Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461595 times)

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #19125 on: February 08, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
What a shitty game.  Probably the worst super bowl in recent memory.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19126 on: February 08, 2021, 09:09:57 AM »
Patrick had so many “firsts” in that game, and not the good kind. Perfect storm of injuries, distractions (COVID barber and Eric Reid), Tampa playing best game of year, etc.  Our offensive game plan also looked really bad.  I thought not arriving in Tampa until day before would be advantageous but obviously not the case. 

Final Thoughts:
I feel bad for NFL fans.  That game could have been a classic but was a blowout instead.

Halftime show was a dumpster fire.

rough ridin' Tom Brady has a realistic chance to win an 8th.
Everyone is saying that Brady is the greatest athlete in history. Doesn't pass the eye test in my books.
He's probably not (it's likely impossible to determine what "greatest athlete in history" even means), but he's one of the best ever at taking a football team to the championship game and winning it. Whether it's because he knows how to pick a team or has some innate quality to drag teams over the line, he has it.
Maybe the most boring great athlete in history. Like the opposite of you could make the case that Usain Bolt or MJ is the most electrifying greatest athlete in the history of sports.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19127 on: February 08, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Guys this is what happens when you think you’re so good that you use a first round pick on a rb

This a million times.

Hopefully our front office has now learned this lesson.
The Chiefs took a dude in the 3rd round and he opted out this season. Another one opted out because he's a Doctor too. Two pro bowlers went down due to injury. This seems kinda dumb to bitch about. crap happens.

also Osemele broke both his legs (not that he would have helped much in pass pro)

the chiefs O line / bucs D line was definitely the story of the game, but also, the plays when mahomes *did* have time and/or scrambled to give himself time to throw, chiefs receivers were not getting separation. that was almost more concerning, because they were at full strength with 2 weeks to game plan. in that sense, reid got totally pantsed by bowles.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19128 on: February 08, 2021, 09:34:58 AM »

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19129 on: February 08, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
Guys this is what happens when you think you’re so good that you use a first round pick on a rb

This a million times.

The Chiefs took a dude in the 3rd round and he opted out this season. Another one opted out because he's a Doctor too. Two pro bowlers went down due to injury. This seems kinda dumb to bitch about. crap happens.

also Osemele broke both his legs (not that he would have helped much in pass pro)

the chiefs O line / bucs D line was definitely the story of the game, but also, the plays when mahomes *did* have time and/or scrambled to give himself time to throw, chiefs receivers were not getting separation. that was almost more concerning, because they were at full strength with 2 weeks to game plan. in that sense, reid got totally pantsed by bowles.

I think the separation would have happened IMO had Mahomes been given more time, he'd found more guys, thus either forcing TB to drop more in coverage, and thus open up the run, or commit more the the blitz and have less guys to cover. They did do an above average job covering, but I think the lack of time really affected that.

1000% on the game plan, they definitely came in thinking they didn't have to worry about the pass rush as much as they thought, a lot of the play just shouldn't been trying to go vertical all the time, they needed more screen/bubble screens etc. but they just didn't start there, and then by the time they got down so much, you couldn't be cute like that and you had to go vertical. It just really seemed like the plan was the offense would either eventually figure it out or try and yeet that ball down field at will, those never really happened.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19130 on: February 08, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »
Nuts

https://twitter.com/ReidOptionKC/status/1358605188517478400?s=19

Part of me feels like I'm irrationally upset about this play because the game wasn't going to be won regardless, but on the other hand, that should have been the best pass I have ever seen in my entire life and it wasn't because the guy just let it bounce off of his facemask.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19131 on: February 08, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19132 on: February 08, 2021, 10:27:03 AM »
There's not much to say. About everything that can go wrong did. The penalties, the horrible OL play, the dropped passes, the clock before half, and about a dozen other things made it probably the worst game the Chiefs have played since they got blown out on SNF to Pitt in 2016. It was painful to watch, however, I really enjoyed the season. Pass rusher, WR2, all spots on the OL, back up QB all need to be addressed in the off seas. Also, cut that punter.

We'll always have the goal line stand.

Chiefs fans should probably chill on being hyper focused on Mahomes vs Brady legacy. I got pretty tired of the talking point leading up to the game. Its going to be a lot more fun the next decade watching Mahomes and the team on their own merits without looking back to Brady all the time.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19133 on: February 08, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
The sequence at the end of the 1st half was just straight up PAINFUL tho. Give them timeout, give them timeout, PI, PI, touchdown. I felt pain in my heart.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19134 on: February 08, 2021, 10:55:48 AM »
happy, mad, sad, frustrated, confused, angry, jealous, this game had me feeling a wide range of emotions!

would have been nice to win again but oh well, fun season and glad we made it this far!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19135 on: February 08, 2021, 12:17:20 PM »
happy, mad, sad, frustrated, confused, angry, jealous, this game had me feeling a wide range of emotions!

would have been nice to win again but oh well, fun season and glad we made it this far!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19136 on: February 08, 2021, 12:32:50 PM »
The sequence at the end of the 1st half was just straight up PAINFUL tho. Give them timeout, give them timeout, PI, PI, touchdown. I felt pain in my heart.

Easily the worst decision making and then follow up play making ever. TB was clearly playing to go to half right there, and the second you call a TO you essentially force their hand cause you are telling them you want the ball back, for whatever reason, with no more than like 30 some seconds left (best case), and TB and brady did exactly what they should and got some lucky, and def bad timing on the chiefs, for penalties. I was legit furious at Reid and the staff for that, I seriously thought at first the TO was Tampa taking their last TO, when they said it was the Chiefs, I was legit floored, I don't think I ever said the word idiot more in my life in less time than I did there.

It was worse than GB deciding to kick a FG in the NFC champ game instead of going for the TD two weeks before, it was that level dumb.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19137 on: February 08, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »
There's not much to say. About everything that can go wrong did. The penalties, the horrible OL play, the dropped passes, the clock before half, and about a dozen other things made it probably the worst game the Chiefs have played since they got blown out on SNF to Pitt in 2016. It was painful to watch, however, I really enjoyed the season. Pass rusher, WR2, all spots on the OL, back up QB all need to be addressed in the off seas. Also, cut that punter.

Chiefs fans should probably chill on being hyper focused on Mahomes vs Brady legacy. I got pretty tired of the talking point leading up to the game. Its going to be a lot more fun the next decade watching Mahomes and the team on their own merits without looking back to Brady all the time.

I agree with most of that. They had a bad game plan, bad in game decision making, legit issues on the line, and bad plays made by players, all came together to make it be a crap show.

I am not too concerned about the WR2, hardman is fine, if you get someone else great but I don't think that's that big a deal, same with the punter, he can boom the crap out if it, he just needs to be more consistent, his play IMO didn't effect the game that much. O-line for sure and pass rush do need to be addressed, but o-line first.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19138 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »
Hardman hasn't developed at all in 2 years, I can't see him being the 2
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19139 on: February 08, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
Looking ahead to draft....

Need to focus on OL and WRs.  Maybe even look for a good TE2.  Need to do whatever we can to give Mahomes playmakers and time in the pocket. 

Hardman is no WR2. Robinson needs to go, and Watkins is probably done (and should be because he can’t stay healthy).
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19140 on: February 08, 2021, 01:09:54 PM »
pringle can play ahead of mecole

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: February 08, 2021, 01:24:53 PM »

This a million times.

How much impact did our first round draft pick have on the game?  Even before the injuries and opt-outs, we were short on talent on the offensive line.  We are short on talent at multiple positions on defense as well.  I'll give you that drafting Edwards-Helaire is not the only reason we lost the Super Bowl, but it's a contributing factor.  That draft pick could have been used at four different positions on defense or on the offensive line and improved the team.  It's dumb to draft running backs in the 1st round and especially so after seeing how this offense was run this year.

The larger picture is that it's starting to become a question whether or not Veach is good at drafting.  Look at his three drafts:

2nd - Breeland Speaks
3rd - Derrick Nnadi
3rd - Dorian O'Daniel
4th - Armani Watts
6th - Tremon Smith
6th - Khalil McKenzie

2nd - Mecole Hardman (traded up to get him)
2nd - Juan Thornhill
3rd - Khalen Saunders
6th - Rashad Fenton
6th - Darwin Thompson
7th - Nick Allegretti

1st - Clyde Edwards-Hleaire
2nd - Willie Gay
3rd - Lucas Niang
4th - L'Jarius Sneed
5th - Mike Danna
7th - BoPete Keyes

Who was out there really impacting the Super Bowl?  Sneed and ...?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19142 on: February 08, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »
Lol you got the Superbowl, I think he's doing ok.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: February 08, 2021, 01:52:55 PM »
You can question 2018 other than Nnadi (he rules), but the last 2 have been pretty good. Still stupid to draft a rb in the 1st round but he did end up getting a stud CB in the 4th to make up for it

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: February 08, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »

agree with all of this.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: February 08, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »

I agree with most of that. They had a bad game plan, bad in game decision making, legit issues on the line, and bad plays made by players, all came together to make it be a crap show.

I am not too concerned about the WR2, hardman is fine, if you get someone else great but I don't think that's that big a deal, same with the punter, he can boom the crap out if it, he just needs to be more consistent, his play IMO didn't effect the game that much. O-line for sure and pass rush do need to be addressed, but o-line first.

Listen, they can win a super bowl with these wideouts, but I'd like to see them upgrade WR2. I'm greedy.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: February 08, 2021, 02:05:12 PM »
We were desperate for RB talent even before Williams opted out.  Nobody thought CEH was going to start this season.  He was a good add and will continue to get better (especially behind an OL which is where we need to focus our draft picks).

Also, Hardman was another desperate grab because the organization wasn't sure if Tyreek would be going the path of Kareem Hunt.  Chiefs should always be looking for WR talent, but I think Mahomes can make them really good if he has time in the pocket.

Also I think Pringle is a 2021 starter.  Robinson and Watkins are gone.  Pringle is 2nd best WR on the team right now (which is confirmation we need a good draft).  They will need to backfill his role on special teams.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: February 08, 2021, 02:06:21 PM »
Might be an unpopular opinion, but LeVeon was drastically underutilized during his time in Kansas City.  Not sure what went wrong.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: February 08, 2021, 02:24:50 PM »
I am not too concerned about the WR2, hardman is fine

this is crazy. the only thing the chiefs should be doing for the next decade + is leverage mahomes, which means surrounding him with weapons and protection

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: February 08, 2021, 02:31:49 PM »
if we can get a solid long snapper early in the 2nd round, we have to make a move for it.  beyond that, i think this team is primed for another run at the LOMBARDI in the fall of the lord's year, 2021