Author Topic: Jason Whitlock  (Read 29174 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Whitlock
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
What's everyone thing of goEMAW bringing Whitlock on as our feature writer?  He's no dobs, but still...

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:05 AM »
What's everyone thing of goEMAW bringing Whitlock on as our feature writer?  He's no dobs, but still...

Can he get the hard hitting, controversial stories that would really contribute the the goEMAW brand?

I say yess

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
Jason Whitlock is leaving the paper to pursue other interests.

:lol:  What?  You can't eat hamburgers while you write?  GMAFB!

This is sad though.  Not as jolting a blow as losing Jmart but still a lot less KSU to discuss.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:31 AM »
BSAC is in Antwerp but I have left him a message about moving some funds and making a pitch.  The reason he left the Star is $$.  No way Star could pay him.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18:59 AM »
He rarely wrote about K-State but when he did it was awesome.  Our Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) fanbase would call for his head with e-mail campaigns to the star and threats to cancel their subscription and kstatefans.com would start a push to have Mark Janssen declared as the only writer allowed to cover K-State.  

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
This is a disaster.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
He rarely wrote about K-State but when he did it was awesome.  Our Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) fanbase would call for his head with e-mail campaigns to the star and threats to cancel their subscription and kstatefans.com would start a push to have Mark Janssen declared as the only writer allowed to cover K-State.  

I don't think our fanbase had anything to do with it.  We emailed the Star about Kellis and the Star just laughed at us.

Whitlock didn't like being required to write a bi-weekly, it's a lot of work and thats not JW's thing.  I bet he wants to write a book, then do the occasional column for ESPN or whoever will pay him.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
Hope he puts out more foxsports.com articles.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »

Would love this, but lets be real...

I mean, 'clams is besties with him and he doesn't even post here. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »

The Star had a no-compete clause pertaining to goEMAW.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »

you misunderstood what i typed.  i said i know him.  wouldn't consider him anything close to a best friend.  not sure how you extrapolated what i wrote into a best friend type deal.  you are really stupid though so anything is possible, especially as it relates to stupid crap and you.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »
Petro just reported that this falling out started when JW wrote a column critical of Lew and ku about the ticket scandal and it was pulled.

So, ku fans who say the Star is anti-ku....your ass is hanging out you idiot.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »

you misunderstood what i typed.  i said i know him.  wouldn't consider him anything close to a best friend.  not sure how you extrapolated what i wrote into a best friend type deal.  you are really stupid though so anything is possible, especially as it relates to stupid crap and you.

Sarcasm.

Pfft.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »
Petro just reported that this falling out started when JW wrote a column critical of Lew and ku about the ticket scandal and it was pulled.

:surprised:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »

JFC, I hope JW does a tell-all on the whole sorted ordeal!  :pray:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

I don't think this is true. Whitlock practically defended Perkins in his last column on May 26.

Only the naive or people out to destroy Perkins believe the KU scandal isn’t part of a nationwide culture of corruption within college athletics. Tom Blubaugh was the director of ticket operations at Oklahoma. He met and trained his wife while at Oklahoma. Jones graduated from Oklahoma and worked in the school’s ticket office. Simmons was another Oklahoma import. According to KU’s internal investigation, KU’s tickets were getting funneled to an Oklahoma ticket broker.

This is bigger than Lew Perkins, Rodney Jones, Kansas and Oklahoma. They’re just mid-level managers and institutions operating in an unethical system.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 12:08:16 PM »

I don't think this is true. Whitlock practically defended Perkins in his last column on May 26.

Only the naive or people out to destroy Perkins believe the KU scandal isn’t part of a nationwide culture of corruption within college athletics. Tom Blubaugh was the director of ticket operations at Oklahoma. He met and trained his wife while at Oklahoma. Jones graduated from Oklahoma and worked in the school’s ticket office. Simmons was another Oklahoma import. According to KU’s internal investigation, KU’s tickets were getting funneled to an Oklahoma ticket broker.

This is bigger than Lew Perkins, Rodney Jones, Kansas and Oklahoma. They’re just mid-level managers and institutions operating in an unethical system.

PM Whitlock!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
I can't wait to see how he works the race angle into the Lew Perkins story! 

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 01:14:28 PM »
First Posnanski and now this.  The Star can suck it.  I enjoyed Whitlock immensely.  Kansas City just became a shittier place.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
our fans get their pussy ass feelings hurt too much

ya

Exactly.  K-State, KU and probably MU fans all want glowing pieces about their schools night in and night out.  Whitlock writes thought provoking opinion pieces and isn't afraid to step on toes if the situation calls for it.  99% of KSU fans would likely be happier if they got all their K-State news from the Manhattan Mercury. 

A nice example of idiot K-State fans playing the woe-is-me card.  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=6224413 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »
C_Manbeck

Sorry if I refuse to kiss a guy's ass who got away with libel throughout his career, but always had an out from it because it was a "column"

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »
C_Manbeck

Sorry if I refuse to kiss a guy's ass who got away with libel throughout his career, but always had an out from it because it was a "column"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »
A nice example of idiot K-State fans playing the woe-is-me card.  http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=6224413 

wow, it's really incredible how stupid those people are.  i'm not referring to the "the media hates us" stuff.  their football predictions rival the best parody posts we've seen on this site.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »
Kudos to Manbeck for taking a pot-shot.  Did not see this coming