Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1502412 times)

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #24550 on: February 12, 2024, 01:54:35 PM »
Everyone seemed confused. No, idiots. The SB is not going to end in a tie ... Also, if you listened to the ref's instructions at the OT coin toss, you'd know that.

Also I legit enjoyed that several players on San Fran didn't quite understand the Chiefs were going to get a chance as well no matter what, which is mind blowing to me.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24551 on: February 12, 2024, 01:55:45 PM »
I was the first one to jump up at our SB party when Hardman caught the TD pass in OT. Think the rest didn't think it was actually over.

Hardman didn't seem to think it was over

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24552 on: February 12, 2024, 02:06:07 PM »
This all reminds me of that time Donovan McNab didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24553 on: February 12, 2024, 02:19:17 PM »
Everyone seemed confused. No, idiots. The SB is not going to end in a tie ... Also, if you listened to the ref's instructions at the OT coin toss, you'd know that.
The game wasn't tied.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24554 on: February 12, 2024, 02:21:32 PM »
The game wasn't tied.

It would have been if the Chiefs kicked a FG, and they were well within range.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24555 on: February 12, 2024, 02:22:58 PM »
The game wasn't tied.

It would have been if the Chiefs kicked a FG, and they were well within range.
Right but people were concerned about the clock expiring. It was an easy detail to miss (the game cannot end until the 2nd team's first possession has been completed)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24556 on: February 12, 2024, 02:28:31 PM »
It’s pretty confusing and rare enough that the casual fan may be concerned about OT running out of time should the OT clock expiring.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24557 on: February 12, 2024, 03:01:01 PM »
Does the clock in playoff OT mean anything at all?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24558 on: February 12, 2024, 03:25:27 PM »
Kim Carnes is going to be I-told-you-so'ing about cheap WR's forever now.
I'm not 100% sure kim saying the chiefs would be idiots to draft a wr means he is pro-cheap wr's

The real embodiment of what I was saying is that we’re fine with what we have at the skill player positions to have an effective passing game.  I don’t think we should use a first or a second on a wr this year (or even a third).  You don’t need two pass catchers like hill and kelce on the same team when you have mahomes and reid.  I’m all about defense and offensive line.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24559 on: February 12, 2024, 03:35:39 PM »

Not really, no. Again, this is a new rule. As Romo correctly explained as to why the Chiefs weren't calling their TOs, think of it like the end of the first quarter. Chiefs apparently installed their strategy in relation to new playoff OT rules during training camp. The 49ers apparently never addressed it as a team. There's a Tweet with primary sources explaining this, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Unless you ask really nicely.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24560 on: February 12, 2024, 04:22:32 PM »
kim is an unserious poster and that's ok

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24561 on: February 12, 2024, 04:24:55 PM »
Not sure where to put this

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24562 on: February 12, 2024, 04:28:20 PM »

I'm assuming you would switch ends after the first OT period ends.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24563 on: February 12, 2024, 04:52:07 PM »

Not really, no. Again, this is a new rule. As Romo correctly explained as to why the Chiefs weren't calling their TOs, think of it like the end of the first quarter. Chiefs apparently installed their strategy in relation to new playoff OT rules during training camp. The 49ers apparently never addressed it as a team. There's a Tweet with primary sources explaining this, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Unless you ask really nicely.

Yeah, I understood that but was trying to think of some other reason to even have the clock at all and couldn't come up with any.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24564 on: February 12, 2024, 04:57:29 PM »

Yeah, I understood that but was trying to think of some other reason to even have the clock at all and couldn't come up with any.

I recently (today) looked up the rules from the source, and honestly, no. There's no real reason to have a clock, other than the 4th quarter timing rules.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24565 on: February 12, 2024, 05:23:53 PM »

I recently (today) looked up the rules from the source, and honestly, no. There's no real reason to have a clock, other than the 4th quarter timing rules.

Probably guards a situation when pursuing/defending a particular end zone is disadvantageous
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24566 on: February 12, 2024, 05:28:21 PM »
Also possible. But the rules are designed in such a way that there shouldn't be a 3rd possession. I think it's fine. Obvs someone has to win, in the end.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #24567 on: February 12, 2024, 07:06:30 PM »

Maybe for statistical purposes? To help track time of possession and whatnot. And to allow for a 2-minute warning.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24568 on: February 12, 2024, 07:19:03 PM »
@SkinnyBenny where is the Super Bowl next year?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24569 on: February 12, 2024, 07:26:06 PM »
Guys when we won last night there was basically a mosh pit and I went over and joined. I’ve never done anything like that before. This was an expensive af trip but completely worth it for the experience.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24570 on: February 12, 2024, 07:37:50 PM »
Guys when we won last night there was basically a mosh pit and I went over and joined. I’ve never done anything like that before. This was an expensive af trip but completely worth it for the experience.

I, for one, am happy you were able to have that exxxperience. Cheers!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24571 on: February 12, 2024, 07:40:52 PM »

I, for one, am happy you were able to have that exxxperience. Cheers!
Thanks, bud! :cheers:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #24572 on: February 12, 2024, 07:44:39 PM »
@SkinnyBenny where is the Super Bowl next year?

Tulane's new stade
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24573 on: February 12, 2024, 08:28:18 PM »
Avery Johnson gonna warm up it for Pat in September
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24574 on: February 12, 2024, 08:37:40 PM »
Avery Johnson gonna warm up it for Pat in September

I believe Jalon Daniels will be warming up Arrowhead, Sir.