Author Topic: transfer/recruit rumblings?  (Read 14168 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: transfer/recruit rumblings?
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
Ok, I will release a little of what I know and this will have to do with the transfer due to it already being released on another site. Arthur Brown is appealing the NCAA for a hardship ruling and is very likely going to granted it so he will be eligible this season as well as Bryce is doing the same thing. So, we should know soon as to if he gets the ruling, but that is what I meant by being an immediate help!!!!! Arthur at the LB spot would be huge by the ISU game, and I have been hearing he has been getting reps with the first team!!!!

EMAW!!!!!!!!!!!

From Cripps.

Dear God.

A single tear just went down my cheek....

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »
Ok, I will release a little of what I know and this will have to do with the transfer due to it already being released on another site. Arthur Brown is appealing the NCAA for a hardship ruling and is very likely going to granted it so he will be eligible this season as well as Bryce is doing the same thing. So, we should know soon as to if he gets the ruling, but that is what I meant by being an immediate help!!!!! Arthur at the LB spot would be huge by the ISU game, and I have been hearing he has been getting reps with the first team!!!!

EMAW!!!!!!!!!!!

From Cripps.

wow, terrible news.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
I dont want Bryce this year.

Me neither.

Only reason that this would happen is if the family is insisting that OB accept it (and perhaps did all along...part of the deal :dunno:), IMO.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
Bryce getting denied.  :crossfingers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
i hate all of you.  :frown:

you're not gonna believe what steve dave told me about XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX

Post last edited by BigShotAttorneyCat on 9/6/10 at 5:14 PM

lol

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »

I am with you, but how the eff could they grant his brother's and then deny Bryce on the same set of facts?  If Arthur gets it, Bryce gets it.  

Maybe, just maybe the hardship waiver for Bryce is merely a way to get him on scholarship this year so they don't have to pay (i.e. still redshirt him.).  :pray:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
But, yeah, eff that news.  The last thing we need right now is Bryce Brown getting eligible for this season.  

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »

I am with you, but how the eff could they grant his brother's and then deny Bryce on the same set of facts?  If Arthur gets it, Bryce gets it.  

Maybe, just maybe the hardship waiver for Bryce is merely a way to get him on scholarship this year so they don't have to pay (i.e. still redshirt him.).  :pray:

Kind of what I'm thinking too.  As good as Bryce is, I don't see him stealing a starting spot this year.  Are there any transfer rules that could affect his practice time or anything of that nature that him merely redshirting could change?  I didn't see him suited up on Saturday, but could have just missed it.  Truly a WTF turn of events here, if this is true.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:37 PM »

I am with you, but how the shazbot! could they grant his brother's and then deny Bryce on the same set of facts?  If Arthur gets it, Bryce gets it.  

Kind of what I'm thinking too.  As good as Bryce is, I don't see him stealing a starting spot this year.  Are there any transfer rules that could affect his practice time or anything of that nature that him merely redshirting could change?  I didn't see him suited up on Saturday, but could have just missed it.  Truly a WTF turn of events here, if this is true.

Yep.  He cannot practice with the team right now, because he didn't get a release from UT.  I don't know whether a hardship would trump the UT non-release, but if it did he could go on full scholarship and practice with the team (and travel), which he cannot do right now.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:50 PM »
Hell, Bryce probably wouldn't even make 2nd string this year with what Powell did yesterday. If he gets eligible and doesn't redshirt.... :blindfold:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
Yeah I can't see how one could get in but not the other.

No way Bryce wastes a year, he can redshirt right?

This is rough ridin' weird.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

I am with you, but how the shazbot! could they grant his brother's and then deny Bryce on the same set of facts?  If Arthur gets it, Bryce gets it.  

Yep.  He cannot practice with the team right now, because he didn't get a release from UT.  I don't know whether a hardship would trump the UT non-release, but if it did he could go on full scholarship and practice with the team (and travel), which he cannot do right now.

If the staff is using that as a go-between to get him to be able to practice, but still redshirt him, then I am fine with that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »

If the staff is using that as a go-between to get him to be able to practice, but still redshirt him, then I am fine with that.

Ya, it's the ONLY scenario that makes sense, apart from some "agreement" with the family.  Let's all hope this means that Browns get to avoid paying for school for Bryce and Bryce redshirts.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »

That would make sense.  If that's the case, then I'm happy.

:party:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 05:37:27 PM »
So, whose spot does Arthur take?  Is he fast enough to play in Butler's spot?  Or, do they go to a more traditional 4-3 system with Arthur in the picture?

X's and O's types chime in please, TIA.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
So, whose spot does Arthur take?  Is he fast enough to play in Butler's spot?  Or, do they go to a more traditional 4-3 system with Arthur in the picture?

X's and O's types chime in please, TIA.

Not an X's and O's type, but looking at the depth chart heights and weights, Arthur (6'2, 227) fits Childs's (6'1, 225) spot.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
So why was this Cripps Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) acting so excited?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
So why was this Cripps Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) acting so excited?

Arthur Brown would be a big deal right now. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
cripps has been "talking" about this over on the scout board.  apparently, a transfer and a HS recruit are a done deal.  felix rex, PM me if you know names.  thx.

The name pop for the HS recruit is Jordan Phillips Commitment for Oklahoma. Transfer have no clue but word is BIG and Transfer without setting.

:confused:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
cripps has been "talking" about this over on the scout board.  apparently, a transfer and a HS recruit are a done deal.  felix rex, PM me if you know names.  thx.

The name pop for the HS recruit is Jordan Phillips Commitment for Oklahoma. Transfer have no clue but word is BIG and Transfer without setting.

:confused:

Stormy has a premium sub to GPC.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

I agree.  I mean, we bitch and bitch all off season about how much of an issue our LBs are going to be....I, for one, am super duper excited if this comes true. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »

Would still rather have him next year. Our ceiling will prob be a lot higher in a couple years, kinda sucks to waste a whole year for them. Not saying this is horrible by any means, interesting stuff but definitely not amazing news for the program or anything.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
Heard that they are applying for the hardship due to family illness.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2010, 06:59:03 PM »
Keep butler where he is.....and replace jarell wit arthur
EMAW