Author Topic: transfer/recruit rumblings?  (Read 14171 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: transfer/recruit rumblings?
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
Cripps isn't even that reliable of a source. He was the one that claimed Masoli visited Manhattan and really enjoyed his visit. Anyways, how the shazbot! could they get eligible this season. There's a 0% chance of that happening.
AB and BB becoming eligible seem like long shots, but cripps is anything but unreliable.

I didn't necessarily say he was unreliable, but what inside info has he released in the past that nobody else knew of? I honestly can't come up with anything.

Cripps may be exceptionally enthusiastic, but he's definitely not unreliable. And for the most part, he doesn't post insider info on open forums.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:43 PM »
Cripps isn't even that reliable of a source. He was the one that claimed Masoli visited Manhattan and really enjoyed his visit. Anyways, how the shazbot! could they get eligible this season. There's a 0% chance of that happening.
AB and BB becoming eligible seem like long shots, but cripps is anything but unreliable.

I didn't necessarily say he was unreliable, but what inside info has he released in the past that nobody else knew of? I honestly can't come up with anything.

Cripps may be exceptionally enthusiastic, but he's definitely not unreliable. And for the most part, he doesn't post insider info on open forums.

Horseshit, he does it all the time...  So he might be on to something.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »
So, whose spot does Arthur take?  Is he fast enough to play in Butler's spot?  Or, do they go to a more traditional 4-3 system with Arthur in the picture?

X's and O's types chime in please, TIA.

Strong side.   :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Also, anyone who suggests they'd rather not have Bryce this season.   :bang:

Even if you're  :bait: , still  :bang:

No way he is a 5 year college player.  Guess maybe it would be better to have a well rested BB for the 1/2 seasons we do have him on the field if he sits out?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
IT isn't basketball TK, he most definitely is a 4 or 5 year player. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2010, 12:18:20 PM »
IT isn't basketball TK, he most definitely is a 4 or 5 year player. 

4 year?  Maybe.  50-75% chance.  5 year? 0-1% chance (barring major injury).  He's ideal NFL height/weight.  + speed.  +hips.  Good runner inside.  Good hands.  Played well as a true frosh in the SEC.  He wasn't the #1 recruit in the country out of high school for nothing.  Only reason to hope he sits out is it might moderately improve our chances to have him back as a rshirt jr/true sr.  Forget about 5 from Bryce.  If he gets there it will mean he's been much less productive then we all hope/expect he will be.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2010, 12:23:30 PM »
I don't understand why all of you guys are so high on Bryce. Being the number one recruit means nothing. High school is a different game. He wasn't phenomenal as a true freshman, so what about last season makes you think he's going to be a  top 5 running back in 1 or 2 years? Look, I'd be ecstatic if Bryce came in and dominated Big Twen defenses, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think he will.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
I don't understand why all of you guys are so high on Bryce. Being the number one recruit means nothing. High school is a different game. He wasn't phenomenal as a true freshman, so what about last season makes you think he's going to be a  top 5 running back in 1 or 2 years? Look, I'd be ecstatic if Bryce came in and dominated Big Twen defenses, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes me think he will.

:jerk:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »

From 2002-2009 only one #1 recruit from rivals rankings isn't playing in the NFL...or not that I know of, but I think he was drafted as a return guy maybe.  That was Derrick Williams from 05, played at Penn St., and even he was pretty decent in college.  Oh and Pryor, but he's still playing college ball for now.  The rest of the #1's from that stretch:
2002- Vince Young
2003- Ernie Sims
2004- Adrian Peterson
2005- Derrick Williams
2006- Percy Harvin
2007- Jimmy Clausen
2008- Terrelle Pryor
2009- Bryce

So Bryce has some history on his side, but also to live up to as the #1 H.S. recruit.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:28 PM »
Bryce didn't have a standout Freshman year...so what.  I don't think he had the greatest O-Line in front of him either.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2010, 01:11:31 PM »
Bryce didn't have a standout Freshman year...so what.  I don't think he had the greatest O-Line in front of him either.

As a back-up, ran for 460 yards, 3 TD's, 10 receptions for 137 yards with one receiving touchdown. All that with not much of a O-line, or a adequate QB as well, and all that in the SEC, arguably the best conference in the nation.

I think he had a solid FR year.

Offline threadkiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2010, 01:13:34 PM »

From 2002-2009 only one #1 recruit from rivals rankings isn't playing in the NFL...or not that I know of, but I think he was drafted as a return guy maybe.  That was Derrick Williams from 05, played at Penn St., and even he was pretty decent in college.  Oh and Pryor, but he's still playing college ball for now.  The rest of the #1's from that stretch:
2002- Vince Young
2003- Ernie Sims
2004- Adrian Peterson
2005- Derrick Williams
2006- Percy Harvin
2007- Jimmy Clausen
2008- Terrelle Pryor
2009- Bryce

So Bryce has some history on his side, but also to live up to as the #1 H.S. recruit.

Young - 4 years
Sims - 3 years
Peterson - 3 years
Wiliams - 4 years
Harvin - 3 years
Clausen - 3 years

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:30 PM »

2002- Vince Young- Redshirted, 4 years and played 3
2003- Ernie Sims- 3 years
2004- Adrian Peterson-3 years
2005- Derrick Williams- 4 years
2006- Percy Harvin- 3 years
2007- Jimmy Clausen- 3 years

I guess I stand corrected. Most of these guys played 3 years in college and then decided to go out for the Draft. I wouldn't say all of them were stars (Sims and Williams) But that list is still pretty impressive.

I still look at it like this, Bryce hasn't proved to me he will be a top 5 running back. Of course I hope he can be, but so far I wouldn't claim him to be our savior. This list of #1s does change my outlook a little though..

EDIT: didn't see your list threadkiller

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »
bryce is nice
EMAW

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »

Yes, because he doesn't have much inside info. Everyone thinks he knows everything because of his sources, when infact, he doesn't know much more than you and I.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

2002- Vince Young- Redshirted, 4 years and played 3
2003- Ernie Sims- 3 years
2004- Adrian Peterson-3 years
2005- Derrick Williams- 4 years
2006- Percy Harvin- 3 years
2007- Jimmy Clausen- 3 years

I guess I stand corrected. Most of these guys played 3 years in college and then decided to go out for the Draft. I wouldn't say all of them were stars (Sims and Williams) But that list is still pretty impressive.

I still look at it like this, Bryce hasn't proved to me he will be a top 5 running back. Of course I hope he can be, but so far I wouldn't claim him to be our savior. This list of #1s does change my outlook a little though..

EDIT: didn't see your list threadkiller

Pretty sure Sims was selected with the 10th pick when he came out.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:43 PM »
Maybe I'm just skeptical because my high school played him and held him to under 100 yards rushing.... I don't really know. I just don't want to get my hopes up  :frown:

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
Maybe I'm just skeptical because my high school played him and held him to under 100 yards rushing.... I don't really know. I just don't want to get my hopes up  :frown:

Maybe he was bored that night

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
Maybe you're just an idiot.  You look at the list of coaches who recruited him, hard?

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2010, 03:04:22 PM »

We held Bryce to -13 yards. Just sayin'.  :gocho: He was a freshman, and Arthur torched us for like 140 yards.
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.