Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1479963 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #19850 on: November 08, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »
I have met quite a few random people that own Packers shares and most have it framed in their house somewhere.

Were any of those kinds walking around with their framed share hanging from a turnover chain or something?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: November 08, 2021, 11:26:57 AM »
I have met quite a few random people that own Packers shares and most have it framed in their house somewhere.

Were any of those kinds walking around with their framed share hanging from a turnover chain or something?

It was just people in Aaron Rodgers jerseys that seem to frequent dairy-based haberdasheries

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: November 08, 2021, 12:13:59 PM »
pretty much just a ton of Iowans

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: November 08, 2021, 12:18:28 PM »
Did they wear t-shirts under polos under the jerseys?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: November 08, 2021, 01:12:43 PM »
I think Ingram was a good get.  He got a lot of playing time last night.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: November 08, 2021, 01:17:33 PM »
29 plays, .5 tackles.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19856 on: November 08, 2021, 01:18:12 PM »
That is a bad way to judge a DE who played almost exclusively passing downs
:adios:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: November 08, 2021, 01:18:38 PM »
I was out there too and also did not see any fights - there were more weirdo "Superfan" people than I thought.

I was on the upper deck and it was nice to watch from a different view than TV.  Seems like we run very few routes in the middle of the field in about the 10-15 yd range, other than Kelce hanging out there sometimes.  When we did have guys there, they were frequently open and ignored.  I think Mahomes and the offense need a little more Alex Smith in them.  The D played great but was a mess on the TD play.  They weren't fully lined up and should've used a timeout to get their crap together.  It was fun to watch Mathieu line up in one area and then, before the ball was snapped, sprint to the other side of the field and be perfectly positioned to blow up the play.  It happened multiple times and is something that I don't feel like is clearly conveyed on TV.  I do think some of it was the benefit of playing against an inexperienced QB.

The TD drive was a lot of that and then they went away from it, it's honestly maddening, and I don't disagree doing more check down/safe throws would be better for this team, or at least get the other team's defense to have to adjust, but it seems like Patrick and/or Andy want to just throw bombs all the time, or not be patient.

I mean listening to one of the announcers last week on MNF that was literally his diagnosis of the problem and tbh I pretty much agree. They can't sling it down field when the other team has 2-3 guys 15+ yards back prior to the snap and think it'll go well, while the defense seem to just give the Chiefs wide open opportunities about 10-15 yards downfield, and they rarely take them, and if they do it's a misthrow, dropped pass, or a penalty.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19858 on: November 08, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
PFF graded him out very well, for what it’s worth

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: November 08, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »
I was out there too and also did not see any fights - there were more weirdo "Superfan" people than I thought.

I was on the upper deck and it was nice to watch from a different view than TV.  Seems like we run very few routes in the middle of the field in about the 10-15 yd range, other than Kelce hanging out there sometimes.  When we did have guys there, they were frequently open and ignored.  I think Mahomes and the offense need a little more Alex Smith in them.  The D played great but was a mess on the TD play.  They weren't fully lined up and should've used a timeout to get their crap together.  It was fun to watch Mathieu line up in one area and then, before the ball was snapped, sprint to the other side of the field and be perfectly positioned to blow up the play.  It happened multiple times and is something that I don't feel like is clearly conveyed on TV.  I do think some of it was the benefit of playing against an inexperienced QB.

The TD drive was a lot of that and then they went away from it, it's honestly maddening, and I don't disagree doing more check down/safe throws would be better for this team, or at least get the other team's defense to have to adjust, but it seems like Patrick and/or Andy want to just throw bombs all the time, or not be patient.

I mean listening to one of the announcers last week on MNF that was literally his diagnosis of the problem and tbh I pretty much agree. They can't sling it down field when the other team has 2-3 guys 15+ yards back prior to the snap and think it'll go well, while the defense seem to just give the Chiefs wide open opportunities about 10-15 yards downfield, and they rarely take them, and if they do it's a misthrow, dropped pass, or a penalty.

In their Week 9 upset win over the Bills, Jacksonville's shoddy defense deployed a Cover-2 shell, "designed to take away long-ball opportunities by keeping each safety deep and anchored to one side of the field, giving ample support to the zone coverage of cornerbacks and linebackers in front of them." The Cover-2 shell forces otherwise high-flying offense to remain patient and take underneath throws rather than downfield shots, as the Bills did throughout 2020 and into 2021. And it can frustrate big-armed quarterbacks like Josh Allen (and Patrick Mahomes) accustomed to aggressive downfield passing. Against Jacksonville on Sunday, "the Bills had no answer other than to take what the Jaguars were ceding with underneath throws," Buscaglia said. Allen finished with 264 yards, no touchdowns, and two picks. If the Bills can't punish opponents with an effective rushing attack when defenses use the Cover-2 shell, their offense will be easily stopped, just as Kanas City's once-great offense has come to a screeching halt this season. Cole Beasley and other short-area pass catchers will retain their fantasy value for as long as Buffalo opponents deploy the Cover-2 shell. Stefon Diggs and Emmanuel Sanders are a different story. The team's Week 9 loss was "a massive signal to the rest of the league that the Bills are flawed offensively and there’s a formula to turn them from extraordinary to inefficient," Buscaglia said. "Until the Bills find those answers on offense, there could be more precarious weeks ahead."

I read that this morning and that helped explained a lot for me.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19860 on: November 08, 2021, 01:51:07 PM »
Need the bye week and some self scouting on the offensive side.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: November 08, 2021, 02:11:09 PM »

In their Week 9 upset win over the Bills, Jacksonville's shoddy defense deployed a Cover-2 shell, "designed to take away long-ball opportunities by keeping each safety deep and anchored to one side of the field, giving ample support to the zone coverage of cornerbacks and linebackers in front of them." The Cover-2 shell forces otherwise high-flying offense to remain patient and take underneath throws rather than downfield shots, as the Bills did throughout 2020 and into 2021. And it can frustrate big-armed quarterbacks like Josh Allen (and Patrick Mahomes) accustomed to aggressive downfield passing. Against Jacksonville on Sunday, "the Bills had no answer other than to take what the Jaguars were ceding with underneath throws," Buscaglia said. Allen finished with 264 yards, no touchdowns, and two picks. If the Bills can't punish opponents with an effective rushing attack when defenses use the Cover-2 shell, their offense will be easily stopped, just as Kanas City's once-great offense has come to a screeching halt this season. Cole Beasley and other short-area pass catchers will retain their fantasy value for as long as Buffalo opponents deploy the Cover-2 shell. Stefon Diggs and Emmanuel Sanders are a different story. The team's Week 9 loss was "a massive signal to the rest of the league that the Bills are flawed offensively and there’s a formula to turn them from extraordinary to inefficient," Buscaglia said. "Until the Bills find those answers on offense, there could be more precarious weeks ahead."

Yeah, I attribute most of the struggles this offense has with being too stubborn to run the ball against defensive schemes that can't stop the run.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: November 08, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »
I think the tiny receivers make the middle passes harder but who knows
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: November 08, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »
Would OBJ help?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: November 08, 2021, 02:47:46 PM »
Yeah, I attribute most of the struggles this offense has with being too stubborn to run the ball against defensive schemes that can't stop the run.

the chiefs run it A LOT!

129 rush attempts out of 290 1st downs (44%)

and their run blocking has been outstanding. the production however has been infuriating. CEH's longest run is 17 yards. Williams' is 12. Gore's is 10.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1457785342170308609?s=20

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: November 08, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »

i think it's more of this

https://gfycat.com/satisfiedsoftdevilfish

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: November 08, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »

Yup, totally ignored a wide open Kelce to try and yeet it to Tyreek.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: November 08, 2021, 03:05:43 PM »

Yeah, that makes sense.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: November 08, 2021, 03:15:51 PM »
We're going to win the division, I think.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: November 08, 2021, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: November 08, 2021, 03:38:47 PM »
I almost asked last week if Tre or Kenny Vaccaro are available (didn't realize KV is some kind of professional video gamer now) to get Dan off the field.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1457771653912358919

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: November 08, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »
armani watts is already on the roster and would be as bad or better than dirt

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: November 08, 2021, 03:57:36 PM »
Guys its Raiders week.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: November 08, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »

Great shot, and spot on.   TK was open by 5 yards, but opts to chuck it into bracket coverage. 

If he throws TK even more open, it's potentially a nice YAC play as well.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: November 08, 2021, 04:20:31 PM »
Worse, that was to Hardman, not even Hill.