Author Topic: How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?  (Read 119992 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?
« Reply #750 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »
I welcome the news about NBAF in the BBQ thread.   :thumbs:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:40 AM »

:ksu:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 25, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
Any news with the new budget?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 05, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
Immediate Release
April 4, 2013
KDA to Relocate to Manhattan

TOPEKA - Kansas Secretary of Agriculture Dale Rodman announced today that the Kansas Department of Agriculture will move the majority of its offices to Manhattan, Kansas, in summer 2014.

A constitutional agency, KDA will maintain its main administrative office in Topeka but will move the majority of its programs to Manhattan, where Rodman said the agency can capitalize on synergies with Kansas State University (K-State) as well as with other agricultural and bio-science entities located in Manhattan. In addition, the department will maintain current field offices in Stafford, Stockton, Parsons and Garden City. The department's current lease ends Sept. 30, 2013, but KDA is in the process of extending the lease at the current location through June 30, 2014.

The department's new building, which will be built by the KSU Foundation, will complement the K-State 2025 master plan to enhance the research corridor. Secretary Rodman said the new facility will afford the department the opportunity to work closely with many nationally and even globally recognized and trusted subject matter experts on scientific and economic research.

"The decision to move KDA to Manhattan was made after months of close consultation to determine the best location to allow KDA to fulfill our statutory obligations and provide the best possible service to all of our customers today and in the future," said Secretary Rodman. "Manhattan is the value-added center for agriculture. Locating the Kansas Department of Agriculture adjacent to the state's land grand university, the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility and other agricultural, bio-science and natural resource entities will establish KDA as a pillar in the KSU Foundation Research Park and enhance the overall effectiveness of the department."

In addition to being a fiscally responsible long-term decision, the move will also result in increased research and technical efficiencies. Rodman said it will allow resources to be shared and will reduce duplication while allowing for a consistent service and enhanced working relationship among KDA, farmers, ranchers, consumers, agribusinesses and K-State.

"Whether it is a cooperative effort on animal health research, collaboration on water conservation, joint educational outreach between the department and K-State Research and Extension or technical support provided by the university, this move will put the department in position to leverage the expertise at K-State, grow agriculture and serve all of our customers in a more efficient and effective manner," said Rodman.

Rodman said this move will position the state of Kansas to work cooperatively with public, private and university partners to lead the nation and world forward in agriculture and biosecurity.

"Relocating KDA to Manhattan further solidifies the state's commitment to being a leader in agriculture. Manhattan is home to NBAF and will continue to grow as the hub for the future of agriculture and bio-sciences," said Rodman. "Moving KDA to Manhattan sends a clear message that Kansas is committed to working with all of our partners to be a leader in not only the production of food, fiber and energy but also in the security and defense of these critical components of our state, nation and world."

The Kansas Department of Administration administers most State real property leases and product and service procurement. Interim Secretary of Administration Mark McGivern foresees the State of Kansas enjoying a continued longstanding partnership with the Topeka community.

"Under Governor Brownback's leadership, the Department of Administration is dedicated to bringing efficiency and innovation to state government," said McGivern. "We will continue to pursue opportunities that are in the best interests of our State employees, our communities and, most importantly, Kansas taxpayers."

###
emaw

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 05, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
It will be interesting to see how many people end up relocating to Manhattan or just commute from Topeka, or quit because they don't want to commute. As a tax payer I don't know how I feel about it, I doubt a real thorough analysis was done to see what the costs of having it in Topeka vs. having it in Manhattan will be. I heard from a department of ag insider that when they opened it up for bids that they already knew it was going to move to Manhattan...
I'm purple down

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 05, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
Cant imagine anyone would actually want to live in Topeka over Manhattan.  Knowing government they probably saved money by not doing a $500k analysis that takes 3 years to complete.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 05, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »
Fire anyone who won't relocate to Manhattan, and fill the positions with new K-State grads.  Problem solved, everyone wins, and only losers who won't move from Topeka to Manhattan lose.  Will of God.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »
Fire anyone who won't relocate to Manhattan, and fill the positions with new K-State grads.  Problem solved, everyone wins, and only losers who won't move from Topeka to Manhattan lose.  Will of God.
:thumbs:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 05, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
the kind of person that would rather live in topeka over manhattan shouldn't be employed by our state
emaw

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »
the kind of person that would rather live in topeka over manhattan shouldn't be employed by our state

Do you know many state employees? 

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 05, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »

I do.  I call them co-workers.  I would live in MHK over any town in Ks.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 05, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

idk, fairway is pretty boss.  or westwood hills.
emaw

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 05, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »

idk, fairway is pretty boss.  or westwood hills.

ppfftt. Can't beat MHK.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 10, 2013, 11:38:04 AM »
siap

Efforts to build a new biosecurity lab in Kansas are getting a huge boost, as President Barack Obama sends Congress a budget proposal that includes $714 million for construction of the facility at Kansas State University.

http://ksn.com/2013/04/10/obama-proposes-714m-for-kansas-nbaf-project/
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
siap

Efforts to build a new biosecurity lab in Kansas are getting a huge boost, as President Barack Obama sends Congress a budget proposal that includes $714 million for construction of the facility at Kansas State University.

thanks obama amirite?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 10, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
There's an article in the Collegian today that says contruction will start back up this month.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »
siap

thanks obama amirite?

So true.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 10, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »
OMG guys

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?
« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
THANKS OBAMA!

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 10, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »
Thanks to those chicks that did the K-S-U thing with Barry!

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 10, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
I can't wait for someone to post something in the Political Facebook Post thread that slams Obama for this

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 10, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »
Thanks to those chicks that did the K-S-U thing with Barry!

Barry O is advancing the interests of emaw and is now your best friend :dance:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 10, 2013, 02:06:32 PM »
money!  cool!
emaw

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 10, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 10, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »
lol at how that mother rough rider tim huelskamp is going to try to torpedo this for his own constituents