Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1579608 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1125 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:42 AM »
outside of the most important position, the chiefs have the best roster in the division. next year, they better give up a couple 1st rounders, move up and take one of the Tyler's (Wilson/Bray) because they won't be able to get Barkley. and they better laugh in Landry Jones face. if they go into another year with cassel/anyothercrappyjourneymanfailure... i will be finished. i will quit them.

Just imagine if they had the same roster, only Peyton Manning at QB. God forbid they mortgage the future, though.

maybe.. my issue wasn't "mortgaging the future" btw.. just wish the chiefs would join the rest of the nfl in recognizing that qb is the cornerstone, not the final piece.

While I'm not sure Carl Peterson ever recognized it, I'm sure Pioli does. The problem has been matching up the opportunity with him realizing that Cassel isn't it. In '08 he could have got Flacco, but that was right after acquiring Cassel and thinking he was the future same with Sanchez in '09 (not that Sanchez is really any better anyway). '10 was Bradford and a bunch of crap. Probably should have taken Dalton last year but that was coming off the playoffs and I'm sure they where convinced Cassel had turned a corner. This year they weren't getting Luck or RG3, Tannahill sucks, Cleveland wanted Weeden too bad for the Chiefs to have a shot without WAY overreaching and anyone else was Stanzi 2.0. They tried for Manning and he wasn't interested. Next year looks like it could be a pretty deep QB draft so hopefully they don't pull a typical Chiefs and be just good enough to not be able to get one of them.

FWIW (A- source), the nature of PM's injury was the dealbreaker.

Source: Hunt family member.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
outside of the most important position, the chiefs have the best roster in the division. next year, they better give up a couple 1st rounders, move up and take one of the Tyler's (Wilson/Bray) because they won't be able to get Barkley. and they better laugh in Landry Jones face. if they go into another year with cassel/anyothercrappyjourneymanfailure... i will be finished. i will quit them.

Just imagine if they had the same roster, only Peyton Manning at QB. God forbid they mortgage the future, though.

maybe.. my issue wasn't "mortgaging the future" btw.. just wish the chiefs would join the rest of the nfl in recognizing that qb is the cornerstone, not the final piece.

While I'm not sure Carl Peterson ever recognized it, I'm sure Pioli does. The problem has been matching up the opportunity with him realizing that Cassel isn't it. In '08 he could have got Flacco, but that was right after acquiring Cassel and thinking he was the future same with Sanchez in '09 (not that Sanchez is really any better anyway). '10 was Bradford and a bunch of crap. Probably should have taken Dalton last year but that was coming off the playoffs and I'm sure they where convinced Cassel had turned a corner. This year they weren't getting Luck or RG3, Tannahill sucks, Cleveland wanted Weeden too bad for the Chiefs to have a shot without WAY overreaching and anyone else was Stanzi 2.0. They tried for Manning and he wasn't interested. Next year looks like it could be a pretty deep QB draft so hopefully they don't pull a typical Chiefs and be just good enough to not be able to get one of them.

FWIW (A- source), the nature of PM's injury was the dealbreaker.

Source: Hunt family member.

Then your source is a lying dick.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 02, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Posnanski lite with another gem http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/01/3588043/chiefs-dream-big-except-at-quarterback.html

we know that the Chiefs will try to win games with a very promising roster around an ordinary quarterback as the rest of the league shifts to find star passers.

This is a fascinating test case.

The Chiefs’ role models in this are the 49ers and Ravens, both of whom came within a play or two of the Super Bowl last year, and both of whom are making do with limited quarterbacks.

alex smith: 27 years old, #1 overall pick of 05' draft. joe flacco: 27 years old, #18 overall pick of 08' draft. matt cassell: 29 years old, #230 overall pick of 05' draft.

yeah.. it's the exact same Sam. the exact freaking same. two 1st rounders and a 7th rounder (who is 2 years older). the exact same. it's too much. it's just...too much.

how can we expect the franchise's philosophy to change when the one person who should be inciting unrest is goose-stepping behind pioli with his pooper scooper at the ready..

Look around the league. With the help of a league scout, I came up with no fewer than 26 teams that are either thrilled with the quarterback they have (like the Packers and Patriots) or recently spent big resources on a new quarterback (the Seahawks and Colts, for instance).

That leaves six teams: the Chiefs, 49ers, Bills, Ravens, Jets and Bears

again, the 49ers, ravens, jets and bears all sport a 1st round pick at qb. the bills and chiefs stand alone with 7th rounders.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Posnanski lite with another gem http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/01/3588043/chiefs-dream-big-except-at-quarterback.html

we know that the Chiefs will try to win games with a very promising roster around an ordinary quarterback as the rest of the league shifts to find star passers.

The Chiefs’ role models in this are the 49ers and Ravens, both of whom came within a play or two of the Super Bowl last year, and both of whom are making do with limited quarterbacks.

alex smith: 27 years old, #1 overall pick of 05' draft. joe flacco: 27 years old, #18 overall pick of 08' draft. matt cassell: 29 years old, #230 overall pick of 05' draft.

yeah.. it's the exact same Sam. the exact freaking same. two 1st rounders and a 7th rounder (who is 2 years older). the exact same. it's too much. it's just...too much.

how can we expect the franchise's philosophy to change when the one person who should be inciting unrest is goose-stepping behind pioli with his pooper scooper at the ready..

Look around the league. With the help of a league scout, I came up with no fewer than 26 teams that are either thrilled with the quarterback they have (like the Packers and Patriots) or recently spent big resources on a new quarterback (the Seahawks and Colts, for instance).

again, the 49ers, ravens, jets and bears all sport a 1st round pick at qb. the bills and chiefs stand alone with 7th rounders.

The Patriots are starting a 6th rounder.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 02, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »

The Patriots are starting a 6th rounder.

aaron rodgers, peyton manning, tom brady, drew brees, ben roethlisberger, and eli manning are currently the six most successful qb's in the league.

(hint: one of these is not the same as the others).

:peek: is that you sam?
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 02, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »

Something broke in J-Dub.  He has gone full on #teamdepressed about the Chiefs, Royals, and KSU Hoops.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 02, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »

Something broke in J-Dub.  He has gone full on #teamdepressed about the Chiefs, Royals, and KSU Hoops.

:frown: it's been rough out here buddy. proven loser and not our time back 2 back.. i'm reeling.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

:frown: it's been rough out here buddy. proven loser and not our time back 2 back.. i'm reeling.

focus on the positive

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
Also, the Jets have 2 first round picks at QB.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 02, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »

i have tebow in the "novelty" round. i can't in good conscience acknowledge that an nfl team actually drafted him as a qb in the 1st..

elway cleaned that crap up. executive of the decade.
even if peyton goes all brady against the chiefs and misses the entire year, using his signing to banish tebow w/o fan backlash would still be worth it.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »

i have tebow in the "novelty" round. i can't in good conscience acknowledge that an nfl team actually drafted him as a qb in the 1st..

even if peyton goes all brady against the chiefs and misses the entire year, using his signing to banish tebow w/o fan backlash would still be worth it.

Definitely a great move by Elway, but you have to think if Manning misses more than half the season or gets injured late in the season and can't play in the playoffs the "why the hell did we trade Tebow, he could have led us to the Super Bowl" talk will start up.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 02, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »

Definitely a great move by Elway, but you have to think if Manning misses more than half the season or gets injured late in the season and can't play in the playoffs the "why the hell did we trade Tebow, he could have led us to the Super Bowl" talk will start up.

I don't think that will happen. The Broncos will win the super bowl.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »

I think he'll stay healthy too, but I don't think they'll win the Super Bowl. There's alot of holes on that roster that people are forgetting about just because they signed Manning.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »

I think he'll stay healthy too, but I don't think they'll win the Super Bowl. There's alot of holes on that roster that people are forgetting about just because they signed Manning.

Did you see Tebow's record there? They are very, very good on defense.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 02, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »

Did you see Tebow's record there? They are very, very good on defense.

Not really, 20th in yards/game, and 24th in points/game. Great at pressuring the QB but other than an aging Champ Bailey they're pretty meh in the secondary and almost as bad as the Chiefs against the run. The only reason they went 8-8 was a weak schedule and a great running game. They also don't have much depth either and need most of their starters to stay healthy.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: June 07, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
who's excited to watch alex tanney throw a 50+ yard strike, hit the upright, and have it ricochet into the arms of bowe for the home opener go ahead td?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 07, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
who's excited to watch alex tanney throw a 50+ yard strike, hit the upright, and have it ricochet into the arms of bowe for the home opener go ahead td?

Clearly the kid is destined for success. After all, those guys from ATM that did the basketball trick shots are all playing in the NBA now.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »

Clearly the kid is destined for success. After all, those guys from ATM that did the basketball trick shots are all playing in the NBA now.
Until i see Cassel, throw a ball from arrowhead into a garbage can situation at 2nd base in the K, or Quinn throw a pass to someone on timberwolf, from the top of the first hill on the Mamba, or even if stanzi, blindfolded, simply completes a pass to Jimmie Johnson completing his final lap at KS Speedway, I'm #teamTanney.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 07, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »

Until i see Cassel, throw a ball from arrowhead into a garbage can situation at 2nd base in the K, or Quinn throw a pass to someone on timberwolf, from the top of the first hill on the Mamba, or even if stanzi, blindfolded, simply completes a pass to Jimmie Johnson completing his final lap at KS Speedway, I'm #teamTanney.
That is all I saw and I thought, crap, he does that all of the effn' time.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 07, 2012, 11:04:24 PM »

He's a big kid with a big arm... definitely far worse players to take a flyer on. If King Carl still ran the show I could guarentee you he'd be cut, sign with someone else (probably a division rival) and go on to be a 3/4 time Pro Bowler.

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 15, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »

That is all I saw and I thought, crap, he does that all of the effn' time.

:lol: :lol: dammit, too true. i hate how much i love the chiefs.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 15, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »

skip ahead to 2:59. cassel with a 26 yard hail mary off the crossbar??
check.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/09000d5d8151f1c6/NFL-Scoreboard-Browns-vs-Chiefs-highlights

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 16, 2012, 12:32:06 AM »

skip ahead to 2:59. cassel with a 26 yard hail mary off the crossbar??
check.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/09000d5d8151f1c6/NFL-Scoreboard-Browns-vs-Chiefs-highlights
i mean, right idea.. but wheres the  :sdeek: or the  :excited: ? sooo unoriginal, matthew.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 26, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82acb6e7/article/preseason-power-rankings-packers-pace-contenders?module=HP11_content_stream

"Next-Level"  :excited:

IMO, Cassel is an above average QB with a competent person calling the plays (not Haley)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
9-7.  Wild Card loss.  Mark it down.