Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461226 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #18400 on: October 19, 2020, 04:01:19 PM »
LFG
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: October 19, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
Random Monday afternoon Chiefs football? I'm into it...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: October 19, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »
let's go pringle  :ksu:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: October 19, 2020, 07:00:13 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: October 19, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »
Just your classic Monday mid-afternoon slopfest.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18405 on: October 20, 2020, 08:06:01 AM »
See what happens when the OL gives CEH a little bit of room.  :fatty:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: October 20, 2020, 08:24:41 AM »
They ran a decent amount of draws, which is what people were saying they should do given how often they get blitzed.  I loved watching our run game have success.  Add Le'Veon to the mix and safeties will creep up so Patrick can go long! 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: October 20, 2020, 08:30:19 AM »
I appreciate how much patience the Chiefs are showing but miss the long ball.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: October 20, 2020, 09:09:23 AM »
It’s nice to see when a team continues with a light box that we can punish them, but running that much is dumb. We were damn near perfect, and we averaged 3.25 points per drive, just better than our average 2.95.
:adios:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: October 20, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
demarcus robsinson not being terrible was nice. also it's looking like we should be able to afford mecole's 2nd contract!  :excited:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: October 20, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
It’s nice to see when a team continues with a light box that we can punish them, but running that much is dumb. We were damn near perfect, and we averaged 3.25 points per drive, just better than our average 2.95.

Not sure I really understand where you're coming from here...it was pouring rain the entire game.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: October 20, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »

Not sure I really understand where you're coming from here...it was pouring rain the entire game.
You’re right, and that made passing the ball next to impossible :blank:

:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: October 20, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »
If we are averaging more points per drive than average, why complain about the offense running the ball too much?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: October 20, 2020, 10:47:32 AM »
Winning is not good enough, we need to win with style.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: October 20, 2020, 10:47:49 AM »

You’re right, and that made passing the ball next to impossible :blank:

I remember the Bronco's game last year in the snowstorm and before the game I was thinking about how we were going to have to pound the rock because it would be too hard to throw.  :lol:

Mahomes went 27/34 with 340 yards and 2 TDs

If we needed to pass yesterday we could of but we just kept handing the ball off for 7 yards a carry which is pretty good I think.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: October 20, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
the thought is that the chiefs are the better team no matter the opponent. therefore it is advantageous for the chiefs to have as many possessions as possible, because more possessions means more time for what's supposed to happen to actually happen (the chiefs scoring more than their opponent). so when the chiefs run the ball 40 times it shortens the game / limits possessions quite a bit. it's why you can rush for 400 yards in a game and look up in the 4th quarter and it's still a one score game. fewer possessions favors randomness, which favors the worse team. do you guys ever watch bruceketball?

the bills strategy actually worked because they baited the chiefs into running way more than they normally would, and sure enough it was 23-17 in the 4th quarter, with the bills only needing one stop to get the ball back, which they almost did! about as good a chance as any team could hope for vs the chiefs.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: October 20, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
last week, the chiefs rightly baited the raiders into throwing the ball all over the place, just betting on the fact that derek carr is terrible, and knowing more throwing = more possessions for mahomes. it backfired bc mahomes had his career worst completion % and pocket bail % (i made that one up), and derek carr played out of his mind

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: October 20, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
the thought is that the chiefs are the better team no matter the opponent. therefore it is advantageous for the chiefs to have as many possessions as possible, because more possessions means more time for what's supposed to happen to actually happen (the chiefs scoring more than their opponent). so when the chiefs run the ball 40 times it shortens the game / limits possessions quite a bit. it's why you can rush for 400 yards in a game and look up in the 4th quarter and it's still a one score game. fewer possessions favors randomness, which favors the worse team. do you guys ever watch bruceketball?

the bills strategy actually worked because they baited the chiefs into running way more than they normally would, and sure enough it was 23-17 in the 4th quarter, with the bills only needing one stop to get the ball back, which they almost did! about as good a chance as any team could hope for vs the chiefs.
Yes, shortening the game is the play vs the Chiefs.  The almost CEH fumble shows why that would work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: October 20, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
I understand more possessions can correct for more randomness and benefit the chiefs.  However, we had the lead and were very successful running the ball.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: October 20, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »

Yes, shortening the game is the play vs the Chiefs.  The almost CEH fumble shows why that would work.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about CEH fumbling after he is clearly down, as much as I am worried about Robinson holding the ball in one dangling hand like he's Sweetness.  Robinson scares the crap out of me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18420 on: October 20, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
John Ross, anyone?  He's only 5'11"  I was thinking he was bigger than that.  I have a wish in my heart to give Patrick a tall WR to go along with Kelsey.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18421 on: October 20, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
John Ross, anyone?  He's only 5'11"  I was thinking he was bigger than that.  I have a wish in my heart to give Patrick a tall WR to go along with Kelsey.

he was the player drafted one spot previous to mahomes

:Keke:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: October 20, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
Just FYI these are at Kansas Sampler now. $156

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: October 20, 2020, 10:05:50 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: October 20, 2020, 10:11:01 PM »
lmbo!