Author Topic: How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?  (Read 119250 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?
« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
We're finally going to have the capital (capitol?) to start work on the MHK Lazy River Initiative.

The scientists will have to shower first though.  No cow aids allowed in the Lazy River.

I don't know if you guys are using this a joke but there is an actual man-made lazy river deal/initiative for Jardine in the plans. It's wacky as eff and will probably be totally K-StateO'd up but it's there.
:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 08, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
We're finally going to have the capital (capitol?) to start work on the MHK Lazy River Initiative.

The scientists will have to shower first though.  No cow aids allowed in the Lazy River.

I don't know if you guys are using this a joke but there is an actual man-made lazy river deal/initiative for Jardine in the plans. It's wacky as eff and will probably be totally K-StateO'd up but it's there.

I did a walkthrough with the KSU PD on it about 4 weeks ago. All of Jardine except the perimeter roads will be shut off to traffic and replaced with "super sidewalks" which is basically a sidewalk wide and strong enough to accommodate a fire truck. The 'lazy river' flows down the north side from west to east kinda by the rec. It necessitates Edwards hall getting removed or else the lazy river will flood it when it rains. KSU PD and public safety is being moved from Edwards to the basement of Lafene after they kick out the Mercy heath people that currently rent it and HR is being moved to Fairchild hall.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »

I did a walkthrough with the KSU PD on it about 4 weeks ago. All of Jardine except the perimeter roads will be shut off to traffic and replaced with "super sidewalks" which is basically a sidewalk wide and strong enough to accommodate a fire truck. The 'lazy river' flows down the north side from west to east kinda by the rec. It necessitates Edwards hall getting removed or else the lazy river will flood it when it rains. KSU PD and public safety is being moved from Edwards to the basement of Lafene after they kick out the Mercy heath people that currently rent it and HR is being moved to Fairchild hall.
Is it going to be a mode of transportation or is it going to be strictly recreational?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 08, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
awesome. edwards hall is a hideous diaper of misery.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 08, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
I love the grass clippings on the one rendering.  So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqvezArxmA&feature=youtu.be

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 09, 2013, 12:32:06 AM »
holy crap. 

:lol:

what a payoff at the end.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:41 AM »
I love the grass clippings on the one rendering.  So...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqvezArxmA&feature=youtu.be

lmao. great job.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
How much growth will NBAF give Manhattan/KSU?
« Reply #508 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:36 AM »

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 09, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
 :lol: I love how the ambulance comes, but just leaves oscar there dejected, laying with his lawn mower
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2013, 07:56:17 AM »
Re: GTM announced today their new expansion will add 650 new Man jobs Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by gitrdone!:
They are bringing in a new high tech ink printing process for clothing that is currently only available overseas and takes two weeks to turn out an order. Having the facility in Manhattan will reduce that turnaround to 2-3 days. Will be adding new jobs across the whole company spectrum. They will have approx 1200-1300 total employees. Major deal for Manhattan.
They're actually already well over 1000 employees. With the growth generated from this expansion, the conservative estimate is 725 jobs based on 15% growth over the next 4 years. They have since increased their expected growth in that same time frame to 30% annually. Those projections lead to approx 900 or 1000 more jobs instead of the 650-725.

:thumbs:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
They are bringing in a new high tech ink printing process for clothing that is currently only available overseas and takes two weeks to turn out an order. Having the facility in Manhattan will reduce that turnaround to 2-3 days. Will be adding new jobs across the whole company spectrum. They will have approx 1200-1300 total employees. Major deal for Manhattan.
They're actually already well over 1000 employees. With the growth generated from this expansion, the conservative estimate is 725 jobs based on 15% growth over the next 4 years. They have since increased their expected growth in that same time frame to 30% annually. Those projections lead to approx 900 or 1000 more jobs instead of the 650-725.

projected boom in NBAF six figure egghead softball team shirts

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »

So what you're saying SD is that GTM will be the only firm in the United States that can do this high tech ink printing!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »
Not to offend any Townie's big hopes but I wouldn't be surprised if GTM is not around on 10 years. I have seen their financials and they aren't as 'great' as they are publicly portrayed.

I hope I am wrong though.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2013, 09:36:52 AM »
Not to offend any Townie's big hopes but I wouldn't be surprised if GTM is not around on 10 years. I have seen their financials and they aren't as 'great' as they are publicly portrayed.

I hope I am wrong though.

Don't worry, I'm sure you are.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
get the eff out, eastcat

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »
the guy who owns GTM also owns freddys frozen chicken nuggets which makes like a gazillion dollars a day so I think he'll be ok
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
the guy who owns GTM also owns freddys frozen chicken nuggets which makes like a gazillion dollars a day so I think he'll be ok

a kstate bro of mine moved out to San Diego to open, like, 40 of those chicken nuggets places

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »

a kstate bro of mine moved out to San Diego to open, like, 40 of those chicken nuggets places

just another highly successful wichita fast food chain.  it's the one thing they do well.
emaw

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
When Cox Bros. BBQ went under, the owner of GTM paid for them to come back because he loved their BBQ so much.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
When Cox Bros. BBQ went under, the owner of GTM paid for them to come back because he loved their BBQ so much.

rich guys love shitty bbq

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 31, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »

john dougie  :horrorsurprise:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 31, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »

rich guys love shitty bbq
name a better bbq place in mhk, hot shot.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:57 PM »
Is cox bros the one near walmart or is that famous dave's? 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 31, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
Is cox bros the one near walmart or is that famous dave's?

Cox Bros