Author Topic: Jason Whitlock  (Read 29220 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Whitlock
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »
 :surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 02:05:14 PM »
 :blah:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »
What's everyone thing of goEMAW bringing Whitlock on as our feature writer?  He's no dobs, but still...

Hold on...

If goEMAW plays this right, may be able to get your first choice:

greggdoyelcbs

Now that he's left the KC Star, I wonder if we're hiring Jason Whitlock. Better yet, I wonder if he's replacing me!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »
He was must read.  Prie$t.  King Carl.  "Gentle Jim Wooldridge".  Sweet Lew.  Jeff George.  TrINT Green.  Scott Egoli.  Mark Mangino is a BBW (big big winner).  He was the best.  Who cares if he messed up sometimes.  He was the best.  Its entertainment people.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
Ideally, you don't read the paper for entertainment.  It supposed to be a source of information.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »
Ideally, you don't read the paper for entertainment.  It supposed to be a source of information.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 03:22:51 PM »

how long do people have to poster intimidate you for you to get the shazbot! out?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Sorry bro, but the next time I worry about what douche bags like you and SD think of me will the first.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »
Sorry bro, but the next time I worry about what douche bags like you and SD think of me will the first.

I like you

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
C_Manbeck

Sorry if I refuse to kiss a guy's ass who got away with libel throughout his career, but always had an out from it because it was a "column"

FIGHT!

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffta

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »
Always looked forward to whitlocks column. It seemed like he would write whatever he wanted and not give a flying eff if it pissed off KU,KSU or MU fans. He will be missed...

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »
He's okay sometimes.  Not edgy enough, though.  He's no Gregg Doyel.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
I will hand it to him, he enjoyed strippers at the same time in my life when I enjoyed their company as well.  So naturally we were acquainted.

I actually think he was better than Jopo.  Just because I was entertained and jopo i was just bored.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
Always looked forward to whitlocks column. It seemed like he would write whatever he wanted and not give a flying shazbot! if it pissed off KU,KSU or MU fans. He will be missed...

Oh, he gave a eff. That's why he wrote it.

It was like a lion and a tamer. We usually believe that the tamer is attacked by the lion and that the tamer stops the attack by raising his whip or firing a blank. Wrong: the lion was fed and sedated before it entered the cage and doesn't feel like attacking anybody. Like all animals, it has its own space; if you don't invade that space, the lion remains calm. When the tamer steps forward, invading it, the lion roars; the tamer then raises his whip, but also takes a step backwards (as if in expectation of a charge), whereupon the lion calms down. A simulated revolution must have its rules.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
He always kinda seemed like a shock-jock to me.  He would pick out a target and unload on it, due dilligence be damned.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
C_Manbeck

Sorry if I refuse to kiss a guy's ass who got away with libel throughout his career, but always had an out from it because it was a "column"

:lol:

Not even close to true.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
Is anyone following him on Twitter? This crap is golden.

http://twitter.com/WhitlockJason

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »
Feel free to copy/paste a few of the nuggets...

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »
It's basically Jason talking about wanting to do a radio tell-all on one of the local stations. Said 810 turn him down because of his demands. He then talked about his demands.

Looks like Explanation will air on 610 from 3 to 6... 810 unwilling to make 8 am to 11 am available. Nick Wright finally gets his interview

1 hour commercial free me explaining, 2nd hour questions from host, 3rd hour calls, RT @Jerseychaser54: What were your demands?

Demands: catered by Gates BBQ ($300 tops), Metro Sports TV coverage, 8am-11 am WHB, 3pm-6pm KCSP

Cant make this stuff up RT @nate_bukaty: We'll not b having Whitlock on show. 2 many crazy demands from a guy who's made himself irrelevant.

810 did everything, said I needed to go 7-10. Bryan Truta is trying to get it done on FM. But I'm comfortable with 610/Nick Wright

@kcflatlander 7 am is too early for my commercial-free hour.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
It's basically Jason talking about wanting to do a radio tell-all on one of the local stations. Said 810 turn him down because of his demands. He then talked about his demands.

Looks like Explanation will air on 610 from 3 to 6... 810 unwilling to make 8 am to 11 am available. Nick Wright finally gets his interview

1 hour commercial free me explaining, 2nd hour questions from host, 3rd hour calls, RT @Jerseychaser54: What were your demands?

Demands: catered by Gates BBQ ($300 tops), Metro Sports TV coverage, 8am-11 am WHB, 3pm-6pm KCSP

Cant make this stuff up RT @nate_bukaty: We'll not b having Whitlock on show. 2 many crazy demands from a guy who's made himself irrelevant.

810 did everything, said I needed to go 7-10. Bryan Truta is trying to get it done on FM. But I'm comfortable with 610/Nick Wright

Pretty sure he is kidding, those were the time slots he had on those stations, morinigs on 810 afternoons on 610.  If you've ever heard BITB talk about Whitlock seems like they wouldn't be negotiating crap with him.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »

Pretty sure he is kidding, those were the time slots he had on those stations, morinigs on 810 afternoons on 610.  If you've ever heard BITB talk about Whitlock seems like they wouldn't be negotiating crap with him.

It's obvious he was joking, but I want to know what he really wanted. Other people have been posting stuff about his "demands", ie bukaty.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
Bukaty is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and no doubt thinks JW is serious.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
Kevin Kietzman is now, far and away, the biggest media personality in the entire metro.  If he wasn't already.

Grats to BITB!   :cheers:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
Quote from: getnickwright
Despite our differences, Jason Whitlock ( @whitlockjason ) will join me for 3 hours on Friday at 3pm to discuss his departure from The Star
5 minutes ago via web