little rain and its like walking on a wet marble floor.

Well, that came straight out of the FieldTurf reps mouth at an education tradeshow in New Orleans in the summer that it was put in.   Said Snyder walked out of his office all the way to midfield while the FieldTurf crew was sewing in the Powercat and told them the color was wrong.   I remember when the pictures were going up of the new field a lot of people commented that the Powercat was to Lavender looking.   The difference might be is that ku painted the jayhawk right on a blank green field, whereas the powercat logo was already in place and just needed to be darkened.   In addition, ku's field is the new generation FieldTurf with a different blade design, like we have in the indoor facility.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »

I fracking confirmed it ok  :curse:

KU probably went to home depot and bought $5/gallon paint.  I'm sure we're using something awesomer that clings to the grass better and stuff.

btw, I know you can't tell much from my photo's, but if you compare the end zone paint to the picture that doom has  in his sig from last weekend you can tell it's darker
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:03:42 PM by j-vonfeldt »

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »
Also, I don't think that the field is painted.  I think the coloration comes from the material itself.    ie. for the purple areas the blades of fake grass are made of purple material.

May be true, but the word is they are in the process of painting the field right now.  Don't ask me why they didn't do it before UCLA
Actual info here, the painting people went to open all the paint we had and it was all dry and crappy and we couldn't get the new stuff in time so it could dry for UCLA. Very kstateo

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »
Also, I don't think that the field is painted.  I think the coloration comes from the material itself.    ie. for the purple areas the blades of fake grass are made of purple material.

May be true, but the word is they are in the process of painting the field right now.  Don't ask me why they didn't do it before UCLA
Actual info here, the painting people went to open all the paint we had and it was all dry and crappy and we couldn't get the new stuff in time so it could dry for UCLA. Very kstateo

All the good paint was used on the KSTATEO poster.

Offline stalecheetos

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
 The difference might be is that ku painted the jayhawk right on a blank green field, whereas the powercat logo was already in place and just needed to be darkened.   In addition, ku's field is the new generation FieldTurf with a different blade design, like we have in the indoor facility.

This is understandable, the jayhawk looks like they poured the paint onto the field. Either way, i definetly looks darker in those photos.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
Also, I don't think that the field is painted.  I think the coloration comes from the material itself.    ie. for the purple areas the blades of fake grass are made of purple material.

lol, that is def. kstateo...painting it to begin with was kstateo though too. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
Purple on Green doesn't look right... you guys should go with a White powercat logo, a purple endzone, with white letters.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 01:03:49 AM »
Personally, I feel like we should just adopt another team's uniforms.  Like a really good, nationally prominent team.  Maybe one that has a ton of recent publicity about former Heisman winners or something.